Something more adult...

I couldn't help but notice no one mentioned Elfen Lied, if you haven't watched it yet you need to. I would also throw in Baccano as it has lots of blood action and gore as well as a great story, but it bounces back and forth between 3 time periods which confuses most people the first time they watch it, but it is an awesome series (if you like it, try Durarara which is more linear in story telling and done by the same guy, but its not as adult).

Let me second Gantz, if you want blood, action, nudity, and a really f*d up story, you should watch it, and judging by your lineup I'd say its right up your alley, but then so is Elfen Lied and Baccano. Someone mentioned Basilisk, I'd second that as well, though it is pretty serious and a little depressing, but meets all your requirements of adult content and story.

Now outside of the action emphasis, if you just want lots of nudity with well done comedy, check out Girls Bravo. If you make it past the first episode, your in for a real treat. If you like that, check out B-Gata H-Kei (also known as yamada's first time), a little lacking in the adult content but its all adult humor, its about a girl who desperately wants to lose her virginity and the poor sod she tortures to this end.

Yeah I watched Elfen Lied a while back (First time I watched nudity in an anime..creeped the bejesus out of me :P )..definitely was an awesome show and I've been eying Baccano for a while now..I'll give that hit too.

I'm really liking your description of Gantz even though that kind of preference in an anime makes me look like a sadist/sociopath...I'll give that a hit as well

I watched Girls Bravo after watching Heaven's Lost Property..Both epicly funny, laugh out loud shows :D I'll add B-Gata H-Kei to the list

• 1 month later...

I couldn't help but notice no one mentioned Elfen Lied, if you haven't watched it yet you need to. I would also throw in Baccano as it has lots of blood action and gore as well as a great story, but it bounces back and forth between 3 time periods which confuses most people the first time they watch it, but it is an awesome series (if you like it, try Durarara which is more linear in story telling and done by the same guy, but its not as adult).

Let me second Gantz, if you want blood, action, nudity, and a really f*d up story, you should watch it, and judging by your lineup I'd say its right up your alley, but then so is Elfen Lied and Baccano. Someone mentioned Basilisk, I'd second that as well, though it is pretty serious and a little depressing, but meets all your requirements of adult content and story.

Now outside of the action emphasis, if you just want lots of nudity with well done comedy, check out Girls Bravo. If you make it past the first episode, your in for a real treat. If you like that, check out B-Gata H-Kei (also known as yamada's first time), a little lacking in the adult content but its all adult humor, its about a girl who desperately wants to lose her virginity and the poor sod she tortures to this end.

Yeah I watched Elfen Lied a while back (First time I watched nudity in an anime..creeped the bejesus out of me :P )..definitely was an awesome show and I've been eying Baccano for a while now..I'll give that hit too.

I'm really liking your description of Gantz even though that kind of preference in an anime makes me look like a sadist/sociopath...I'll give that a hit as well

I watched Girls Bravo after watching Heaven's Lost Property..Both epicly funny, laugh out loud shows :D I'll add B-Gata H-Kei to the list

Well, nothing wrong with a healthy dose of sadism ^_^ Since you liked Girls Bravo, I should throw in Sekirei, its an action/harem with a decent amount of nudity, though lacking in the blood and gore department, been a while since I watched it but I remember it being a combination of action and pervy moments. Hyakka Ryouran has a reasonable amount of nudity and makes you think its an action series but its really harem in disguise which is a waste of its dark and epic art style, story sucks but worth checking out the first episode at least.  I've been hearing good things about Heavens Lost Property, I should check it out.

If you like harem anime, the original tenchi series is a must, decent amount of action with occasional nudity, kinda dated now though, but it is a classic.

• Like 2

Mature anime that i would recommend. Darker than black 1 and 2.

Claymore

deadman wonderland.

Jojos bizarre adventure. Only parts one and two out in anime form but part three will start in august plus there was the old                                                              OVA version of part three that cut a lot out from the comic.

Hellsing ultimate. Old Hellsing was OK bit did not follow the manga after a certain point.

Psycho pass.

Black butler 1 and 2. After a few vols worth the first is different to the manga and part 2 is an original story for anime.

Black lagoon. Series 1, 2 and the 6 part OVA.

Cowboy bebop. 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys :) So first off, just wanted to thank everyone who has provided suggestions. Wanted to let you all know that I do still read the thread from time to time and consider all of your suggestions. I haven't done any replying coz I'm finishing up my final year of university so work has kept me going. Once my exams are finished, you'll see alot more of me :D 

I meant to give a full list of everything I've seen so far a while back so you got a better idea of the kinds of stuff I've been watching and what I'm looking for...So while Im here.. :D

Akuma no Riddle (currently watching)

Black Bullet (currently watching)

Black Lagoon

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

BTOOOM

Canaan

Claymore

Code Geass Akito the Exiled

Code Geass R1

Code Geass R2

Darker than Black

Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor

Deadman Wonderland

Deathnote

Devil May Cry

Elfen Lied

Fate Zero

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Ga-Rei Zero

Ghost in the Shell SAC

Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG

Guilty Crown

Hellsing Ultimate

Mahouka (currently watching)

Mirai Nikki

Psycho-Pass

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Soul Eater

Steins Gate

Sword Art Online

Trinity Blood

Valkyria Chronicles

Zetman

Once uni is finished in the next couple of weeks, I'll really get back into my anime and do a thorough sift through all your suggestions. Cheers again guys for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Must add a reinforce-plug for GANTZ. Gantz is one of my all-time faves and keeps putting twists on what you expect to see / characters to do... very harsh at times (don't get too attached to some characters) And read the Gantz manga for (lots of) story continuation.... (like so many anime it is only a cross section of the larger story)

Also will add seconds+ for Welcome to the NHK (f**kin hilarious) and Samurai Champloo (awesome samurai swordfight / complex freindship anime)

And Stop Whatever Else You Are Doing In Your Life And Watch BERSERK! (original 25 eps. much preferred, new movies ok) NOW! Do it! Please! God!