Halo vs Modern Warfare 2

S3nse

I've only played Modern Warfare 2 myself (on PC), so I cannot speak for both sides, but here are my thoughts.

This game is really a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I'm currently at prestige 6 rank 70, have been for a few weeks. I've had times where I'm just having a great time, doing well is obviously part of it. But there are times where I just regret buying the game. Luckily, the good outweighs the bad.

You'll generally be able to get a few games going where everything is running fine, but as people often say, some "features" need to be fixed. Hackers, although not as abundant as you'll be lead to believe, they still do pop up every now and again and will ruin the game for you. Certain perks can be very frustrating to be on the recieving end of, such as Commando or Danger Close + One Man Army. Teleporting knifers shouldn't exist and neither should unlimited room-clearing explosives. IWNet's peer-to-peer connection system is simply not as good as dedicated servers. It is quite common to find a horrible host where none of your shots register or you just rubberband everywhere.

The competetive scene for MW2 is rather dull. I myself was a part of it for a few weeks, but decided not to continue with it. There are only a few weapons you will see even used most of the time; ACR, FAMAS, Scar-H. All three are assault rifles. Occasionally you may see someone using the UMP-45, but the point remains the same. There are only a few weapons worth using most of the time. The obviously overpowered weapons are banned from competitive games, along with perks. The most balanced environment possible is created, yet it is still just doesn't feel right.

I say overall the game is a good one and I did get my money's worth for the game. That said, the DLC is not worth its weight in gold. $15 for 3 new maps and 2 re-hashed maps is terrible. Get the game if you like Call of Duty, but don't bother with the DLC.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic