help

sasuke chan

im keeping the snake, i can handle her just fine....

I didn't mean to make it seem as if you couldn't handle it, but that the snake itself may not be able to handle the continued stress of being a pet. IMO there are some wild animals that just don't make good pets, and I consider snakes to be on that list. Every animal is different though, if you can pick the snake up easily without it putting up much of a fuss than it will probably be fine.

It feels like every day I see a post on Tumblr about how people are improperly caring for animals. There was a video/set of GIFs going around of a person rubbing an uromastyx's belly as it flailed its arms around. The reaction--flipping onto its back and flapping its arms at the finger touching it--is apparently one of submission and a plea not to be touched. 'Course, everyone else thought it was just the cutest thing.

I've seen similar posts for most every animal, from fish to dogs. Fish especially seem not to be well cared for.

I think you ought think on how well you are able to care for this snake. And it's not a slam against you; I wouldn't keep an animal I'm unable to identify on my own, personally, because if I didn't even know what it was, what else don't I know about it? (everything)

Have you previous experience with raising snakes?

• 2 weeks later...