Hiring Encoders and Distro

Koby

lol, we've got all these offers for distro, typeset/timing help, and sourcing material; but unless I missed it, no one offering to actually encode things.

Most of the old team members can do all their own typesetting/timing/styling/encoding; so unless they're just being lazy. or unless we get a new encoder or two who doesn't know how to work with ASS, then we don't really needed dedicated users for typesetting and timing at this point. It'd be nice to have the extra staff and we could use them from time to time, but as it stands; without more encoders no one would really have any jobs to do past the point of distro'ing our current releases out to torrents and file hosts.

Ok, so I found this in "Kametsu Encodes Index":

ef ~ a tale of memories [720p/480p] [Dual Audio] (Incomplete)

What's the status on it? It's a very good series imo and I wanted to do it in a far, far, far, far future....

What's the status on it? It's a very good series imo and I wanted to do it in a far, far, far, far future....

haha,

It was the first project I began myself when the team initially banded. ef ~ a tale of memories is one of my top 5 shows so I wanted to do it. An-IP-BreAKDoWN was team leader pretty much at the time and he was way to strict about things to the point it delayed pretty much all releases for months while QC'ers would nitpick each and every little thing. We ended up dropping this strictness because it was doing more harm than good.

As for ef ~ it ended up stalled after the whole mess of AIB expecting each and every line of the subtitles to be retimed individually due to scene bleeding. As I said before, we're a lot less strict on this though. I finished up episodes 1-9 but ended up stalling the rest and never completed it. I kind of want to redo the encodes though now since I've learned a bit more I feel I could optimize my settings a bit.

haha,

It was the first project I began myself when the team initially banded. ef ~ a tale of memories is one of my top 5 shows so I wanted to do it. An-IP-BreAKDoWN was team leader pretty much at the time and he was way to strict about things to the point it delayed pretty much all releases for months while QC'ers would nitpick each and every little thing. We ended up dropping this strictness because it was doing more harm than good.

As for ef ~ it ended up stalled after the whole mess of AIB expecting each and every line of the subtitles to be retimed individually due to scene bleeding. As I said before, we're a lot less strict on this though. I finished up episodes 1-9 but ended up stalling the rest and never completed it. I kind of want to redo the encodes though now since I've learned a bit more I feel I could optimize my settings a bit.

ok then, let's do it.

• Like 1

Here's some old links that I imported to my new account. These can be used to save on one of the distro guy's bandwidth. The only problem is that they have to be checked for corrupted files, and I don't feel like redownloading all that again. 

Black Butler

https://mega.co.nz/#F!gogC0SjZ!1sJCZ5SKQA-eAtwM1OO2aA

Black Butler 2

https://mega.co.nz/#F!Vw4g2JiZ!7FTZ0Pis7RtQU0rTEObBEQ

Fractale

https://mega.co.nz/#F!BkAjyK6J!nOQ_JlLwy7t_Gkf_nkYVRg

Rideback

https://mega.co.nz/#F!gtQjnDIS!qCF4Fp35sjkMtHAitj17jQ

Edited by undertehker

Turns out I can't find Ef~ jpbd source... that would actually download in a reasonable time. ;o

As I said: I can source most things. If Koby is serious about continuing, then I'll get it down.

Edit: Added quote for clarity...

Edited by JohnFlower

• 2 weeks later...

Please confirm missing releases. At least Bleach Movie 4 is missing, so it makes me question what else isn't there.

Once confirmed, I can add to anidb rather quicklike. They do like to bitch about no mediainfo though... Their auto creqing never seems to add it for some reason. I'm sure I'll figure it out one day.

Edit: [Kametsu]XDCC still replaces spaces with underscores...

Edited by JohnFlower

Please confirm missing releases. At least Bleach Movie 4 is missing, so it makes me question what else isn't there.

Once confirmed, I can add to anidb rather quicklike. They do like to bitch about no mediainfo though... Their auto creqing never seems to add it for some reason. I'm sure I'll figure it out one day.

Bleach Movie 4 appears to already be in aniDB.

These are what I notice missing:

Digimon Movie

Ninja Scroll

both Resident Evil movies

Zatch Bell

and any of Kenpachi's work he has tagged under Kametsu; namely the Shippuuden movies 4+5.

That said; my bot is missing some of Kametsu's releases. Namely 1080p's of some of BreAKDoWN's work such as the 4th Bleach movie and Grave of Fireflies. Also missing is v2 of Grave of Fireflies 720p. I only had v1 and BreAKDoWN's bot disappeared :/

I meant to say which releases were missing from the bot, and not the ones missing from anidb. I'm downloading and adding them all, so it won't matter.

The 1080p v2 release of Grave of the Fireflies is on bakabt. I don't know if the 720p release listed there is v2, though...

I meant to say which releases were missing from the bot, and not the ones missing from anidb. I'm downloading and adding them all, so it won't matter.

The 1080p v2 release of Grave of the Fireflies is on bakabt. I don't know if the 720p release listed there is v2, though...

An easy way to tell is his v1 was labeled 690p and was like 3 gb something. The v2 was properly labeled and something like 5 gb.

Are they available any other place besides BakaBT?

• 4 weeks later...

It's the v1 then... Might as well add it to anidb too. In which case I would need to source the v1 for the 1080p release, too.

Breakdown sent me the v2 720p btw. I just need to add it and the rest of Kametsu's releases to the Kametsu bot.

Also... still hiring. No luck so far with new encoders.

• Nekone locked this topic