Have you taken a break from anime?

GeekyAlex

I usually take a break when I've caught myself up on all the seasons I want to watch and finished series I heard of from friends. Then I go in another burst after a few months.

That is what I tend to do to I take regular breaks. When I do start to watch anime again it is always in bursts of watching lots of it, from series my friends have told me about I start watching which makes me search for other series as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in 15 years (whoa!) since I 1st became a fan.  There are times when I don't get much time to watch anything.  Then a series like Nagi no Asukara comes along, and I can't wait to watch the episode week after week no matter how busy I am.

Unless they put overly done fan service (I'm talking extreme)  in every new series, I will probably never take a break from anime.

I started Shiki, but all of a sudden I couldn't take anymore.

I think I just o-d'd on the dark and gory anime.

I think I just need to watch a fun anime with no sudden dramatic turns. Then, I'll get back on track.

I am stocking up on anime for the rebound watch. I just hope I'm not growing out of my "anime phase."

@kakashi14: 10 years! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hope I can get my anime appetite back within a few weeks.

ETA (Feb 20): I'm about to break the drought by watching fansubbed Toriko while eating a hoagie! Mmmm...sweet...sweet relapse. :victory::feel_good:

Edited by Feenis

Every six months or so. Anime's big problem that pisses me off is that there's only a handful of actual good shows at any given time and everything else is so average that it's bad. Really gets me burnt out. My last "break" was almost three years long lol, Steins;Gate and a few re watches of some of my old favorites brought me back...for now.

I come & go, much like reading a good book, takes me a while to get into a new one, but when I do I'm addicted. My main problem is alot of the anime series I watch ends after 1 or 2 seasons, while the original mangas often have many more chapters.

My breaks from anime usually entail re-watching old series that I've not seen for a few years, for lack of anything currently being aired that really grabs me. I'm always watching something - or at least, I have been since I was about thirteen - but I frequently take breaks from things, either to wait for shows to finish airing, revisit some old favourites, or because I just don't feel like it and would prefer to spend my anime time reading or something.