Battlefield vs. Call Of Duty

LimitLess

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I'm going to be "that" guy and say all the new FPS are crappy. CoD 4 and Bad Company were both really fun to play, their sequels were good improvements, and then everything past that has been lower in quality. I'd play Bad Company 2 any day so I guess Battlefield

I'm not much of a shooter guy (not a fan), which is probably why the only FPS I enjoy is Halo.

I really like Halo for it's fun multiplayer (I've always thought it was just the most refined and perfected) but aside from Reach and to a lesser degree ODST I've always thought it had a shitty story.

The first Halo game had the best campaign. Pretty much Master Chief always gets the crappy stories.

Edited by Rockman X

I really like Halo for it's fun multiplayer (I've always thought it was just the most refined and perfected) but aside from Reach and to a lesser degree ODST I've always thought it had a shitty story.

I admit I'm adequate at multiplayer, but I love Halo because of its lore. Frankly, I can understand if some people, including fans, don't like the recent games for [insert reasons here]. So, what? Even if it all ended at Halo 3, and having expanded universe only through other media outlets like novels, comics, etc, would that be fine?

No see I'm talking about the original story, 1-3. 4 is bad for separate reasons lol! Halo just has weak lore in my opinion. I know it's super detailed and they have a Halo bible and it has a hardcore fanbase, but it's famous for its multiplayer, not its compelling story or character creation. More details doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be better. In Halo you can read about the history of pretty much anything in the game and the expanded universe surely has a lot going for it, but the core story (i.e. the one everyone actually plays) is just kind of B grade. I say that with love, the same way I say Star Wars is a poorly written mess. And we all saw what happened to that expanded universe when push came to shove lol

No see I'm talking about the original story, 1-3. 4 is bad for separate reasons lol! Halo just has weak lore in my opinion. I know it's super detailed and they have a Halo bible and it has a hardcore fanbase, but it's famous for its multiplayer, not its compelling story or character creation. More details doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be better. In Halo you can read about the history of pretty much anything in the game and the expanded universe surely has a lot going for it, but the core story (i.e. the one everyone actually plays) is just kind of B grade. I say that with love, the same way I say Star Wars is a poorly written mess. And we all saw what happened to that expanded universe when push came to shove lol

Uh huh. So what's your gripe with 4? The multiplayer, like everyone else? Have you played Wars, ODST, Reach, or Spartan Assault if it was so bad or want something new? And do you think the upcoming Master Chief Collection is a total waste of time, money, and resources as well? The list will go on, I'm sure. I won't try to change anyone's minds.

Uh huh. So what's your gripe with 4? The multiplayer, like everyone else? Have you played Wars, ODST, Reach, or Spartan Assault if it was so bad or want something new? And do you think the upcoming Master Chief Collection is a total waste of time, money, and resources as well? The list will go on, I'm sure. I won't try to change anyone's minds.

Did you read what I said earlier lol? I said I liked Reach and ODST. My problem with 4 is the story, it rambles all over the place and it uses Cortana to distract you from the fact that the overarching plot doesn't make any sense.  As for Wars I thought it was a fun experiment and I haven't played Spartan Assault because l don't feel like it. I feel the same way about the Master Chief Collection as I feel about all the other remakes. The list won't go on because you should really learn how to read lmao