Dragon Ball Xenoverse (Discussion)

J-Lord

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse_zps33e3aee4.png

Introduction:

Once again like most other times I bring to all this years new DBZ game. Unlike before this game is bring brought over to the new generation of consoles, so we will see this on PS4 and Xbox One, as well as PS3 and Xbox 360.

This years game as most do look very nice in the early stages. In terms of graphics it seems to be a mix of DBZ Burst Limits and Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle of Z's.

As for game-play, still to early to really say but seems to be a mix of Battle of Z and Raging Blast, hopefully it will allow you to have as much variety as Raging Blast and not as limited as Battle of Z.

Update: 22/10/14

233a607e3972abcd97b78adb4906f83114135699

Update: 16/7/14

Dragon Ball Xenoverse apparently is set for release in March 2015. So looks like the 1 DBZ game a year deal seems to have some fine print. We will not be seeing this game this year.

Also the game seem that it will continue in some form from the battle of Gods movie.

Quote: "Video Game Plot To Feature Manga/Anime Continuation Story Of Goku And Bills Travelling The DBZ Multiverse!"

Source: http://www.kdramasta...elease-date.htm

Who knows really guess we will have to wait and see, sadly I was hoping to see this game this year but, I guess the more time they spend on it hopefully the better it will be. Fingers Crossed.

Update: 13/7/14

Sorry for the late update, this information came out awhile ago but never got around to putting the information in this thread.

At the Japan Expo DB Xenoverse was showcased. Two battles were shown, Goku vs Vegeta and Goku vs Cell. The Goku vs Vegeta looks by far the better fight in terms of showcasing how the game will fight out while the cell fight is more of showing off certain aspects about the game.

Also a new mystery character was teased, maybe a new villain that fits in with the capsule corp mystery character:

mysterydbx_zps1ac3a8ce.png

Expo Video:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XC9BebbxWA

Update: 18/6/14

Update:

Masayuki Hirano Interview E3 2014

Quick Notes of points covered: (See Post #10 in spoiler tags)

- Game made for playing in the DBZ world not around characters

- New unknown character and level to play major role in xenoverse

- Cut-scenes for moves reduced, (eg finishers moves like spirit bomb or combo cut-scene moves) this game will take on the role of the player controlling the moves not cut scenes

- Combo system made so player can make there own combos during the battle giving more gameplay life with the game.

- At this time it is a 1 vs 1 game, They are unable to say anymore on this at this current time, so it may have more vs elements to this game like battle of Z than just 1 vs 1.

- Character roster cannot be fully details at this time, in future they will reveal more. Obviously we will see characters from saiyan saga all the way through to the buu saga. Movie and GT characters unknown at this time.

- Brazil fan base Only: Too early in development to say if this game will make it to Brazil with the correct dubbing, but keep an eye out for more information on this.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by J-Lord
  • Like 1

Kinda the same like what Activision does with COD, or what Ubisoft does with AC

Pretty much yeah.

That trailer confused me, the character at the end looked like Gohan in Super Saiyan God mode, but had future Trunks outfit on, and Picolo's cape.

Some think it is Super Saiyan God Trunks but I see a lot wrong with that theory. Main 2 reasons is the Hair, the cape and scouter. Maybe he could be wearing all those things but it makes more sense to me it will be a create a character feature.

IMO the last 'good' DBZ game was Budokai 3 (not the Tenkaichi).

Since then, every one I tried was just crap.

Do you just prefer the side screen fighting? Or all up it was a superior game?

Update:

Masayuki Hirano Interview E3 2014

Quick Notes of points covered: (See Spoilers for full video!)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZWJtHQvBiA

- Game made for playing in the DBZ world not around characters

- New unknown character and level to play major role in xenoverse

- Cut-scenes for moves reduced, (eg finishers moves like spirit bomb or combo cut-scene moves) this game will take on the role of the player controlling the moves not cut scenes

- Combo system made so player can make there own combos during the battle giving more gameplay life with the game.

- At this time it is a 1 vs 1 game, They are unable to say anymore on this at this current time, so it may have more vs elements to this game like battle of Z than just 1 vs 1.

- Character roster cannot be fully details at this time, in future they will reveal more. Obviously we will see characters from saiyan saga all the way through to the buu saga. Movie and GT characters unknown at this time.

- Brazil fan base Only: Too early in development to say if this game will make it to Brazil with the correct dubbing, but keep an eye out for more information on this.

Wow...... am I supposed to be impressed? Who knows, maybe they'll make more changes that'll make some excited.

It is way too early to really judge the game, with the latest dbz games which have seemed like disasters, I would say we will get a clearer picture near the games release. At this time though a lot is unexplained, though I do think they will fall short in some areas of the game.

All it has going for it at this time is the very nice graphics and the unknown character shown, hinting at a create a character story line or something else. I don't know how many GT fans are out there (I didn't mind GT even though it wasn't as great as Z) but I would like to see some Gt characters in this game, even if it is only SS4 Goku and Vegeta, though this is one of the areas I think they will put up short with.

I think we many only see a few popular movie characters.

I guess

Though I didn't like GT as much as Z, I don't mind if they put SS4 Goku and, or Vegeta.

I just hope they make it better than that crappy ultimate tenkaichi

Anything is better than Ultimate Tenkaichi, I just hope that this game goes to those depths....only time will tell.

I'd rather have them take three years to make a good DBZ game.

Anything after Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was awful.

Remember even though they have a contract to make a game every year, it took them 2 years to make Battle of Z and it wasn't that great a game with the time they had spent on it.

Sure it had it's good point, 4 vs 4 sounds like a thing of beauty but the game didn't play out like you would hope and half the time I found myself spamming moves as there was nothing you can do tactics wise.

Agreed

I think Battle of Z was the worst

I bought UT that is why I rate is worse than BoZ, but then again I didn't even buy BoZ I just played the demo and thought well this game isn't that great for $100.

One can only hope this year game makes up for 2+ years of disappointment.

Update:

New scan showing off the mystery characters face and also Future Trunks. This reassures me that the mystery character is indeed a created character that you will create to feature in a new future story line the feature Future Trunks, looking older than he does in the anime.

Take a look for yourselves:

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-021_zps5f41c7bb.jp