New User Flow

Astral_Goddess

I'm a new user too, dunno why I'm starting this topic but...

For the older members, what do you think will come of the new user flow that's coming in from the other forum(s)? (I dunno if it's more than one since I came in through web searching)

It sure will be fun to see the forums active for a little while. I looked around and the forums sure looked pretty inactive for the most part before these new users started flowing in. Will it return to being inactive after the merging? How long might that take?

I don't really know where I'm going with this, I just felt like there should be a discussion on ideas for the flow of new users and how the forums might/will be different with a much larger active userbase.

I'm excited for there to be more people. I typically go through all the new posts since I last logged on and reply if there are any interesting. With more users, this also means that I can be more active. I dont really think that there will be a downside to having more people around, I'm sure I will get to know the regulars and since the post limit is dropped then there wont be spam any more.

alot of the deadness was caused because of the megaupload incident also there was a period of time when we got hit HARD by a series of host migrations due to varying issues now that we've settled on a decent host and am now stable i dont see us slowing down all that much so long as people make an attempt to keep conversations going

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new to. More than likely i'll be a regular :) I was a member on another forum for roughly 8 years on and off. But, it got boring and inactive and lacked posts/threads and staff involvement. So, i found a new place.... Here.

One thing i noticed about here, when i made my intro thread, people weren't very welcoming. I think i got only a few responses. It would be good if more members frequented and said hello/welcome in the intro threads.