hey you guys i need some help!!!!

ninjakhaos

I'm actually offended to an unbelievable degree that even just one of you assumed that Sailor Moon was/ever will be an ecchi series because it has not nor ever will be about showing of sailor seshi goods to the perverse individual who would assume that a magical girl series so clearly targeted towards a female audience. To suggest such a thing is an atrocious misrepresentation to the series.

And by the way, I suggested against the dub because it fucks with the plot of the series and one of the seasons wasn't even dubbed because of the Starlights who disguise themselves as men then turn into women when they transform.

EDIT: I usually ignore the rampant sexism in threads like this, but more and more girls are getting into traditionally male dominated fandoms such as comics so y'all really need to stop assuming that every girl who isn't into anime should watch childish or hyper girly series. It's both rude as hell and very assumptive that every girl will be drawn to reverse harem or bishounen animes as well.

Edited by Pinkie Pie

I'm actually offended to an unbelievable degree that even just one of you assumed that Sailor Moon was/ever will be an ecchi series because it has not nor ever will be about showing of sailor seshi goods to the perverse individual who would assume that a magical girl series so clearly targeted towards a female audience. To suggest such a thing is an atrocious misrepresentation to the series.

And by the way, I suggested against the dub because it fucks with the plot of the series and one of the seasons wasn't even dubbed because of the Starlights who disguise themselves as men then turn into women when they transform.

EDIT: I usually ignore the rampant sexism in threads like this, but more and more girls are getting into traditionally male dominated fandoms such as comics so y'all really need to stop assuming that every girl who isn't into anime should watch childish or hyper girly series. It's both rude as hell and very assumptive that every girl will be drawn to reverse harem or bishounen animes as well.

I apologize for that misconception (Sailor Moon rumor) and have further edited my post to remove it and avoid further harm. I wish I understood where you were coming from on this as a lot of things here have apparently offended you. As a guy and looking back over the thread I can safely say that it was all unintentional and that no one was trying to be sexist or misogynistic, and that all recommendations were made in honest sincerity. With that said, please also be understanding of us guys. To us, women are total mysteries and no two are the same, to make any suggestion here can be a bit scary with all the unknowns and being further called out can be kinda hurtful (especially since being a girl you understand everything we don't, and a mans pride can be a delicate thing). There are many suggestions here I personally disagree with, some I think would be disastrous even, but then others may feel the same about my own suggestions.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone posting here is putting their own thoughts and opinions out there, lets try to keep this section as a safe environment where people feel comfortable expressing their thoughts without fear of ridicule. We don't mean to be insensitive and by all means point out when we are, but please be gentle when doing so. And again, I apologize for offending you.

Edited by Mordeth_Kai
  • Like 1

Something that anyone can get into

I would say Tiger and Bunny and Arakawa Under The Bridge, just to get her interested in anime first, she doesn't have to start out full main stream otaku just yet.

It is somthing you can understant and enjoy and not be thinking that you are watching a little kids show, if you are not firmilliar to anime and it's genre and history.

• 3 weeks later...

Clannad is an great romance and emotionally anime! She might like that.  Its about a delinquent high schooler who hates his life and just lives day to day, Than one day he see this girl talking to herself and tells her something and than walks off not thinking twice, But later on they meet the sameday during lunch break and get to know each other a bit better and she wants to start the drama club so decides to try and help her with that.

In the process the two of them create a beautiful bond and fall in love with each other! 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It really depends on what kind of shows she normally  watch. If I had to make a blind guess, I would say Steins;gate based on my history of blind recommendations. It's not bad for introducing elements of anime (and Japanese culture) without being too "in your face" about it. Plus the first half is reminiscent of slice of life so it'll help you get a good grasp of what she'll enjoy.