Final Fantasy XIII-3

kuulaznguy

the trailer's been out for awhile, but has anyone watch it yet. I don't really mind the XIII saga, but I think the design for XIII-3 is getting ridiculous. I know they're trying something new and what not, but Lightning's new look just looks horrible to me. Should've kept her valkyrie or old costume.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmD8XY6tf5U

I'm a bit... tired of the FFXIII franchise. I was looking forward FFXIII-2 when I heard about the multiple endings. I thought that meant different play-throughs, creating differences in storyline. But what it was, was 'you can go back and end it here'. It wasn't a bad game but I should have rented it rather than bought. I don't mind her costume, it is a little bit too busy. And yes, I did like her other costumes more! though she has an obvious shield, so more guarding fun! The glasses at the end just felt stupid to me.

I like what they're trying to do with the game though. It looks like they're adding in a day/noon/night system and making the open world more sandbox-ish. That annoyed me about FF13s, they felt too restricting. So I'm hoping this one will be better.

I'm a bit... tired of the FFXIII franchise. I was looking forward FFXIII-2 when I heard about the multiple endings. I thought that meant different play-throughs, creating differences in storyline. But what it was, was 'you can go back and end it here'. It wasn't a bad game but I should have rented it rather than bought. I don't mind her costume, it is a little bit too busy. And yes, I did like her other costumes more! though she has an obvious shield, so more guarding fun! The glasses at the end just felt stupid to me.

I don't like games with multiple endings like that. Feels to me like less freedom rather than more. So XIII-2 is just right.

And the glasses at the end feel quite Matrixy. Good movies those

eh... i'm going to buy the game just for the sake of completing the darned storyline. it's been long enough and i just want a happy ending already.

anyway, i'm a bit worried on how the game will play mechanics wise. people who've played xiii and xiii-2 have become used to the paridigm shifts however that requires at least two members to activate. the point of the paridigm shift was to give some freedom to the player so that he or she can strategize on how to best use their own characters by switching up thier roles and playing towards the advantages that a certain combination of these roles gave. without the party member system, the paridigm shift bonus will be basically gone and now it's just straight up role change with less stratigization.

with that said, what's up with Hope being the narrator for that trailer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was introduced to FF when I was younger but I never actually got the opportunity to play the game.

I have XIII-2 (for almost 6 months+) and it was the first Final Fantasy game I ever bought. I am only up to the first boss and I am already struggling, thus turning me off the game a bit. I already know the ending of the game, I've seen it on Youtube, and I have to agree with what everyone else is saying, I mean, how many FF do we need? Can't we just have a good end to the story instead of a dragged on series of games that everyone is starting to get bored of?

Excited 20%, Bored 80%.

• 2 weeks later...