Security Issue - Admin Accounts Cracked

Koby

Well, unless the rules have been changed then there is a rule stating that advertising isn't allowed. It's fine to condone a product, but entire posts about it are normally not the best. Still, the program you mentioned seems interesting, although I would personally never use it.

Mind explaining why you would never use it?

Well, unless the rules have been changed then there is a rule stating that advertising isn't allowed. It's fine to condone a product, but entire posts about it are normally not the best. Still, the program you mentioned seems interesting, although I would personally never use it.

I like to actually know the passwords for the sites. Lets say this program becomes obsolete, and also my computer dies. There would be no way to retrieve my accounts. I know it is unlikely, but it is better if I can actually type the passwords myself. Oh, plus this way I can log in to my email and such at other locations without the program.

• Like 2

I like to actually know the passwords for the sites. Lets say this program becomes obsolete, and also my computer dies. There would be no way to retrieve my accounts. I know it is unlikely, but it is better if I can actually type the passwords myself. Oh, plus this way I can log in to my email and such at other locations without the program.

And you would save money on not paying the subscription fee for the mobile version (I know its not much, but it all adds up)

Ang3lofDarkness, I was getting at the fact that he (and many others) would have several sites with the same password... That is a security risk for both site and user, as proven by this thread.

Whether you decide to use LastPass's generator to generate a password is up to you. You could make your own strong password with whatever you decide is the best, as long as your passwords vary greatly between sites.

As for the price... $12 a year? Is that seriously something to worry about?

Actually lastpass is all cloud based

Eh, I'm not a big fan of trusting all my personal information to some random server on the other side of the country. What's to stop it from being hacked or employees there from accessing your stuff? Almost everybody and their brother is getting "compromised" these days and a site holding the keys to thousands upon thousands of user's accounts has a big red bull's eye on it.

Even the local version is vulnerable too, again what's to stop someone from making some sort of virus or spyware to exploit it to gain access to your information?

Edited by Nintendon't

Eh, I'm not a big fan of trusting all my personal information to some random server on the other side of the country. What's to stop it from being hacked or employees there from accessing your stuff? Almost everybody and their brother is getting "compromised" these days and a site holding the keys to thousands upon thousands of user's accounts has a big red bull's eye on it.

Even the local version is vulnerable too, again what's to stop someone from making some sort of virus or spyware to exploit it to gain access to your information?

I hope you're joking.

I hope you're joking.

Nothing is safe, you can trust no-one!!!! /sarcasm

Anyways, I just prefer to be able to know my own passwords. The ones I use are secure, and I have different passwords for all of my important stuff. I guess it's just personal preference.

Also I didn't even know that LastPass costed money, now another reason why I wouldn't want to get it. Must......be......frugal!

Just wanna say that I agree with what llemingllama said. I know someone who trusted such a local service an it failed on him. I like knowing my password and really won't make a habit of trusting other sites and services to it. Any who like heavenly classic clearly stated that these sites shouldn't be worried about. Btw this was probably a stunt for some hacker to initiated into a illuminate like hacker organisation. I.e the government! Also are susceptible to heart bleed?

I hope you're joking.

They've already been hit once:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/227268/lastpass_ceo_exclusive_interview.html

I don't know about da rest of u guys but if nothing happen soon am gone for good that am serious about.

What are you even talking about?

LOL! My "homie" (??) language is a bit rusty... but I think he is going to leave Kametsu if no fix is found for this 'hack' (I also use hack lightly as I don't think that this is the case, but that's just my personal opinion)

• Nekone locked this topic