GeekyAlex

Have you taken a break from anime?

I think by break they mean when you need to eat or something.

Because... taking an actual break from anime? That's ridiculous! :P :P

Edited by Breathless

i have take a long break about 4 years and then i discovered streaming sites like animeseason which are very convenient if you want to try new series and this sites reaweken my passion for anime especially because of Sword Art Online

I've never taken a break on purpose. The only break from anime I've ever taken was when the only channel I knew of that was dedicated to showing only anime (Animax) got cancelled about 4-5 years ago. I only started watching anime again around august last year when I got a phone that I could download them on. It still took forever with my crappy and expensive internet but it was worth it...

There was a time I took a long break from anime. Until 2007 I watched almost all anime that was shown on TV in Germany at some point, but then I started to watch sitcoms instead for a few years but lately I returned to the animes and since then I watch more than ever since and nowadays thanks to the internet it's much easier to watch whatever you want and whenever you want :D

I was on a pretty long break before I rejoined this forum. I recently started watching some anime and I'm already hooked on a few series. That didnt take long at all haha

I don't take intentional breaks. However I do take specific genre breaks. Longest one was  for mecha....can get a bit predictable. Comedy/slice of life makes up for good breaks if you're action/plot focused.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a break, my internet is just really slow so I can download a max of two episodes of any one show a day or one movie.  So I watch something else on my hard drive and take like mini two week breaks from anime to download all the episodes so I can watch the whole series at once.

Took last month off playing a ton of video games, started playing Devil Survivor Overclocked when I remembered that the sequal just got an anime. Now I'm wondering how I went without anime for so long ^_^

Recently coming off a 3 month break from anime

it's wasn't so bad because I had games to keep my mind occupied but once I got my computer came back from the shop I went crazy downloading

and my dormant addiction took over. I don't remember the last time I went to sleep :)

i Go through phases - for a couple of months all i watch is anime, then all i will watch are tv series or occasionally a movie or two, then the cycle repeats itself...