Favorite Anime Character Who Shouldn't Have Died

idl12

i don't get why people are so upset over jiraiya's death.

i mean , i saw it coming the moment he said good-bye to tsunade. i mean, it's classic shonen style, people!

besides, if he hadn't died, naruto would never have come as far as he have. achieving sage mode, taming the kyuubi, etc.

personally, i dont mind when a character dies in order to develop character for other people.

it DOES piss me off when they decide to kill someone off just for the heck of it to make people sad, like they did at the end of gurren lagann, killing of almost half the team, just so we can feel sorry for them. THAT was totally uncalled for.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But.."sniff" Kamina sure did anyways, I've got some new additions to my list,

1. Light Yagami- I don't care what people say, I really wanted him to win, he totally owned L and should have done the same to Near...

2.Greed-Fma brotherhood for obvious reasons

3.Havoc from Darker than Black, it's a death I can appreciate but it was so unfair.

4. Chrono and Rosette from, Chrono Crusade I prefer not to even talk about this one.

5.Finally, I just plain wished that Fate/stay night ended differently, period.(great ending by the way)

and why did Lockon have to die?! kamina was developing into one of my faves i almost completely agree idl O_O

• 2 months later...

Well, since this Topic has been revived, I'll add Wong, Mao, November 11th, Amber and Amagiri from Darker than Black to my list, I felt like I was watching the godfather all over again here since they managed to succesfully kill of all of my favorite characters except Hei.

I don't read the Manga but from what I hear in the Death Note Manga L actually beat Light before dying similar to the Live Action movies. I may be wrong on that, but if it's true I'd love to see a remake following the manga exactly or at least an OVA or Movie covering the differences.

I don't read the Manga but from what I hear in the Death Note Manga L actually beat Light before dying similar to the Live Action movies. I may be wrong on that, but if it's true I'd love to see a remake following the manga exactly or at least an OVA or Movie covering the differences.

no, even in the manga, L was killed off cuz the female Shinigami wrote his name in it.

From what i've read, the one of the few differences is that while in the anime, Light escapes deeply wounded and Ryuk, seeing that he has lost and the game is over, writes down his name and kills him off; while in the manga, the ending was similar to the movie, with Light turning to Ryuk to help and telling him to write the names of everyone in the room. Ryuk only writes Light's name and kills him.

Hughes of course, that neck slice should have bought him enough time to at least escape!

Gretel (Black Lagoon) - She had so much potential for an entire story arc, what better addition to the crew than a homicidal kid that can snipe?!? Plus, I think revy would have really changed with her around, either more agressive -or more motherly, forming the complete dysfunctional family on board.

Wrath (FMA,shamballa)

He had turned good, he had gotten automail, he had so much more potential to fight alongside al.

He probably could have forged through the gate himself, meaning a probably more epic fight to get ed back.

Wins best sacrifice award hands down, anchored to the ground while being eaten, just to know that your actions are both saving a person you care about and redeeming yourself with them, and also the fact that your common enemy is about to get dismantled at the atomic level.

He had turned good, he had gotten automail, he had so much more potential to fight alongside al.

He probably could have forged through the gate himself, meaning a probably more epic fight to get ed back.

what are you talking about? he was killed off by Scar when he was highly wounded and got distracted by a beam of sunlight.

• 2 weeks later...