Hiring Encoders and Distro

Koby

The Kametsu encode team is looking for other "competent" encoders to join our team.

Your encode method must be able to utilize avisynth scripting. You must know how to do said filtering, you must know how to look at the source video and determine what needs to be fixed and what filters would get the job done. You can always consult other members of the team on this as well for advice and tips.

You must know how to work with ASS format subtitles. Either how to OCR subtitles from Blu-ray/DVD and style them (this includes adding English and Romaji to opening/endings and typesetting signs) or at least how to take fansub scripts and retime them to your encode properly (minimal to no scene bleeds).

It's fairly easy to do, but it's time consuming and not many people do it right.

Why should you join the team?

• You get to post your work here: http://projects.kametsu.com
  • Your work gets added to XDCC.
  • You'll get placed in a nice "Kametsu Encoder" usergroup (coming soon).
  • You get to post/upload your work in a dedicated board for Kametsu encodes (coming soon) so they stand out from the rest and likely get more attention on the board.
  • You get to say you got the projects page active again (seriously, the team is pretty dead as of late).

Also looking for some distro. This simply means downloading our releases from XDCC and uploading them to either torrents or filehosts and posting them to the forum. A lot of our encoders tend to not want to bother with inferior methods of distro so our work is rarely posted outside of XDCC. I hope to change this just so they get more exposure, but I don't really have any care about filehosts or maintaining links when they rapidly get deleted or die; so looking for dedicated distro staff of our work.

I'll be down for distro seeing as I don't have the pc power to encode nor do I know how to.

I've offered before but never heard anything back.

Alright, cool. IDK why you didn't get a response before.

I can do distro, as for encoding, I can't do dvd or blu-ray rips, but I can do a little encoding, and I know how to work with .ASS file scripts and changing fonts, I can also retime scripts if needed.

I have never worked for any group but I can do some typesetting & karaoke (including creating kara from scratch). As for encoding, I have my hands full... (and I don't know if my encodes are any good)

From what I've seen from your S&W encodes, you'd do just fine. You get to pick and choose what projects you do for the group as well. We haven't ever had any conflict of two encoders wanting to do the same show so far.

I have never worked for any group but I can do some typesetting & karaoke (including creating kara from scratch). As for encoding, I have my hands full... (and I don't know if my encodes are any good)

From what I've seen from your S&W encodes, you'd do just fine. You get to pick and choose what projects you do for the group as well. We haven't ever had any conflict of two encoders wanting to do the same show so far.

Thanks, but as I said I have a backlog of encodes that i started but never finished due to various reasons. The most time consuming project of mine that could use more ppl is Mirai Nikki but it would require someone skilled with Aegisub who can do motion tracking etc. That's why for now I offer my help with TS & karaoke.

I'd be willing to join the Kametsu group of encoders. It'll actually allow me to finish more encodes if I'm working with a group (encoding's the easy part, subs are the most difficult).

So I can help with either anything encoding, subs, or even with the uploading part (I can upload at around 4MB/s).

Hire me for moral support! If any of your staff needs a kick in the butt, you know where to find me.

New rule: staff must be reachable for contact via IRC~

Put me down for sourcing material. Fansub releases, BDs, DVDs, audio tracks, stuff like that. Could also provide temp storage for release purposes.

• Nekone locked this topic