Sign in to follow this  
Virtue

anyone heard of BABYMETAL?

So theres this band called BABYMETAL, and I think I've just come across the greatest thing on Earth. What happens when you cross death metal with chirpy j-pop? Well, take a listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uA_Ff4GQrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IzR_ClTE8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3NMZAUKGw

It works surprisingly well no? the 3 girls are absolutely adorable an the riffs are crushingly heavy (if you like metal that is).

Well, they do sound pretty good. However, I'm going to correct you here. They are a cross between J-rock and alternative metal. Not close to death metal, you can clearly hear the individual notes and that they were saying words. Anyways, thanks for posting them. They were pretty fun to listen to.

Yeah, I've heard of them.

This would probably start something, but I wouldn't call this either j-rock or alt metal, or a mixture, but I'd say it's some dodgey Euro Power Metal interpretation.

*cough* just like a lot of Japanese metal music is a ripoff of European music.

The Megitsune song was disgustingly mixed - the drums sound terrible.

well the first song baby metal death and a few others on the album have some death-style vocals (by the backing band), and in terms of style....theyres a lot of influences going on on the album, trust me, theres a song with a rap(!) section that leads to a crushing death metal/metalcore style breakdown, a song that has a reggae section, and the rest is pretty much thrash guitars and blast beats. Go listen to a few of the other songs, theres a lot of thrash/death influences in the backing band. 

Mami and Yuri are cute. Hehe. But you mislabeled the first video wrong. On the album it's spelled "Haedbangeeeeeeeer!" lol. I thought the video was funny when she was headbanging. I've never seen a japanese headbang before or do the grunting like american heavymetal bands.

I like Yuri and her cute pigtails. Hehe. Who's your favorite. I can't remember the third girl's name. lol.

EDIT:

lol I messed up. Her name isn't Yuri, it's Yui. My bad.

Edited by SoultakerSpirit

Moametal is the cutest :) but Su has one decent set of pipes! man can she sing! and just think shes only 15...give her a few more years and she'll be able to belt out some huge power metal-esque notes!

I thought they looked like they're teenagers, lol. I'm more into the pigtails and schoolgirl look. lol. I don't know why, but for some reason the japanese women can pull off the pigtails look better, or should I say twintails since that's what they call it over there.