Physical or Digital Media??

StaticX

Physical or Digital Media??  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Physical or Digital Media??

• Physical (DVD, Bluray)
    • Digital (DDL)

Well, I'd like to know: Do you still prefer Physical Media (a.k.a Bluray or DVDs), Or have you gone all Digital Media?

In all honesty, I still prefer physical Media, for example, If you start Direct downloading games off PSN, Xbox live, steam, ect, in the future, those services may become obsolete and then you can't access your downloads.

It depends on the media and the price. For movies and shows, I prefer physical. For games, I prefer digital. Physical copies are good, but if I can get a digital copy for half the price, then I will be much more likely to go digital.

I'm the opposite. For movies/tv shows I prefer digital but for games I'd rather have a physical copy because of bandwidth/space/drm restrictions. Some next gen games are above 20 GB! :o

• Like 1

dont physical come with digital nowadays?

anyways,i go physical

but download and watch digital anyway xD

i dont like to use discs because theyre so weak and flimsy

seriously need a better medium already.

i love the way nintendo goes cartridge on handheld.

people gotta stop with the discs .__.

so you dont take very good care of your media ?  you do konw that cartridges hold bugger all information right ?

After losing losing 3 Terabytes of manga, music, movies anime and game saves (curse you external hard drive Western Digital), Its Physical Media.  While digital media is convenient, the experience of being unable to recover media saved on a harddrive is too painful. I rip Blu Rays and DVDs  of classic Anime to reduce the chance of scratching them.

• 4 weeks later...

physical copies since I like to collect awsomeness...

Anything I Watch and from that anything I think is worth buying I get for my collection.  That would include Blu ray, dvd's (if Blu ray is not an option), and video games.  Thie only thing I prefer digital would have to be my music.  Can you believe apple doesnt let you play the music you buy or the movies/videos you purchase from iTunes on anything other than an apple product?  Can't even listen/watch it on my computer unless I have iTunes installed.  I mean what the f.....

fudge

For games it's strictly physical, I like looking at them and holding them in my hands

but when it comes to movies and anime digital all the way but if I really like the movie I'm going to the buy the physical copy as well 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well i do love how portable encodes are and how small you can fit everything into a 6th drive.  But to feel the media or manga is unravelled :)  Soon ill own all the strike witch mangas eheheheheh omg i have no life.