Doctor Who

Lantern89

i watch dr who but just the newer seres. i did watch random eps of the older series growing up but its been so long its more like a blur. Loved David tennant as the Dr but then alot of people do XD

I dont like the new dr because i notice that every now and again he tries to act like tennant and hes nowhere near that level. Where david tennants series was serious but had comedy in it aswell i find matt smiths is all just comedy and i liked some of the darker episodes of the past

SPOILER ALERT:

On a side note, has everyone heard that Amy and Rory will be leaving about episode 5 of the next coming series?

Spoilers ahoy, I guess?

I have heard that. I also heard that they'll be leaving in such a way that it will be impossible for them to return. I try not to get into too many spoilery details, because I like to be surprised when watching things. However, I have seen discussions about the possibility of them encountering Weeping Angels. We know that they'll be back this season, but will Rory and Amy beat them again? We'll see!

Also, I've seen pictures of the new companion, and she looks like she's 12 years old. I don't know anything about her, but that kind of threw me, haha.

Yes they mentioned it awhile back that Amy and Rory would be leaving in a very upsetting way.

The new woman though is a girl who used to be in a UK soap opera called Emerdale. She was in Captiain America the movie aswell for a few minutes at the beginning. cant remember if he actually got to say anything though ;P

I hadn't heard about that. Actually I wasn't even sure if another season would be airing this Summer or not. Haven't seen any news about it. I'd be a little sad if Amy is gone for good, I really liked her, but Rory.... I didn't care for. I didn't like Matt Smith at first but he's half way decent now, though I'd kind of like to see him replaced. Anyone think there is any chance of that Tenant half-Doctor who ended up in a different dimension of ever making a return?

• 2 months later...

The only bad thing about Doctor Who is how the BBC keep using it as a reason to charge us rubbish TV licence fees. Doctor who and Sherlock, we get about 10 episodes of Doctor Who per year and 3 of Sherlock, hardly worth paying over £100 for!

Though I do love Doctor Who :D David Tennant used to be my favourite, but now he is on those terrible Virgin adverts I don't like him so much. Matt Smith is pretty good, I hope he lasts many more series!

Anyone think there is any chance of that Tenant half-Doctor who ended up in a different dimension of ever making a return?

With the 50th anniversary coming up, it's hard to say what might happen. After all, this is a show where anything could happen in the first place, haha. Honestly, the character I'd like most to return is definitely Jack Harkness.

On a side note, I'm going to rewatch season one, because I miss Christopher Eccleston. You never forget your first Doctor. =)

Edited by poetictragedy

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed seasons one and two of Torchwood better than Doctor Who. At least compared to the Doctor Who seasons with Matt Smith. David Tenant is my favorite Doctor. =p

I'm only on the 9th episode of Season 2 but I gotta admit that the series used to be so-so to me till David Tennant arrived. I mean, the guy before him was good and all but he really didn't have that bad-ass intimidating sort of aura and presence that Tennant showed in his very first episode - The Christmas Invasion.

I mean, he practically stole the show in the last 20 minutes and some of the story arcs he's been involved in have been far more emotional and deep than Season 1. He just keeps getting more and more appealing in each episode so yeah, it's gonna be real hard to trump his performance but I'll wait till Matt Smith arrives and see for myself when that happens.

I've seen majority of the new Doctor Who and the first season of Torchwood. Both are pretty good and I have to agree that David Tennant has been the best doctor so far in the new one, I was disappointed when they changed it to the new doctor who I really don't like.

Torchwood wasn't that much of a let down, I enjoyed it for the most part