Microsoft confirms 'pre-owned fee' for Xbox One

cloud1414

Oh man. It's getting harder and harder to defend Microsoft's point. The fact that everyone will have to pay service charges and fee's could become to much of an inconvenience for normal gamer's to throw money at it. I don't understand what there reasoning behind all this is. My biggest issue is I love Xbox games far to much to not pay these fee's. I'm obviously gonna get the PS4 as well. It was never really about which system is better for me because, both systems have games I want. But I do think Microsoft needs to start thinking about there consumer and stop trying to horde cash for I dunno what.

So how many peaple here have learned of the x-box one.  There have been alot of things realised that sound pretty bad for the gamers. 

1.  Each game will be registered with one system.  No other system will be allowed to play that game without paying the current purchese price. 

2. You must be online to play

3. The new kenect does not turn off, and will always be on record stand by when still plugged in.  It will also detect how many individuals are in the room and will controle if the game can be played or not based on whos there.

(some one not regestered in the system in the room the game won't play.)

4.  To view movies you must pay monthly fees and use there network.  Fees must also be paid to use your own music on the system.

To me this sounds like the beginning of the end.  I can see alot of gamers not wanting to even try a system that has so many fees and restrictions.  I can understand why a company would want to reduce piracy but doing by restricting there costumers instead of comeing up with ways to actually stop the piracy is cheap and lazy. 

Not only this but this will kill any resale of there games.  Who would spend full price after buying from the origanal owner for a used game years down the road. 

Edited by shadowtheman

At this point I'm just hoping that enough people will send angry letters to Microsoft that they will wave some of these ridiculous fee's and make the game more middle class friendly. Because at this point it sounds like they just want my money every time I put a game in. And you bring up a good point, why would anyone pay full price for a game they got from a friend that's like 2 years old.

So how many peaple here have learned of the x-box one.  There have been alot of things realised that sound pretty bad for the gamers. 

1.  Each game will be registered with one system.  No other system will be allowed to play that game without paying the current purchese price. 

3. The new kenect does not turn off, and will always be on record stand by when still plugged in.  It will also detect how many individuals are in the room and will controle if the game can be played or not based on whos there.

4.  To view movies you must pay monthly fees and use there network.  Fees must also be paid to use your own music on the system.

To me this sounds like the beginning of the end.  I can see alot of gamers not wanting to even try a system that has so many fees and restrictions.  I can understand why a company would want to reduce piracy but doing by restricting there costumers instead of comeing up with ways to actually stop the piracy is cheap and lazy. 

Not only this but this will kill any resale of there games.  Who would spend full price after buying from the origanal owner for a used game years down the road. 

1: They have confirmed that you will be able to loan games to a limited number of systems, and play the same copy across your entire Xbox family, which is reported to possibly be 10 systems. They have also confirmed that some stores will be able to buy and sell used games.

2: You must connect to the internet once per day.

3: The new Kinect can be turned off.

4: What? Where did you hear this? A Sony propaganda site? You can play your own movies and music the same as if you were not using the xbox1. What they'll want a monthly sub fee for, is using their tv, music, and movie services.

1: They have confirmed that you will be able to loan games to a limited number of systems, and play the same copy across your entire Xbox family, which is reported to possibly be 10 systems. They have also confirmed that some stores will be able to buy and sell used games.

4: What? Where did you hear this? A Sony propaganda site? You can play your own movies and music the same as if you were not using the xbox1. What they'll want a monthly sub fee for, is using their tv, music, and movie services.

Where what you have just said sounds like a dream come true for those of us who takes shadowtheman's post as fact, can I ask where you heard all that? I am only curious as I want to bury what I have come to see as a truth I don't want to believe, I also know the internet has a habbit of making bad rumours a some what reality and making everyone believe them.

With the X-Box1 the only thing that was killing it in my books was having to buy so many copies of games so I could play them with my family and friends. I don't care about paying full price for a pre-owned game after already buying it as I buy all my games brand new. I have 3 other brothers and my dad, so if we all wanted to play one game I would hate to buy it 5 times...

Regardless of how the Xbox1 turns out I'm still going to buy it. I'm a gamer, that's what gamers do we throw our money at people so we can enjoy our hobby. I don't know if what you posted is true or not but, I am going to go enjoy myself and play some video games. That's all that really mattered anyways.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/06/09/is-the-new-xbox-killing-the-gaming-community.aspx

This is an article from today that gives some of the info that I got from another.

Where what you have just said sounds like a dream come true for those of us who takes shadowtheman's post as fact, can I ask where you heard all that? I am only curious as I want to bury what I have come to see as a truth I don't want to believe, I also know the internet has a habbit of making bad rumours a some what reality and making everyone believe them.

With the X-Box1 the only thing that was killing it in my books was having to buy so many copies of games so I could play them with my family and friends. I don't care about paying full price for a pre-owned game after already buying it as I buy all my games brand new. I have 3 other brothers and my dad, so if we all wanted to play one game I would hate to buy it 5 times...

Checked and double checked.

Source: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/blistered-thumbs/416-bt-staff/39368-thumb-wars-episode-38-xbox-one-the-loneliest-number

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFVptu6QbY

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408472/features/xbox-one-your-definitive-guide/

One thing, if you think i'm wrong or I am no need to be a dick.  I won't do it to you, don't do it to me. 

From the artacle stated in your post how ever some of it seems pretty moot.  Of course they can't charge for the fisical disks transfer to one hand to the next.  No one ever could, so why there stated that is silly.  How ever they did say to play the games I give you, you wold have to be on the same cloud.   And only for 10 systems.  How many people do you know on x-box live only have 10 friends.  And after so many years when a game reaches collectible potentail.  When you sell your games on e-bay witch a lot of peaple do they would have to sell there accounts and systems to or there would be no abiltiy for the knew owner to play the game. 

Yes you can techniquly unplug the cennect to turn it off. Other wise I have yet to see info saying there is an off switch. 

And no turning it of from the systems end isn't vary plausable due to the fact that not many peaple would go to such lengths ever time they play. 

It states that atleast once an hour you have to be on the net.  This is no diffrent than allways being on for several reasons.  Are they saying that some one playing the next big online game will be playing off line till that moment comes.  This makes no diffrence because no one for the most part would have the need to turn it off. 

Sharing according to the fool.com article still seems complicated. You can only give (a physical disc) to a friend who has been on your friends list for at least 30 days, and it can only be given exactly once (so if your friend wants to give it away later, tough cookies).

"... would have to be connected at least every 24 hours -- or once every hour if users are accessing games from a console they don't own..."

Once a day if you're with your own console, but every hour if you're playing at a friend's place on their Xbox.

That said, people will put up with a lot of stuff, or at least learn to tolerate it. And if all else fails, it's not like people don't already do a lot of circumventing of annoying features, haha. I play my Sims games with a no CD hack so I can keep the discs unbothered elsewhere.

The article posted is not the one that refuted every point made in the initial post. I couldn't find that one.

The original stated that yes, you can turn off the Kinect Camera, and that no, it isn't going to shut your game off if you have a friend in the room. If it would do that, then it could shut down because your cat decided to help you play. Which would of course, be completely ridiculous.

I hate to break it to people, but the majority of the initial rumors have been shown to be false, and I honestly think they were put out there by the competition to try to breed anger toward microsoft and bury the initial sales of the new Xbox.

The only problem I have with the new xbox is that... It has features that I won't or can't use... And those features drive the price up. TV box? I have one already and I like it. Voice commands? My name says it all there.

Sell a bare bones upgradable box without those and I'd be all over that on launch day.

Ive checked the specs for the kennect and it won't pick up your cat.  The way it recognizes you is by your face alone.  Your movements are picked up only as you play.  This same facial recognition software can easily pick up an unknown.

I'm not really worried about hackers I can imagine that Microsoft will have that under raps.

http://ellisbenus.com/technology/your-microsoft-xbox-one-is-always-watching-and-listening-to-you/

h6_F9_E5_BE1.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352596/the-xbox-one-is-always-listening

I think for now what I said pretty much still stands.  There a two ways of looking at the Xbox 1 and both have there ups and downs.  As a media machine for non or vary rare gamers.  These kind of people i can see never unplugging there connect making the always on thing an evasion of privacy.  For gamers who deal with the buying and selling of games and a lot of social gaming the restrictions are way to heavy.  For now I think this just out ways of potential fun this system could have.  No matter how much Microsoft sugar coats things by re-release the same info in different ways, its still no different.  That and arguing the small technicalities is just splitting hears.  For now it is what it is, maybe someday when they figure on the back lash these kind of things can cause the future for video games could be much brighter.

What happened when the only thing gamers worried about were bits. Lol

Edited by shadowtheman

The good thing with the way it sounds like they're doing the sharing thing, if you keep it within your Xbox "Family" (Which seems to be like the friends and family thing on a cell phone) for a lan party or something... You only need to purchase a single copy of the game when the original it is installed on is in the network. Now, I could be wrong about my interpretation of that... but  if I'm not, that would be a huge money saver for a group of friends that likes to get together and play rather than playing online all the time.

You can disconnect the Kinect, or just turn it off according to the first article I read. And in no way will it be shutting the system down for any reason. The company knows perfectly well that sometimes, friends like to watch friends play, so they'll have taken that into consideration on anything they've done.

I can understand the efficiency with cloud gaming, its been done well before.  For a company that's so paranoid about piracy though it seems more like they will cause more problems then necessary.  Sharing your games with your gaming buddies is something that even I have done.  The funny thing is that I never needed clouds to do it.  Like with Tiberian sun, we wanted all to play.  Simple, hand the disc from one person to the next.  Then we would all install and play.  No need for the middle men.  Yes men not man.  Why make such a simple process so difficult.

Even transfurring the games over the net.  Torrents worked just fine.  The legal torrents not the illegal.

Origanally cloud gaming was made to make that whole process more efficiant by removing all the extra work and make every game avaliable.  Onlive for an example.  So why not just emulate companies on these.  They already have done exactly what Microsoft was aiming for with this system.  Go fig Microsoft.

I personally don't give a s**** about the 24h DRM & the used game shenanigans for the X1 as a PC Steam user with 200+ games that I can't sell the 24h DRM is a bit Overkill 3 Months would be more acceptable IMO.

Becuase the only reason I can think of that there doing the DRM is to dissable modded/hacked consoles from playing copied/burnded games offline.

If I wasn't a 2k PC gamer I would lean more to the PS4 this gen because of the price point €400 (+ of the rumor that it has more power in terms of Hardware) + that I can borrow games from friends with no BS involved but I would really hate to miss out on Killer Instinct for the X1 as a Oldschool Nintendo fanboy.

I only know 1 thing that this next gen my X1 is going to collect a hell of allot more dust than my PS4 if all this DRM & used game lower specs €100 more is going to be 100% fact

this gen I barely touched my PS3 because the 360 was just simply better but this next gen its gonna change.

You have to give this last gen its props even though a good chunk of there libraries were the same they competed like troopers.   A lot of people can easily say that they have multiple systems yet only really played one.  That's what was nice about it so much freedom you could do that with no loss. 

I think with all the new over done gimmicks and odd limitations with this new set things will be vary different.  I have to admit as a fan of all gaming in general I'm spooked.