Return of the Kametsu Newsletter!

I want to do both, haha. I'm GREEDY! I just hope I don't lopside it and focus on one more than the other.

/edit: (but I can share if someone wants to do one too! I love sharing!)

and ah, Google Drive sorta sounds like what fanfiction.net had as a system, but for groups? o well, I'll check it out now!

Edited by Breathless

ah! How would I close it 'properly'. (I'm kind of tech-newb) I tried closing firefox completely, and even clearing my cookies, but they're still sitting there. ./Cry
./Edit: This is kinda getting off-topic tho. We should probably continue this via PMs

Problem fixed itself.

Edited by Breathless

This seems like a better system than the previous one.. My biggest frustrations happened when everyone would say they got their article in... and then we'd wait, and wait, and wait.. and it never seemed to be published on time. This way, anyone on the crew can publish the finished product. ^_^

I'd volunteer to write a backup serial story for the art and lit section, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have the time to give it the attention it deserves. However, I am going to be writing something, and if you ever have an issue that needs a story (If Loki gets sick, has writer's block, or gets eaten by a rampaging were-unicorn.. Hey! We gotta be prepared!), I can throw what I have at you.

This seems like a better system than the previous one.. My biggest frustrations happened when everyone would say they got their article in... and then we'd wait, and wait, and wait.. and it never seemed to be published on time. This way, anyone on the crew can publish the finished product. ^_^

I'd volunteer to write a backup serial story for the art and lit section, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have the time to give it the attention it deserves. However, I am going to be writing something, and if you ever have an issue that needs a story (If Loki gets sick, has writer's block, or gets eaten by a rampaging were-unicorn.. Hey! We gotta be prepared!), I can throw what I have at you.

Well, no one listened when i asked for the articles to post them...lol but yeah, if we'd have had drive back then i imagine we'd still be going.

Anyhoo, is there a naming convention?

Hawk, a copy editor is just the person who does the line by line edits of a text. They don't have as much responsibility as an editor, and are usually the ones to blame if a typo is to be found in a bit of professional text, haha.

You can store your stories if you want on the drive, that way we'll have something to reach for in case anything does happen. I'd like to leave article submission open to everyone regardless of whether they're a regular crew member.

As far as file naming conventions, as mentioned, I'd like for people to have their forum username, article name, and date so we can keep organised at a glance. You can separate those things as you will, whether with a space, pipes (one of these | guys), or slashes. I'll drop a sample article in there momentarily.

I'm also in the process of divvying up the folders further into Drafts, Needs Editing, Completed, and Published. Hopefully the names are obvious enough as to their purposes, but just to be clear--Drafts are where works in progress will go. Needs Editing is where articles that are ready to be reviewed for publication will go. Completed means that it's been edited and requires no further changes. Published is where completed articles will be dropped after we've used them, so in case we need to reach for an article, we're not accidentally grabbing one people have seen already.

• Like 1

I'll be looking out for this, but just have a request for EO. I'm busy with my final exams for University entry but I've been planning to do some Khronicle work in the future. That being said, I'd appreciate if you didn't use the name and I see no harm in the Khronicle being a more liberal, goofy version of the Newsletter.

Why dont you alternate between serials? That way mute aint doing all her work for nothing? I mean you've already got multiple people working on various sections, so why not just alternate? That way some folks arent doing stuff for nothing.

Because Mute didn't actually say she was going to write a serial, but that she would if she had the time and that in the future, she will likely write something that can be used.

We are going to alternate between content writers so it's not just the same person each time. We've addressed this in private with regards to some users volunteering for multiple sections.

Dan, that's fine, considering I have not referred to the newsletter as the Khronicle. The only place where it is acknowledged as the Khronicle is on the shared drive, which I did not name. For the time being, it will simply be the newsletter until another name is decided.

Is there any particular reason you feel you cannot work on the newsletter within the parameters (liberal, goofy) you intend for the Khronicle?

no, I'd love to work for the Newsletter, its just I'm pretty busy and quite a lazy guy, so I don't think I'd be dependable when it comes to meeting deadlines. The Khronicle's my own thing so I can take my time with it haha. As some of the Newsletter's contributors may remember, I can be quite frustratingly unorganised and slow at times.

Haha, all right. I just don't want any duplication of work if it can be avoided. Like if there was another contest that was almost exactly the same as the SOTW, but ever so slightly different. There's no reason why what makes the new contest different can't be considered as a change for the SOTW.

Anyway, as a reminder for content writers, I'd like to push for a mid-March release, which means we all have a month to write our articles. Feel free to take advantage of the time to build up a buffer, even if it's something as simple as a list of things you'd like to write about.

• Like 2