What we can learn from anime?

lily yonng

On 7/1/2013 at 2:40 AM, shadowtheman said:

................Wow.   Some of this stuff you all said is just out there.  I don't know who to quote.  So I have to ask is how anime taught you such things. 

How did anime teach you that humans are all evil things.  Its fiction.

How does anime prov what Japan is like once again its fiction. 

I'm not trying to be a dick I just noticed that these things are oddly specific so i'm curious how you came to these conclusions.  

Other wise I see anime as more of a door way not any thing else.  It can introduce another culture and due to the fact they live differently even ideas.  How ever after that I don't think anime is a good indicator of how any one in Japan lives there lives. 

Its a good way to broaden your individual horizons as it introduces something new yet media from almost any culture can do that.  The reason why anime is more prolific than lets say German's version of the times is fact that In Japan there more dedicated to there work.  Like those who create manga or anime.  

im sory  let me try to explain humans are one of the biggest monsters.im not saying there are not good people in the world but from the things we do to hurt others.anime captures the ugly thoughts and ways of how some people murder others betray each other and what they really think of others.im sorry if you still dont understand but im glad that anime dont sugar coat things that happerns in society like murder rape jealously hate and anger etc believe me with the kind of crimes that happens in my country most humans are real monsters

Edited by hack5

• 3 weeks later...

Q: What we can learn from anime?

A: Well, from my point of view, what I had learned from anime were first, their language.. as far as I know, learning japanese is far too difficult to perceive. so, anime is a big help for me (or to us) to understand the basic use of their mother tongue.. second, the story -- why? simply because the story that was produced didn't just come out off from the creator's mind/imagination.. there are a lot of anime's that was engaged in everyday life (ex. cooking, baking, sports, politics) or circling based from their own experience or rather, take it to the next level such as FMA <- used science as their main source of power., SlamDunk <- reality based character..so on and so forth.. and third, the reality.. the fact that it is an "anime" doesn't mean that it doesn't affect the "one" that once read or watched an anime/manga, right? 

so, there goes my answer.. sorry if it is too long..

and for some reason, I forgot to include the japanese culture*

Edited by 7Sins

• 4 months later...

well, by watching japanese dubbed anime with english subtitles enough, we all learn a couple japanese words here and there, and get used to their pronouciations.

If your talking about the actual animation in general, we learn from anime that 2d animation absolutely trumps 3d in every way, and communities like this as well as the fanbase, prove this. The fact that anime has persisted all this time and continues to be in 2d despite the advances in technology and 3d animation software show how impressive 2d animation is as a form of storytelling.

Personally, I've learned that the internet anime community is absolutely amazing in its depth and scope. The concept of "by fans, for fans" is the most selfless thing I've learned. The fact that so many people take time from their daily lives to translate, edit, sync and subtitle anime for the rest of us to consume to just amazing. Sure, there's a grey line with fansubbing in general, but it doesn't take away from the fabulous work that the internet community does.

Because everyone has said all the deep, meaningful, logical things already...
I'm just going to go with....
I learned how shallow reality is. The fact that watching a single animated series can instigate over a year's worth of emotions from me says a lot about the real world. Or at least how I perceive/interact with it. 

Edited by RabbitBones

I learned a lot from anime. I started watching it when I was 5 years old and I have to say anime is very different from cartoons. Anime can actually teach you have to be a decent person. I find that most of the Otakus or anime peeps are very nice and caring people. I also know a lot of them share the same things with main characters of an anime. Like for me I was pretty much like Naruto growing up. He was isolated because he had a demon inside of him. 

I was isolated as well because my mother was a druggie and people thought I was going to be like her so they stayed away from me or shunned me. And when I got into anime they were hateful towards me and looked at me with eyes filled of hatred and at the same pity. I understand a lot about Naruto and I think me and him can relate a bunch. Naruto taught me to never give up and he also taught me to make amazing heartfelt speeches <3!

I think we can learn alot from anime including history, emotions, feelings, right and wrong, and dreams. 

Anime has changed my life and helped me live my hard life ^^! So I really love anime and I think it can change the world ^^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anime teaches you, when human are in a crisis, they become like demons, and when that happens, watch them kill each other off out of sensles fear and cuelty, why you watch them like there idiots.

Anime Teaches you, when the world is ending, The crime rate will go up due to no one cares about the law anymore, because the world is ending.

Anime teaches you, not everyone that is potrayed to be a villain in the public eye, is actualy all that bad, that maybe the ones who branded them as being bad or unjust, are the true monsters.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I learn so much about another culture so different from mine.  I just cant get enough action or gundams its just impossible ahahahahah.

Edited by       
  • Like 1

You didn't hide anything you know?

Also, I think the world will be in catastrophe in 40 years or less.

It will most likely not be other worldly or anything like that, but humans causing there own demise, as humans have been for years.

What can i learn from anime? Well that's simple: japan is sexually repressed and its just a form of there expression. What other country has a death forest? These are not happy people and they have some of the highest suicide rates then any other country (japan ranks #10). in the world.

A lot of countries you can't openly show anything that is sexual or sugestive in that way.

It wasn't untill the 60's till manga started showing anything provocotive, which is when the ecchi genre was made.

On TV it wasn't till the 80's till ecchi was alowed to be showed on television and film, but there still wasn't many like that up untill the 2000's.

Most of the series now have been using the same animation style in coloring and movements.

A lot recycle from older stories, but because people have not seen the older anime or manga, they think it is something new.

There were many series back in the day that started something new that had never been done before, but now adays they just folow the same sycle the older series do, most things you seen in anime today have been done in anime of yesterday, even with most main stream series.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

• 1 month later...

I've learned many things from many people in real life such as my role model Lady Gaga but I actually learned a lot of life changing lessons from specific anime characters through out my teenage years. Kakashi Hatake is one of my all time favorite anime characters and he's influenced me immensely. He's taught me always stand a strong supporter of my friends even if they don't want it. Even if that means just to keep an eye on them from a distance.

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...