@PLGF: Wow, such an in-depth critique! I guess I didn't really consider the speed, and just arbitrarily chose some numbers. I thought it looked okay, but now that you mention it... I chose smaller intervals and re-uploaded it as my avatar, so hopefully that's a little better?

@Verity: I'm not very familiar with the dodge and burn tools, so I don't mess with them much, but I suppose I should start, haha. I've heard that lighting trick before, but never could get it to look right. I'll give it another go next time though!

Thanks for the comments, everybody~

Edited by poetictragedy

Yeah I don't realy know how to use most of the blends...most of mine it do to luck.  The only ones I really am good at using is Overlay, Soft Light, and Hard Mix.  The rest just happens when it happens.  LOL!  I always like your work Poe.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How could i miss that... im sorry, this comes so late. rl keeps me busy...

What did you tried to achieve?

And why are frame 8 & 9 the same? Pay attention to the last part of the animation... It looks like there is a break. I would delete frame 9. Maybe thats the part youre not happy with.

I also would increase the speed a tiny bit.

Over all, it looks neat. I like it.

• 2 months later...

Gotta say poe you're really good, I love your current avatar, I might have to make a request from you for one sometime! :D I just love how she looks x3.

I also see you've met one of my buddies on another forum (The Welsh Paddy) cause I recall the Deadpool Sig you did.

Your Text and Effects are really spot on for most of these.

Personally I like these the best.

fYnFs.png Love the pop out, you did her perfectly :D

31W13.jpg Loved the blur effects and background, it was a really nice blending.

llf7o.jpg love the background and blending in this one, and I like how you did the bar & text for the sig looks very professionally done.

z9LAc.jpg Can't say much its pretty much perfect :3

p2QDT.jpg Loved the border in this one I'ma have to steal this style for something sometime ;D!

Just a tip for ones like this sotw91.png if you're using photoshop try to get a black lined border around the outside of the render if possible I forgot the name of the tool but it pretty much adds a border to the render at the bottom of the options in Render Options, you can tone down the opacity to help it blend or make it a solid line for comic effect.

All in all you're a really good graphic artist aside from the one flaw in the spidey one your work's perfect :3 keep up the great work, I look forward to your new stuff in the future ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if you're using photoshop try to get a black lined border around the outside of the render if possible I forgot the name of the tool but it pretty much adds a border to the render at the bottom of the options in Render Options, you can tone down the opacity to help it blend or make it a solid line for comic effect.

All in all you're a really good graphic artist aside from the one flaw in the spidey one your work's perfect :3 keep up the great work, I look forward to your new stuff in the future ^_^

That's probably the stroke option. I use that all the time for borders, but I didn't think to use it on the render in this case. I'll have to try that next time.

Ah, thanks so much~

I haven't made anything in a while, so I thought I'd try something completely different, haha. I played around with animation a little more.

j0bb7UD.gif

And tried another blinking avatar. I tried to follow PLGF's suggestions a little more.

uM6UR1F.gif

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 2

They both look reaaaaally good! :x I'm jealous, I think you have a knack for animation.
I like how you have a discrete popout effect on the ava too. Looks really neat. :3

Is there any reason why your current avatar isn't blinking, but the one in your thread is?  Just noticed your post in 'features' thread.
But, again, reaaaally cool work!

Edited by Breathless

Is there any reason why your current avatar isn't blinking, but the one in your thread is?  Just noticed your post in 'features' thread.

Yeah, the black and white avatar I had before was still working, but when I changed it, it wouldn't animate. Maybe somebody changed the rules.

p2QDT.jpg Loved the border in this one I'ma have to steal this style for something sometime ;D!

I completely forgot about this border style! I made a second version of my Syo signature with it. :3

c7hJPT7.gif

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Superb work as always. I do really need to get you to make me one of these at some point. Anyways, on to CnC.

Momo and Nana - Looks great, nothing I would want to change.

Second one (I dont recognize the character) - Render is a little blurry. One thing that you could do to relove this is to not use really clean text like the text in "I only ever...".

Levi - Great banner. Only thing that bugged me was the layer with the diagonal bars, if the bars were faded slightly then I think the banner would look better.

Either way, great work on these and I would love to see more.

Second one (I dont recognize the character) - Render is a little blurry. One thing that you could do to relove this is to not use really clean text like the text in "I only ever...".

Levi - Great banner. Only thing that bugged me was the layer with the diagonal bars, if the bars were faded slightly then I think the banner would look better.

Either way, great work on these and I would love to see more.

The second one is Gareki from Karneval. I hadn't thought to use a different font, I'll keep that in mind.

Banner - I was kind of trying to portray motion with the scanlines, but yeah, they did end up a little too prominent, whoops.

Thanks for commenting!

• 3 weeks later...