Soft Subs versus Hard Subs

Breathless

Soft Subs vs Hard Subs!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer your anime in Soft Subs or Hard Subs?

• Soft Subs!
    • Hard Subs!
    • I don't care!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

When it comes to subtitled only anime I prefer hard subbed. Mostly because I load up a flash drive or burn a dvd and watch anime on my tv.  I tried watching soft subs on my bluray player or on my tv's flash drive port. Some times the subs don't work, shows up too small or the sub styling,signs and what not show up as gibberish. So I try to download the subbed anime hard subbed or I use handbrake to hard sub them.

Hardsubs is outdated technology, and without the option to turn them off, they're just going to get in the way when they're permanently plastered at the bottom of your screen. Softsubs can be turned off, so it is especially useful for viewers that are wanting to switch audio tracks at anytime. As I am an avid screencapper, I cannot ever condone hardsubs. Ever.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hard subs for foreign language material. Programs like to fuck with soft subs too often, the settings are unreliable. Right now Kodi won't play them automatically unless they're marked as both Default and Forced, which defeats the purpose of having two fields...

As far as watermarking: I hate it... but I love it. Erm, what I mean to say is that I use PseudoTV for most of my watching, which has its own watermarks you can customize per channel configuration, so a video with watermarks included looks pretty disgusting.

• 2 months later...