What kind of nerd are you?

ParasiteEve

I look at you, you fall down, that's what kind of nerd I am.

I say things that don't make sense. That's what kind of nerd I am.

I make the cake stop being a lie. That's what kind of nerd I am.

I'll stop talking...

...That's what kind of nerd I am.

Edit: I edit my posts to correct errors, that's what kind of nerd I am.

Edit2: I fail at editing my posts the first time so I have to correct them again, that what kind of nerd I am

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't believe I am very smart. I'm just clever at times perhaps.
Nah, you are. At least, though your posts you seem so.

Back to the topic, the last I heard, the term "Otaku" (オタク) meant a geek or nerd. That had my mind running. Anyways, I'm sorta half-otaku – I watch Anime, and stuff. I'm quite decent at studies, so I'd not exactly call myself a nerd 'cause I don't spend all my tine studying or so. I like video games but I'm not like Keima. I hate mathematics, but I sorta like Cosmology and Biology; not a nerd here, too.

Conclusion: Eh, I dunno.

Nah, you are. At least, though your posts you seem so.

Back to the topic, the last I heard, the term "Otaku" (オタク) meant a geek or nerd. That had my mind running. Anyways, I'm sorta half-otaku – I watch Anime, and stuff. I'm quite decent at studies, so I'd not exactly call myself a nerd 'cause I don't spend all my tine studying or so. I like video games but I'm not like Keima. I hate mathematics, but I sorta like Cosmology and Biology; not a nerd here, too.

Conclusion: Eh, I dunno.

You've got the term completely wrong. Otaku is an insulting word.

Otaku is actually an insult for someone who is obsessive over a specific hobby. So much so that they stay at home only doing that hobby. It's just slowly morphed into a word that means someone obsessed with anime because of cultural changes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=otaku

It hasn't morphed. Only people mistake the original Japanese meaning. In Japan the meaning has always been a very bad insult, but to the rest of the world they celebrate Otaku as being something good. It's more or less insulting to the Japanese language that it's continued to be misused.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say I'm an all around nerd/geek. I love to learn, but I hate school work. I'm new to anime, but so far I love it. I love movies (old and new) and I like making movies. I love books, I love super heroes and comic books, I love film scores and can guess a song within one note as long as I've heard it at least one time. I love creative writing, and a little bit of objective writing. I'm just starting to get into video games, but so far I love those as well. I like star trek, star wars, etc. I love art. I'm pretty much an all around new/geek like I said before. Oh, and I love the language of the elves from The Lord of the Rings.

• 1 month later...
this is gaming for nerd and one who never admits defeat to any game! hahahaha xD

Even to those hentai, dating sim, visual novel, girl capturing games? LOL

Ok seriously, I guess you can say I'm a technology nerd, mostly focus on computers but I do know a lot about other things as well. Also quite good at fixing and servicing my car, also know how to do a few modifications.

Edit:

Wow my 250th post on saying some random crap. LOL

Even to those hentai, dating sim, visual novel, girl capturing games? LOL

Especially those VN games LMAO.

And what makes a nerd is the same is asking what makes a famous person, a smart person etc. It's all subjective and based on perspectives that an individual makes based on environmental factors (social perspective) etc.

I am the ultimate nerd! THE NERD OF EVERYTHING.

Well, not everything, but almost everything.

I'm a stat junkie, a sports freak, a video game nerd, a book nerd, a anime nerd, a manga nerd, a movie nerd, a tv nerd, a phone nerd, a tablet nerd, a computer nerd, a processor nerd, a takeshit and put it back together nerd, a program nerd, a mod nerd, comic book nerd, history nerd, war buff, cartoon nerd, toy collector nerd, RP nerd(though I don't LARP...well not anymore.)

Yeah, there's probablt more in there that I am but I can't recall right now.