Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Re:coded)

Koby

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, before I begin, I would like to state that Square Enix and PSP have made a bad combination. Because the two Square Enix games I've played on it, Crisis Core and BBS, have some of the most depressing endings for a video game I've ever played.

Crisis Core, I won't go into. If you've played, I'm sure you know what I mean.

BBS took it to another level. We had three characters for the whole game. You would figure one, maybe even two of them, would have good endings.

But nope. We learn that Terra gets his body taken over by Xehanort, losses his heart, and his body's Heartless and Nobodies become the main bad guys of the first two Kingdom Hearts games.

Then there's Ven. Granted, I wasn't much of a Ven fan. But to lose your heart, and as someone theorized, have it become a part of Sora's that later becomes Roxas. That's pretty depressing, even for a character I wasn't particularly fond of.

Then came Aqua. My favorite character of the game. Ms. Righteous and Courageous. Surely she will have a good ending. Well, depending on how you look at it, she may have very well had the worst ending: Being thrown into the freaking Realm Of Darkness.

Here is where my question lies: Will we see Aqua in a future KH game or at least hear what happens to here?

If you've seen the secret ending, we know that Aqua eventually makes her way to the shore in the ROD with, what most assume, is Ansem The Wise. Granted, there's a huge plot gap right there. Unless time slows down considerably in the ROD than it does in the outer worlds, then Aqua was wandering around for a long, long time.

Anyway, assuming that the mysterious stranger we see during the secret movie is indeed Ansem The Wise, since he was able to break out, wouldn't you assume that Aqua makes her way out as well? Or does she simply die in the ROD before that happens?

I'm thinking that could be a huge deal for KHIII. Sora and Riku, two kids who have learned their powers through trials of combat come across a legitimate Keyblade Master in Aqua. That would be completely awesome, in my book.

So, now that I've had my say, anything anyone would like to contribute?

• Like 1

dude, if you've played the first two games, you should know better than to expect a happy ending in a PREQUEL.

if it's a happy ending, the original games would never take place. think about it, if Aqua had a happy ending, why wasn't she helping Sora out when he was closing all those keyholes and stuff?

also, there's the fact that this game was supposed to be Kingdom Hearts ZERO. it's job wasn't to give happy endings but to explain how things got to the way they were in KH 1 and 2, for example, Pete's alliance with Maleficent and why how she knew about the Heartless.

as for me, i knew the second i saw Terra, "this guy looks an awful lot like Ansem, Seeker of Darkness".

also, in this game, they've shown why Sora, Riku and Kairi have their powers. it's because they were blessed/ hearts given to by Ventus, Terra and Aqua.

as for if they'll be saved or not ... well, in the end of coded as well as BBS's secret ending, you see Yen Sid saying that it's time to bring them back or something like that.

also, that bottle Sora got, i'm pretty sure that's an invitation to give the Mark of Mastery exam for him an Riku.

if they become Masters, they may be able to free Ventus and well, lets see how things go from there ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No actualy it sets the stage for Reconnect (which is probly the title of KH3)

Reconnect will close the Xehanort Arc of the story (there is NO word of a new arc) What we see in the secret movie here is actualy symbolic. Except for Aqua talking to the Mysterious Man (With the light on high you can see the face under the hood) all other scenes NEVER happened. The parts regarding the TODAY with Sora,Kairi and Riku is true however and serves as the starting point of the next game. As far as I know tho KH 3D is just another Coded game. It's just there to either add new info which will only have an impact later on or to answer some plot holes. Speaking of Reconnect and theories of what to come, chech the BBS FM trailer with the 2 NEW secret enemy, one of them is

Eraqus' Lingering Sentiment

and the other is

NO HEART!! (XEMNAS' ARMOR WITH A KEYBLADE!!!!)

http://forgottenmem.net/

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix was recently released in Japan. With it's release, the Internet release of the secret ending was revealed.

If anyone's been paying attention to me and KH around here, then you know that I'm absolutely desperate to learn of Aqua's fate. Though there are no subtitles in the video found in the link, it would appear that Aqua does manage to make her way out of the Realm Of Darkness and land, in what I assume, is Enchanted Dominion, outside the palace. Though the atmosphere is very dark and tense, as if someone terribly wrong was about to happen.

In addition to a vaguely positive sign that Aqua is alright, a new KH game is also announced at the end of the video. Can you guess what it's called?

That's right. Birth By Sleep: Volume Two.

I would now like to take this time for a bit of a rant.

I love the KH series. I really do. The only series I could claim to love even more would be the FF series.

That said, I'm beginning to grow a little frustrated with how many spinoffs this series is creating. It started with Kingdom Hearts. Then, if we were interested, we got Chain Of Memories, and learned of Castle Oblivion, the loss of Sora's memories, and his subsequent year-long slumber.

Then we had KH II which continued the Sora story.

Then came 358/2 Days, which went into Roxas' story.

Then, we had Birth By Sleep, which helped to explain the origins of the Xehanort, who became the bad guy in both KH I and II.

Everything up to this point was fine. Sure, each game left us with questions that we scratched our heads at, and at some times, even became so frustrated we wanted to toss our consoles against a wall for being so confusing.

But now, we have games like Re:Coded, where Mickey creates a virtual world made of Sora's memories and starts diving into them like a weird version of Inception. We had 3DS coming out, with details still unknown. Now, we have a sequel to BBS to further complicate the Terra, Aqua, and Ventus stories, unless they just plan on making the game about Aqua (which I personally wouldn't mind).

The series is getting a little out of hand, is the overall message. It's starting to become so freaking tangled, with everything being intertwined with two or three other story arcs that it's becoming a pain to keep straight.

I love this series to death. But all the different story arcs are killing me. And having to buy seperate consoles to play them is also killing my wallet. I seriously only bought a PSP for BBS and I'm gonna have to buy a 3DS for 3DS (looks kinda odd).

So, here's my hope that after 3DS and BBS-2 are done, they make KH3 to wrap up the series, answer all the unanswered questions, and call it good before they run what started as a masterpiece so far into the ground that not even I will want to play them anymore.

If you read all of that, or even skimmed through it, congratulations. Leave a name and address and I'll send you a whole box of your favorite cookies. (But not really).

I got Birth by sleep not too long ago... and thought it was one of the BEST games for the psp right along with criss core, to think a final mix would come out was something that was bound to happen, but a new BIRTH BY SLEEP!!! going to watch the video but I don't wan't to see it..... ugh thank you so much and no cookies after all?

I have to admit, Its an amazing series with such a twisting plot! I love it! But i agree in the fact I want to get to kingdom hearts 3. All the games have their relevance in explaining the story. I still found Re:Coded an enjoyable game, but the weakest to date in playability and fun. (finished in 13 hrs)

I think what would be good, is if square enix released a big collectable pack of all the kingdom hearts game in one box (final mix versions for the ones that have it)

A volume 2 of BBS? I think I would like that.

Saw this post on the KH2.co.uk site and just had to let everyone else know:

I think people are freaking out over nothing. The story-line makes sense. They had a lot of story there, and they didn't get to show us all of it until they knew they had a solidified fan-base. After Kingdom Hearts 2, they knew they had grabbed us, and wanted us to know the WHOLE story before they went into KH3. I'll explain why it'll be alright.

There are 2 prequels to every real game.

Birth By Sleep

Birth By Sleep Volume II

Kingdom Hearts I

Re: Chain of Memories

358/2 Days

Kingdom Hearts 2

Re: Coded

3DS Dream Drop Distance

And then guess what comes next? Kingdom Hearts 3

It's actually pretty well laid out. The numbers in the trailer are to show us where the story takes place. Zero Point (or just 0) is Birth By Sleep, and 1 is Kingdom Hearts 1. The 0.5 means the storyline takes place right before Kingdom Hearts and right after Birth By Sleep and will most likely follow Aqua's progress in the Realm of Darkness and explain exactly the moment up to when Sora has his dream on the beach and Kairi wakes him up, just like the end of 358/2 Days helped us get RIGHT to the beginning of KH2, and the way Dream Drop Distance will lead us into KH3.

I have fun with the story, I like how involved I get in all the small details. I'm telling you, they are NOT going to disappoint us when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes along. We, as the audience, NEED to know what is going on in the story, because if you go from Kingdom Hearts 2 and go right into Kingdom Hearts 3, without playing all the ones in between, you're not going to know why Sora and Riku have to take mastery exams (by the way I think the Dream in Dream Drop Distance is the training that Aqua and Terra went through that we didn't get to see) or what the Keyblade War really was, or Xehanort's progress through life death and rebirth, or WHY and how he's returned, and you especially won't know what a X-Blade is. So yeah, bring on the "spin-offs" as you all call them. I say, as you guys so whole-heartedly denounce them, bring on the STORY. I want to know how this thing will end up. I know, in the end, happiness and balance will be found, and that's what Disney is all about; helping you find true love, true friendship, and how the people along the way help you get there. Look at EVERY Disney story they've used in the game so far:

Beauty and the Beast

Tarzan

The Lion King

Sleeping Beauty

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Cinderella

Pirates of the Caribbean

The Little Mermaid

And now The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and etc.

Point is, every story deals with finding friends and allowing them to help you find your way to your heart and find a happy ending. That's what these movies and these games are about, and if you are too focused on seeing KH3 on PS3, you need to remember who is REALLY in control of these games, and that's Disney. They want to give an experience that isn't going to ruin the integrity of their films. The movies that will be featured on the PS3 need to utilize the PS3's power, but also make Sora and Goofy and Donald still look good and blend in without them looking too... Final Fantasy XIII. I think Tangled would look great in KH3.

Just have some patience, guys, we have a lot to see from Square-Enix and a lot more movies from Disney that will look and feel great. They've made the Final Fantasy series last this long, so why not let Kingdom Hearts last as well? The 3DS is around the corner and I just KNOW They are planning a remake for Final Fantasy V and VI which will look and sound stunning on the 3DS, so I don't know what all the fuss is about, I'm having fun :)

^ THIS! for one, I agree with him 100%

People stop calling them spinoffs, they are not spinoffs, they are sequels of each game, sequels, so they are not spinoffs. >> Gosh get it through your heads, Just like how crisiscore is a prequel to final fantasy 7, its not a spinoff >>

For those of us who refuse to play hand-helds or have to buy extra consoles/handhelds to get the whole story, it'd be nice if we could compile a list of things one should know from each of the games so we can continue to play the main 'numbered' games and not feel like we are missing something. Anyone played them all and would like to make something like that?

• Koby changed the title to Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Re:coded)