IP.Board Software Updates

Koby

I've been making modifications to the skin slowly but surely. Still want to make some other changes though. Let me know anything you might want changed.

So far I've made the sidebar smaller in width on the index page, moved the breadcrumbs navi, removed the banner bg switcher and replaced the banner, edited the member info box and moved it around, edited how subforums are displayed, made the text bigger for the forum names and such, and altered some colors here or there, changed the way forum stats are displayed (makes it look better imo), plus some other minor tweaks here and there.

• Like 3

I like the changes you've made so far to the Brave skin, it's definitely going in the right direction. I did notice some things I wanted to point out though. The banner still shows the old one until the new one is loaded over the top of it, is this something that can be fixed? I've also noticed that people with long signatures seem to brake the forum borders when the browser is in a smaller window. This doesn't seem to happen with the ip.board skin, but like I mentioned in my last post, it is very white. I have a picture of the issue with the signatures below, but the banner issue is rather hard to catch with an image. I used my awesome windows paint skills to place an orange arrow near what I'm referring to, and I'm displaying the issue in both dragon and firefox.

Brave.jpg

I feel like there's so much unused space with the banner and all... It's not a big deal with my laptop, but with my desktop it's quite obvious (as seen in EO's pic). I can deal with it, I just wish we could have everything optimized for space whether you are a 2048x1152 16:9 or a tiny little 4:3 screen.

I like the changes you've made so far to the Brave skin, it's definitely going in the right direction. I did notice some things I wanted to point out though. The banner still shows the old one until the new one is loaded over the top of it, is this something that can be fixed? I've also noticed that people with long signatures seem to brake the forum borders when the browser is in a smaller window. This doesn't seem to happen with the ip.board skin, but like I mentioned in my last post, it is very white. I have a picture of the issue with the signatures below, but the banner issue is rather hard to catch with an image. I used my awesome windows paint skills to place an orange arrow near what I'm referring to, and I'm displaying the issue in both dragon and firefox.

I didn't figure it was that big of a deal since once the banner is loaded it covers it up, but if it is then I can make something else to flow across. As for the signatures, that's likely only able to be solved by lowering the max width allowed of signatures, which honestly wouldn't be a bad thing to do from reading others thoughts earlier in the thread about it. Current width is set at like 620 pixels I believe, which is more than enough for a signature.

Once I get everything sorted and get the bugs worked out and such, I'll be wanting to install another theme for those who want a lighter theme than Brave, but think the IP.Board skin is too bright or white. So if you have any suggestions for themes you're more than welcome to post some suggestions of skins. Google IPB skins or something if you have time and feel like it. I've only found one light theme I like, but it isn't free so I'm a bit iffy on it because of that. I'm actually working on re-creating our old custom skin I had made back when we used vBulletin, I don't know if you liked it though.

It isn't that I think it's a big deal, but rather that it looks unprofessional. I just think having a skin that doesn't work properly, unnecessarily disguises the true amount of work that goes into this forum. Either way, I'll survive just fine, I just thought I'd bring it up so it could hopefully be fixed. At the end of the day it's your site, if you're ok with it, don't worry about it. I personally wouldn't put too much into fixing these problems if I'm the only one who's bringing them up.

I did take a quick look at the skinbox site, but said fuck it when I saw the price tag for a single skin. As far as what skin I like, I don't really care how they look. I do think IP.Board is a bit whiter then it needs to be, but it's not insultingly white. I could easily live with it if I needed to. I also liked the old one and would be fine if it returned. IMHO though, the Brave skin doesn't really seem worth the trouble you're putting into it.

If I used the 5 day trial of ipboard, could I hack at the IP.Board skin and then export the result? I think a black version of it, with a banner on top, would look pretty nice. My web design skills are limited to basic html, but I'd still be willing to stab at it awhile.

I did take a quick look at the skinbox site, but said fuck it when I saw the price tag for a single skin. As far as what skin I like, I don't really care how they look. I do think IP.Board is a bit whiter then it needs to be, but it's not insultingly white. I could easily live with it if I needed to. I also liked the old one and would be fine if it returned. IMHO though, the Brave skin doesn't really seem worth the trouble you're putting into it.

If I used the 5 day trial of ipboard, could I hack at the IP.Board skin and then export the result? I think a black version of it, with a banner on top, would look pretty nice. My web design skills are limited to basic html, but I'd still be willing to stab at it awhile.

There is several places for free skins on the internet. =p

Yes, you could always re-color it.

• Nekone locked this topic