Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)

RazorDan

18 minutes ago, gskumar said:

Last episode was awesome I am interested in watching it in dub now.I heard a rumour going around in KA saying AOT is gonna take two cour to complete the series is that true?

To complete the series? No. Anime isn't even half-way done with the source material that is out, and the source is still on-going.

However, yes Season 3 is going to be two cour. However it seems it'll be going on break and not returning until January.

Just now, Koby said:

To complete the series? No. Anime isn't even half-way done with the source material that is out, and the source is still on-going.

However, yes Season 3 is going to be two cour. However it seems it'll be going on break and not returning until January.

So the rumour was true ah man I can't wait till January.I will watch this again in dub. 

Well, just finished ep 49, and man, what an episode, seeing Erwin all pumped was hype af.

And holy shit what was that ending?!
It legit scared the crap out of me. 
I'm so curious and hyped for next season! 

This show just doesn't let me catch my breath, and I love it!

• Like 1

The episode was fine, however
So in the end it turns out that there was no need at all to modify and condense the uprising arc like they've done.
And now when you want to check out how they'd handle the next arc, they announce the show is gonna be on break for another 6 months.
The small teaser during the ending even shows that

Spoiler

the production has already progressed pretty far ahead (or they could have animated just that one scene to have something to show for that ending)

Really gotta hand it to them, they know perfectly well how to screw around with their fans.
Back to the manga now. Not sure if I'll pick up on the 2nd part.

Edited by cinnamox

4 hours ago, ywai1659 said:

Is there anyone who read shingeki no kyojin manga?

I used to only read the manga but stopped in favor for the anime to pick up.
After this grave disappointment now with the large season split and the "questionable" adaption of the Uprising Arc, I'm getting back to reading.
Stopped at chapter90, which is most likely the point at which this season is gonna wrap.
A LOT to immerse myself back into ^^

10 hours ago, Scyrous said:

How did you even manage to come to such a conclusion?

Because why going for fast pacing if their plan was for a split season right from the start anyways?
And quite frankly cutting out important details and passing over interesting nuances was disrespectful to the original content and the audience.
Despite the fact that season 3 is already completely done, which becomes quite apparent at the end of Ep49, they split it in two only to cover a 2 year airing schedule.
So yeah,
really got to hand it to them. They know perfectly well how to screw around with their fans.

11 minutes ago, cinnamox said:

Because why going for fast pacing if their plan was for a split season right from the start anyways?

The decision to rearrange events and improve overall pacing (based on the general negative public opinion of this arc in the manga) is completely unrelated to previous or future cours and seasons. You're grasping at straws here.

14 minutes ago, cinnamox said:

And quite frankly cutting out important details and passing over interesting nuances was disrespectful to the original content and the audience.

As I told you months ago, the very creator of this 'original content' made and/or approved the changes himself.

Judging by the fact that you somehow stopped at chapter 90 (right after RTS, the most universally acclaimed arc of the entire manga so far), I have a feeling you never cared much about AoT in the first place.

It's an adaptation. Not a direct copy. Unimportant things are going to get cut. And perhaps some of the more 'important things' were cut for specific reasons, such as revealing them at a later date. There's been plenty of instances where we got to see events from future manga chapters that the anime ''shouldn't'' even have shown yet. These changes are made for a reason.

Besides, Isayama considers the anime to be the final version of the story anyways, so what you feel is 'disrespect' is meaningless in the end.

16 minutes ago, cinnamox said:

Despite the fact that season 3 is already completely done, which becomes quite apparent at the end of Ep49

This has to be a bad joke.

• Like 1

This one I agree with @Scyrous anime removes the unwanted material from the main series, that is where ova and ona comes here.If they removed a important scene then there must be a reason to do so. If you have watched food wars you will understand this,actually in manga nakiri finds soma's father in the restaurant, which was removed in anime at that time all the fans were furious that they removed the important part.But later in the last episode they reveled that. So I don't think any company will remove the important scenes and never include them. In aot case they may keep that for ova who knows.

Edited by gskumar

23 hours ago, Scyrous said:

The decision to rearrange events and improve overall pacing (based on the general negative public opinion of this arc in the manga) is completely unrelated to previous or future cours and seasons. You're grasping at straws here.

As I told you months ago, the very creator of this 'original content' made and/or approved the changes himself.

Judging by the fact that you somehow stopped at chapter 90 (right after RTS, the most universally acclaimed arc of the entire manga so far), I have a feeling you never cared much about AoT in the first place.

It's an adaptation. Not a direct copy. Unimportant things are going to get cut. And perhaps some of the more 'important things' were cut for specific reasons, such as revealing them at a later date. There's been plenty of instances where we got to see events from future manga chapters that the anime ''shouldn't'' even have shown yet. These changes are made for a reason.

Besides, Isayama considers the anime to be the final version of the story anyways, so what you feel is 'disrespect' is meaningless in the end.

This has to be a bad joke.

Interesting

Well no need to discuss this any further since we both have strong opinions on this matter.
My point being is that this season had so much potential to be Grade A quality, but they settled with Grade C quality.
That is very disappointing.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cassanova said:

I'm reluctant to start the manga so that everything in the anime is new, but these breaks are killing me....

Anyone know many "seasons" the manga is ahead?

Season 3 covers chapters 51-90 in total, with the second half of S3 covering chapter 70-90 (roughly).

The manga is currently at chapter 110, so assuming 20 chapters = 1 cour, the manga is give or take 12 episodes ahead. Though by the time S3 part 2 ends (in 8 months or so, thus 8 chapters), it’ll be closer to 16-18 episodes ahead.

I was in the same boat as you, and honestly I suggest you just read it. No need to worry about spoilers anymore, plus you get to re-experience the story in its animated form regardless. Everything will still feel fairly new. You never know how chapters will be adapted, what the voice acting or music will be like, the animations... etc. It’s an entirely different experience.

Edited by Scyrous

• Koby changed the title to Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)