15 Posts Requirement Lowered

Koby

As a recent refugee from C-W, I certainly appreciate it.   I tend to lurk and PM more than post so 15 posts would take me a while, I suspect.

Thanks for providing us refugees a home.

So if a new member just posts a "Thank you" post to Koby here, you will have achieved the previous 15 post requirement in a few seconds :P

*points out the obvious* 

Obviously, but it relieves staff of the duties of suspending users all the time for making 15 thank you posts randomly...

Plus we have a lot of people likely coming from CW who aren't use to such a rule and likely had 100s of posts there and suddenly have to earn their way back in is just mean to them. They're already having to come to a new forum and start over as is despite all they may have contributed at their old home.

I've seen the 1 post rule work fine at another forum, sure it means less posts, but if it's just crap posts we have to shovel through; then whats the point in the first place? Maybe 1 to 2 users legit-ly used the system correctly out of every 10 that registered.. so a big part of the day for staff was spent downgrading and suspending people and that just seemed like wasted effort and time.

It seems that most people from c-w are here . I was trying to make a new account and it said that I already have an account here didnt even remember when I made it but I guess I will use it. Thanks for the 1 post requirements it makes thing easy for us, since all of our previous post in c-w cant be moved . Well anyways thanks for having us here.

This does help all you C-W people who are coming here to Kametsu.  Its so nice to see so many new faces here and to see the activity here rise with the merger.  I can understand why he lowered the post count...makes it easier for the C-W people to merge into the Kametsu community.