New Co-Admins

Koby

I understand you, Anras.  That is why I posted what I did, to show I got what you meant.  :)

Appreciated. lol

And it appears I could've answered my question by looking at the view updates thing, silly me it seems. Oh well

Your welcome.  I'm glad to be of service. You probably could have answered yourself that way, but it's okay.  :)

I don't know what can be done about the apparent obsolescence of the Super Mod position. In truth, I would like to see some subforum-specific mods, especially for the Anime & Manga and Gaming subfora. I do the occasional dive, but I haven't a vested interest in anime so it's hard for me to stay there long without my eyes glazing over. Perhaps a brave soul to mow the grass at the Two Cents subforum from time to time.

I view myself more as a person more vested in mingling with the community and performing customer service vice keeping things running tech-wise behind the scenes, where I suspect IP will be able to help them better in that regard than I would be able to with my limited knowledge (amassed from lurking on threads and trying to listen without falling asleep on my keyboard). Organising events and brainstorming is rather fun for me, as well doing paperwork and keeping things somewhat neat, so the lame repetitive stuff that needs to be done on the forum I enjoy well enough. My only regret is my eyes tire easily after staring at a screen for so long, and my attention tends to wander after working at something for extended periods.

Also I tend to leave my browser logged in even when I'm not using my computer, so I'm really just kind of idling on the forum rather than actively browsing it all the time, haha. I check it regularly and do have the luxury of being able to be present so much, but we all seem to work different schedules and since lives are constantly in flux, having a larger spread of power, while apparently imbalanced, ought to keep the forum afloat should any one of us require an extensive vacation.

lol. I remember when me and Razor tried to make a case for Literature Section Moderators and he ended being made a SMod like a week later. Librarian Mods or something, haha. Good times, good times.

I always assumed that the larger volume of overall mods was basically to counteract the haphazardness of the Anime and Gaming sections many fora and sub fora. Hence why I thought we'd never had an forum specific mods, other than UpMod and the old RPMod that we used to have. Makes sense I suppose. I mean I've been on forums we they have things like Fora Mods, Section Mods, Global Mods (for an enitre sub fora root, not the whole site...-_-) then Super Mods or whatever name they are called. After that you things like Co Admins, Admins, Global Admins, etc... Unwieldy and overcomplicated.

As long as they are active things are good I suppose, but no matter anyhoo. We now have EO with CoAd super powers, the forum is safe...XP 

Ah, I just think having subforum specific moderators keeps them focussed at the task at hand. It is easy to spread yourself thin. The Graphical Division is, from what I've observed over the past year, one of best run subfora here. I've rarely done a thing in there aside from, like, cleaning up random spambots. Apollo and Poe are still free to act as regular members in the rest of the forum while maintaining order in their subforum. There is no expectation of them to make sure the Balamb Cafe stays clean, and if they don't care a whit about Naruto or Final Fantasy, they don't have to enter that subforum if they don't want to.

Having a disproportionately large staff and chain of command can definitely become unwieldy, especially for forum owners who like to keep things more or less cohesive. Larger fora seem to segregate the community, such that the staff of one area of the forum have little to nothing to do with staff of another section. I doubt we'll have that kind of problem since Kametsu caters to a niche vice attempting to be a massive general board, haha.

I tend to be active in most parts of the forum except a few, there was a stage where all I did was obsses what was going on in the GFX dep but that has since died down and I am pretty much only active in the part of the world with my Request thread and the odd SOTW and BOTM.

Pretty much I am more active in the Anime and Gaming sections, but I still see myself as an all rounder except for a few places.

Also I tend to leave my browser logged in even when I'm not using my computer, so I'm really just kind of idling on the forum rather than actively browsing it all the time, haha. I check it regularly and do have the luxury of being able to be present so much, but we all seem to work different schedules and since lives are constantly in flux, having a larger spread of power, while apparently imbalanced, ought to keep the forum afloat should any one of us require an extensive vacation.

The Idle Co-Admin, always keeping watch even if it is only in spirit ;)

I guess thats one way to look at the large spread of power, there is always a back up.

Totally agree. I just keep myself to what I listed above. Every now and then I visit the other areas.  But I'm best at the anime, gfx, and uploading sections.  I'm not good with things like techie and gaming stuff.  Nothing wrong with an idol staff, because we know they are still there.  :D

Edited by Dreamcastor