How's the weather where you are?

GeekyAlex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Cold & rainy. Had snow on Saturday. We used to get a lot of snow (several feet per year) but not much rain, especially in the Summer. Now we get 2-3x more rain than we did just 15 years ago, but almost NO snow. I'm happy to see it return. Snow is my favorite weather.

We've been having negative temperatures in recent days.

Though, now it's in the positive.  Still single-digit, but it's better than minus single-digit.

Now that I think about it, it's usually in January (so it seems) that a cold front descends....specifically a polar vortex.  I remember that one in 2019, although that was late-January.  I forget if it's annual or if it only occurs because of a hurricane half a year prior.

4 hours ago, Dave55811 said:

A couple days ago we had some snow.  We didn't have negative temperatures, though.

I need to come by and visit in the Winter/early Spring again. I enjoyed how the area looks around that time last I was there.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:43 PM, Zemekis said:

I need to come by and visit in the Winter/early Spring again. I enjoyed how the area looks around that time last I was there.

We certainly get some scenic moments with this snow, but it can get spoiled by negative temperatures.