Return of the Kametsu Newsletter!

Reviews can be done by the user's standards. If that means a scale of 1 to 5, that works. If they don't like to work with numbers, that also works. If you only want to talk about an anime's soundtrack and disregard the artwork, that's fine. If you want to be more thorough (in the space of 500-600 words), that is also fine.

All we ask is users be fair in their reviews. That means no essays on how you hate an anime just because you hate the colour pink. Unless it's a parody, haha.

If people prefer a set of standards be drafted, we can do that, but I don't want the process to be overly prohibitive.

ETA: Hawk, to be certain, you're saying you just want to proofread the articles, yes? if so, I can put you down as a copy editor, so as to avoid confusion. Editors themselves would not only be proofreading articles, but piecing them together into the newsletter and prepping them for publication.

It's not overly complicated, haha. I'm going to die laughing if someone says they hate Google and refuse to use any of its services.

Poe, if you want to go ahead and set it up, that's fine! My Gmail is in my profile.

I'd like folders for each category so articles don't get super mixed up, haha. I'd also like to recommend a file naming convention for uploaders. username_articletitle_date, or some variation thereof. Some way to know at a glance what it is, when it was written, and who it was written by.

its seems the general consensus is Drive (boooyah! I'm loving it!). What I was wondering, is how do you want to go about it? A single meta folder, with folders inside for the varying categories? Or just a folder with all the stuff inside?

EDIT: I set it up quickly for poe, just need to pm her or me yer gmail to add to the folder permissions

Edited by Anras Rune

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I will warn now that I don't want people overstepping their boundaries and setting up things without clearing it with either Poe or me. This includes taking control of things like the shared drive.

The project is not meant to be overly prohibitive or frustrating, but having too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak, can be confusing and misrepresentative.

• Like 3

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I will warn now that I don't want people overstepping their boundaries and setting up things without clearing it with either Poe or me. This includes taking control of things like the shared drive.

The project is not meant to be overly prohibitive or frustrating, but having too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak, can be confusing and misrepresentative.

Things tend to end badly when a minion tries to overtake the kingdom.  LOL//

Anyways, like I said before, just pm me how to put the articles into the shared folder and I be good.

Edited by Dreamcastor

I'm currently chatting to Anras on an IRC channel, and he's more familiar with the Google drive than I am; I asked him about it, and he set it up for me.

Haha, all right. I just don't want things to get out of hand or have people left out of the loop because they're doing their own thing.

ETA: Dreamcastor, from Drive you can upload files into the shared folder. It's the button by "Create".

• Like 1

Again, in the interest of transparency and ensuring things don't get out of hand, I just don't want people overstepping their bounds. If you have a problem with me addressing the potential for an issue or you felt personally attacked, then I apologise for hurting you and we can talk about this. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you didn't turn this into a fight and that this thread remain constructive.

This is probably the most exciting thing, ever.

I would like to volunteer for the Anime & Manga section. I'm unbelievably excited for the Spring anime that I can't keep it contained! as for how long, two issues, and then if I'm still feeling good about it I'll continue. (if that's okay)

I've never used Google drive before, but I'm guessing it's simple enough to pick up. Right?

No problem, Dreamcastor! You can always set up a private folder to test out different functionalities as well.

We'd love to have you on as a writer, Breathless! I was beginning to think I'd have to fake my way through the anime articles, haha. Do you want to do both news and a review/feature, or just one?

And doing a trial period is fine. I don't want anyone agreeing to more than they can handle, haha. But yes, Google Drive is pretty simple.

I wasn't turning it into a fight, I'm joking around, As poe said I was speaking to her and I set it up quickly for her. Ownership is transferable anyhoo, so all I did was save you a couple of minutes of finnicky stuff.

Also breathless, tis easy as your computer's folders, cause thats what it basically is. Once you set up an account you can either download the client and have it as an extra folder on you computer for drag and drop, or upload manually. too easy.