Hannibal [2013]

Koby

• 3 weeks later...

NBC renews 'Hannibal' for second season
NBC has renewed its serial killer drama Hannibal for a second season. Its first season, which is currently airing on the network, has been turning heads -- and stomachs -- with its graphic content. It is, after all, a series about a cannibalistic killer who lives a double life as a forensic psychologist.

Perhaps due to its late spring premiere, Hannibal has received middling ratings, with recent episodes averaging only 2.6 million viewers. The show was so on the bubble that NBC didn't make the decision to renew the series until after upfronts were over.

But, it seems, we're promised another season of Hannibal now, which will premiere "no earlier than midseason" 2014. NBC likely will schedule the premiere earlier than April, which was when this season premiered.

Season 2 will, like the first season, only consist of thirteen episodes. It's rather rare for a network series to have such an abbreviated yearly run (most shows get between 22-24 episodes a year) -- which means that NBC is holding as a serious contender against cable fare (which also air shorter seasons).

What do you think? Are you excited for Hannibal's renewal? Will you start watching now that the show is guaranteed for a second year?

Hannibal's next episode, "Buffet Froid," airs tonight, May 30, on NBC.

Oh my, This is awesome. Hannibal Lecter is probably one of my favorite movie bad guys. Or maybe he's and anti-hero. I can't really be sure. After Hannibal Rising I just didn't have him in my head as the "bad guy" anymore. Either way I can't wait for this series. After Battlestar Galactica ended I still haven't been able to find a show to fill that void but, maybe this is it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bryan Fuller was quite candid about revealing spoilers for the upcoming season of ‘Hannibal’, stating “We will be talking fairly openly about events in season three and hopefully getting people excited.”

Despite being shot in face by Miriam Lass, the fate of Dr. Frederick Chilton was never verified. Some assumed he was dead, while others argued there was no proof. Fuller confirmed that Raúl Esparza will be returning as Dr. Chilton. He also revealed that Eddie Izzard and Kacey Rohl will be making appearances as Dr. Abel Gideon and Abigail Hobbs, respectively.

A handful of other characters from the tetralogy will be joining the cast for Season 3:

1. Cordell: Mason Verger’s personal physician from ‘Hannibal’.
  2. Commander Pazzi (Season 3, Episode 2): An Italian law enforcement officer from ‘Hannibal’ who attempted to help kidnap Hannibal for Mason Verger.
  3. Lady Murasaki (Season 3, Episode 3): Hannibal’s aunt and former lover from ‘Hannibal Rising’.
  4. Francis Dolarhyde (Season 3, Episode 8): A serial killer, dubbed “The Tooth Fairy” from ‘Red Dragon’.

• 10 months later...

Hannibal Cancelled at NBC
NBC has stuck a fork in Hannibal.

The Peacock network has cancelled Bryan Fuller’s acclaimed, lush thriller, TVLine has confirmed. The show’s current third season — slated to wrap up in late August — will be its last.

“NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancellation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers,” Fuller said in a statement. “[NBC president] Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure.

“Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer,” Fuller added, “but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”

NBC issued its own statement, saying, “We have been tremendously proud of Hannibal over its three seasons. Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made Hannibal an incredible experience for audiences around the world.”

NBC’s decision to pass on a Season 4 hardly comes as a surprise, given Hannibal’s eroding ratings. The June 11 episode notched a series-low 1.7 million viewers and a 0.5 in the demo.

Source: http://tvline.com/2015/06/22/hannibal-cancelled-nbc-season-4/