Terraria.... Coming to a Xbox and PS3 console near you!!!

J-Lord

Hello fellow Kametsu!!!

I know for a fact that there a few users on the forums who just love Terraria, now I know Terraria is best played on the Computer and Laptop and it brings hours of fun, but think for just a moment.. what would it be like on a console? Could it beat the PC classic at its own game? What do I think???? No...........But I am a Terraria fan and I am excited at the though at playing Terraria all over again on my Xbox Console. To keep it short and simple Terraria is coming out of the PS3 and X-box 360 consoles and is looking to stay true to the PC classic....... Oh besides the fact that it has new content :)

Trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav-h-BWQfY

What are your thoughts??

Edit------

Has an expected Release on XBLA and PSN early 2013.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/11/terraria-coming-to-xbla-psn-early-2013-1-6-million-sold-on-pc/

Edited by J-Lord

Neato. I like Terraria, but it got boring once I did pretty much everything, haha. When is soon, though? Because I'm waiting on Starbound to come out, and if Starbound is out before the release of Terraria on Xbox, I'm probably going to skip Terraria for a bit while I fangirl out about Starbound.

I'm curious how it would play with the controller, though. I've always just played it with with the keyboard and mouse--I know there are mods to let you play it with a gamepad. Has anyone tried that?

It just depends on what you like in your sandbox games. Terraria, to me at least, has more adventure/RPG elements than Minecraft, which, from my limited experience and the things Java and my roommate do with the game, is more about building things and exploring.

There are exploration and construction elements in Terraria, but they're a bit more simplified, so they can allow you to focus more on adventuring. Like in Minecraft, you have the grid for making items--in Terraria, as long as you had all the pieces and the proper tools (workbench, smelter, &c), you can build it. If I remember correctly, some people actually got a little peeved that adventure/RPG elements were added to Minecraft because they felt it went against the nature of the game.

awesome can't wait hope its multiplayer it should be

I would expect this too of a Terraria game seeing as all I use the game for is to have fun with mates, it is fun one player but is at it's best with 2.

Neato. I like Terraria, but it got boring once I did pretty much everything, haha. When is soon, though? Because I'm waiting on Starbound to come out, and if Starbound is out before the release of Terraria on Xbox, I'm probably going to skip Terraria for a bit while I fangirl out about Starbound.

I'm curious how it would play with the controller, though. I've always just played it with with the keyboard and mouse--I know there are mods to let you play it with a gamepad. Has anyone tried that?

Apparently early 2013, I cannot get more exact then that sorry, I updated the first post with the release details.

Same mouse and keyboard has been the only way I have played this game, I am a little unsure on how well a controller will play out with it but I'm sure it won't suck.....I hope.

It just depends on what you like in your sandbox games. Terraria, to me at least, has more adventure/RPG elements than Minecraft, which, from my limited experience and the things Java and my roommate do with the game, is more about building things and exploring.

There are exploration and construction elements in Terraria, but they're a bit more simplified, so they can allow you to focus more on adventuring. Like in Minecraft, you have the grid for making items--in Terraria, as long as you had all the pieces and the proper tools (workbench, smelter, &c), you can build it. If I remember correctly, some people actually got a little peeved that adventure/RPG elements were added to Minecraft because they felt it went against the nature of the game.

I have always like Terraria over Minecraft for those same reasons, the terraria game just seems to have things that minecraft does not, not to mention the characters you make in Terraria always give that funny stupid feel about them which makes seeing your makes funny but also awesome in the game.

Yeah I'll admit all this stuff with potions and enchanting is starting to go over my head in Minecraft.

I just enjoy destroying ecosystems by strip mining mountains. :3

You think potions are tough, I tried a minecraft mod know as Tekkit... The amount of things you can do in the mod are overwhelming, makes minecraft seem...not so minecrafty.

Huh, I wonder how the hotkey system would work. I'm sure they would probably remove the 1-9 aspect and just use the bumpers/top shoulders buttons to cycle through the items. Interesting. I would much rather, however, slap a wireless keyboard down on my lap and lay out my futon and play on my xbox than hunch over my laptop. I mean it was a great game, until I started to use T-Edit to mod my map and then I went on to cheat and overpower/super modify my character data. Haha.

Great game, I'm glad its jumping platforms now.

While poking around some gamepad mods for Terraria, I did see them talk a little about managing your hotbar. The solution some of them came up with was just sorting it differently so you have your primary weapon in one slot, then to one side is your grappling item and to the other your long distance weapon. Some of them didn't buy it since taking an extra second because you forgot your grappling hook was to the left instead of the right is the difference between latching onto the wall and falling to your death.

It will be interesting to see how they set it up for console play, though. Hopefully you'll be able to assign functions to different buttons like for potions and stuff. I just hope the new content is actually something to warrant repurchasing the game like new monsters, bosses, &c and not just stuff like, "Oh look, new hats! Now you have three extra hairstyles!"

Hello fellow Kametsu!!!

I know for a fact that there a few users on the forums who just love Terraria, now I know Terraria is best played on the Computer and Laptop and it brings hours of fun, but think for just a moment.. what would it be like on a console? Could it beat the PC classic at its own game? What do I think???? No...........But I am a Terraria fan and I am excited at the though at playing Terraria all over again on my Xbox Console. To keep it short and simple Terraria is coming out of the PS3 and X-box 360 consoles and is looking to stay true to the PC classic....... Oh besides the fact that it has new content :)

Trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav-h-BWQfY

What are your thoughts

NO!! Maybe the Wii but on xbox and/or ps3?!! No just no

NO!! Maybe the Wii but on xbox and/or ps3?!! No just no

Why no? What difference does it make what games are released on a console? It's not like it detracts from the other games that are released on it, somehow managing to diminish the quality of them just by existing.

In my quest to look up some more information, I've read some reactions to this development. Some people have some ridiculous things to say about it. I guess they never got over the fact that the developer had to step away from the game to raise a family.

• 2 weeks later...

Never really liked this game but I may give it a try once it's on ps3....maybe

Everyone has there games they like and dislike, I believe though that you should at least give a game a try at least once.....as long as it doesn't leave you with a hole in your pocket in doing so hahaha. This game I would say is more of a game that you would play with friends that don't mind a bit of stupidity while playing, if you were to play this as a single player game I would say it looses some of it's charm and is not as fun.

On the PC version I once built a underwater house (As I had the ability to swim fast and live underwater without dying. I also built the house out of hell stonebrick, this brick hurts you when you walk on it unless you have an obsidian skull equiped. Why did I build such a horrible place to live? It stopped my brothers sneaking into my house and causing havok. Did it work? nnnnoooooo......Still it was a good house while it lasted.

Edited by J-Lord
  • Like 1

Never really liked this game but I may give it a try once it's on ps3....maybe

Everyone has there games they like and dislike, I believe though that you should at least give a game a try at least once.....as long as it doesn't leave you with a hole in your pocket in doing so hahaha. This game I would say is more of a game that you would play with friends that don't mind a bit of stupidity while playing, if you were to play this as a single player game I would say it looses some of it's charm and is not as fun.

On the PC version I once built a underwater house (As I had the ability to swim fast and live underwater without dying. I also built the house out of hell stonebrick, this brick hurts you when you walk on it unless you have an obsidian skull equiped. Why did I build such a horrible place to live? It stopped my brothers sneaking into my house and causing havok. Did it work? nnnnoooooo......Still it was a good house while it lasted.

Hahaha well I'll certainly give it a go