Total – 737

HP – 755/897 = 897 * 1

Magic – 425 = 425 * 1

Hit – 375 = 375 * 1

Dodge – 379 = 379 * 1

Items –

{active} [T1 Helm] Halloween Pumpkin Head (+7% dex) <8b34b90c>

Exp – 50 => 97

Hawkester hears a thump as Dae314's body hits the ground. Nothing else happens. Listening closely, Hawkester can pick up the smallest sounds around him. The wind weaves its way through the branches of the forest near by, and a few forest animals have begun to come out after the storm. Paying close attention to the ground under his feet, Hawkester is even able to sense the vibrations each small animal makes as it scampers around and roughly locate its position. More importantly, Hawkester can hear Dae314's steady breathing a few meters away as well as feel the rhythmic vibrations in the ground caused by his heart beat. But Dae314 doesn't move. "Don't worry, the blindness should wear off eventually" Dae314's voice rings out somehow above and behind of Hawkester. Hawkester tenses noticeably. Dae314's body hasn't moved. There wasn't even any vibrations in the ground from his speech. But Hawkester clearly heard the voice come from somewhere above and behind him. "Well, I say that but you probably won't get to find out. By the way, you must be very confused right now as to why my voice isn't coming from my body" Dae314's voice rings out absurdly from three directions behind Hawkester now.

(Miss: 0% RNG: 83)

"It's not much of a mystery, I'm just using the doors to confuse you" the three sources of Dae314's voice start moving in slow patterns around Hawkester. "More importantly, where did you get that knife? I know it's not yours, it doesn't have your aura on it. Plus, why would you bother to imbue your butter knife with a paralysis spell? Seems like that would give you problems when you try to butter your toast in the morning." Hawkester, who was beginning to wonder why Dae314 wasn't attacking yet, hears this and decides to take the offensive. However as he begins to shift his weight forward, something firm suddenly coils around his legs rooting him in place. "I can't let you do that just yet" the three sources of Dae314's voice sing out while still circling Hawkester. Reaching down, Hawkester realizes that pumpkin vines are holding his legs down. "Not much of a mystery with those either my friend," the Dae314 voices droll on, "you were so distracted trying to keep track of my voice that you didn't notice that I was growing pumpkin vines little by little with every heart beat. You really need to work on paying attention to all your senses; I've had tons of practice with this pumpkin mostly obscuring my vision from a while ago." A sudden vibration rocks the ground, but Hawkester is unable to react with his legs secured. A sharp pain rips into Hawkester's knife arm as he feels another pumpkin vine restraining him. "Well, if you're not going to tell me then I'll just have to find out myself," the three Dae314 voices stop swirling and converge into one voice directly in front of Hawkester as the last syllable is uttered. In his left ear, Hawkester feels Dae314's warm breath as he whispers in a threatening hiss, "you'll let me borrow it right?" With that, five pumpkin vines leap out of the ground and pierce Hawkester's torso in various vital areas. After confirming his kill, Dae314 releases the pumpkin vines and lets Hawkester's corpse flop to the ground.

Hawkester takes 148 damage

Hawkester has died.

Dae314 gains 47 EXP

Edited by Dae314

Level – 0

Str – 142 = (131 + 0) * 1.08

Int – 145 = (138 + 0) * 1.05

Dex – 140 = (140 + 0) * 1

Spd – 154 = (154 + 0) * 1

Luk – 102 = (97 + 0) * 1.05

Total – 683

HP – 846/846 = 846 * 1

Magic – 392 = 373 * 1

Hit – 331 = 309 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 331 * 1

Items –

{active} [T2 Acc] Halloween Pirate Eye Patch (+8% str) <c88b1d3c>

{active} [T1 Wep] Saruman's Butter Knife (+5% int, +5% luk) <4057bfb9>

Exp – 14 => 32

Deciding that he might as well take the knife, Dae314 reaches down and picks up the knife before walking away. Flicking the knife around in his hand, Dae314 smiles before taking one last look back at the corpse of Hawkester. As he turns around, Dae314 widens his eyes in surprise as Hawkester's corpse is no longer there. Suddenly his hand is grabbed and dislocated as the knife in said hand was taken. Dae314 quickly jumps forward and turns around to see an alive Hawkester. "Surprised?" says Hawkester, "Well then here's another surprise for you. I can see again." With that Hawkester grins before moving fast towards Dae314.

(Miss: 13%, RNG: 79)

Dae314 quickly moves into a combat stance and lashes out a kick at Hawkester. Hawkester manages to dodge at the last second, before smacking Dae314 in the face with his elbow and going to stab Dae314 in the face. Dae314 dodges and dashes backwards before making a door appear and leaping through it. Suddenly he stops moving forward as someone pulls him back. "I've had enough of your godlike powers" says Hawkester before he pulls Dae314 back through the door and throws him into the ground. As Dae314 recovers and looks up, he sees Hawkester making a terrifying face as he says "I know that this is just a butter knife, which is why I'm stabbing you with it rather than try to slash you with it." With this he stabs Dae314 in his lung area with his knife as he pins Dae314 down.

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and is at 613 HP.

Hawkester gains 18 EXP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I just made this thread darker. Btw here's the face I had in my mind when I typed "terrifying face"

Ch09-020.jpg

Or this. I'm not sure which is more terrifying

Untitled.png

Edited by Hawkester

Level – 1

Str – 148 = (148 + 0) * 1

Int – 140 = (140 + 0) * 1

Dex – 151 = (141 + 0) * 1.07

Spd – 153 = (143 + 10) * 1

Luk – 145 = (145 + 0) * 1

Total – 737

HP – 613/897 = 897 * 1

Magic – 425 = 425 * 1

Hit – 375 = 375 * 1

Dodge – 379 = 379 * 1

Items –

Exp – 97 => 12

Not a second passes with Hawkester on top of him before Dae314 summons another door under himself. Hawkester and Dae314 fall through the door before Hawkester can withdraw the knife to stab again, and Dae314 uses the opportunity to kick Hawkester away from himself. Hawkester manages to keep hold of the knife as he's kicked away causing the knife to exit Dae314's wound rather messily. Ignoring the pain, Dae314 twists his body into an aerodynamic shape and rockets downward. Hawkester tries to follow, but in the time it takes him to react, Dae314 has already gained an appreciable distance. Dae314 summons a large double-door below his flight path and punches through the doors smashing them off their hinges and costing Dae314 some momentum. Safely through the door, Dae314 turns around and summons another identical double door frame some ways directly above the first so that Hawkester will be unable to follow. Glancing down just in time, Dae314 manages to land back on top of the cliff on his hands and execute a backwards roll to avoid any fall damage.

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 15)

Dae314 approaches the side of the cliff where Hawkester is stuck in an endless door loop in mid-air. Checking the wind to make sure Hawkester does not get blown into range of one of the overly large door frames, Dae314 turns around and collects some leaves from the forest. Returning, Dae314 sits down and watches Hawkester fall endlessly, careful to move the door frames whenever the wind blows Hawkester into range of grabbing on to it, while dressing his wound using some leaves, pumpkin juice, and his pumpkin vines to hold things together. With that done, Dae314 decides to have some fun. Hawkester is stuck in an infinite loop some ways from the cliff edge, so Dae314 summons a normal round brass doorknob in his hand and pitches it at Hawkester as he's falling. The first doorknob misses. The second doorknob misses. Hawkester is falling at terminal velocity by now and is a pretty hard target to hit. After another six or seven tries, Dae314 is still unsuccessful.

Hawkester, realizing what is happening orients himself to face Dae314 and calls out, "that all you got?" Dae314 laughs from the cliff side and begins throwing door knobs at a break-neck pace. They all miss, and Hawkester manages to get ahold of some as they fly by. Mid-fall, Hawkester tries to throw the ones he caught back at Dae314, but this proves to be a rather difficult task as well with many door knobs going high or bouncing off the cliff below Dae314's feet. This wacky game of catch where nobody ever manages to throw straight goes on for several minutes before both Hawkester and Dae314 are pretty tired. Dae314 stops throwing doorknobs and sits down on the cliff out of breath but smiling to himself at the silliness of the situation. Noticing this, Hawkester takes careful aim with his last doorknob and times his throw with all the experience he received over the past several minutes. Whipping his arm around at exactly the time he calculated, Hawkester tosses the doorknob with sinister accuracy right into a door frame as he passes by. Unluckily for him, the door knob rebounds off the frame at at just the right angle to have the doorknob return back and hit him in the head. Dae314 sees Hawkester's body go limp as he falls through the doors and realizes what happened. The cliff top rings with Dae314's laughter as he decides to go rest in the forest and let Hawkester continue falling until he wakes up.

Hawkester takes 148 damage and is at 698 HP.

Dae314 gains 15 EXP.

Level – 0

Total – 683

HP – 698/846 = 816 * 1

Magic – 392 = 373 * 1

Hit – 331 = 309 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 331 * 1

Items –

Exp – 32 => 50

As Hawkester slowly regains consciousness, he quickly notices that he is still stuck in the endless door loop. Looking around as he continously falls, Hawkester fails to see Dae314 in the immediate vicinity. Figuring that it would be better if he knew Dae314's location before escaping the door loop, Hawkester focuses his senses, using the experience he gained from when he was blinded, and senses Dae314's sleeping figure in the forest nearby. Noting the location for later use, Hawkester decides that he has had enough and quickly mutters "Well two can play at that game". Focusing the Kei in his body towards his knife, Hawkester slashes downwards just as he exits the upper door causing a Kei wind slash to fly out of his knife into the lower door and destroying it. The slash continues and smacks into the cliff top below causing a large noise (similar to those comedical sounds when protaginasts make holes in the ground in animes) to sound out. Due to Newton's Laws of Physics, since Hawkester slashed downwards, the recoil momentum from the slash slowed Hawkester significantly to the point where he was able to land and roll once he hit the ground to avoid damage. Seriously annoyed from Dae314's doors now, Hawkester sprints towards Dae314's location and uses his Kei to increase his movement speed.

(Miss: 13%, RNG: 69)

Hearing a loud noise sound, Dae314 suddenly wakes up from his nap in the forest. He detects that the sound resonated from the direction of endless door loop, he mutters "He couldn't have escaped, could he?". Suddenly noticing motion in his peripheral vision, Dae314 looks slight to his left to see what seems to be focused wind speeding towards him. Dae314 quickly jumps out of the way as the focused wind continues on its path destroying several trees before it dissipates. Looking in the direction from whence it came, Dae314 sees a small object flying towards him and he instinctively reacts by redirecting it straight upwards. Recognizing the object as Hawkester's knife, Dae314 is given no more time to think as Hawkester is quickly on top of him as he roundhouse kicks Dae314. Dae314 quickly jumps up and begins to trade hits with Hawkester as they begin another one of their high speed hand-to-hand fights. Although neither takes any direct hits, Dae314 notes that Hawkester is somehow moving even faster.

After 10 seconds of fighting and at least one hundred traded hits, Dae314 says to Hawkester "Maybe you should've held onto the knife" whilst continuing the fight. "Maybe I planned it that way" replies Hawkester, before he quickly speeds up and applies a direct hit to both of Dae314's arms causing them to swing backwards, forcing Dae314 to be unable to fight back for a second. But a second is all Hawkester spins around and stabs Dae314 in his shoulder, cutting some tendons, with his knife. Quickly realizing that Hawkester grabbed his knife as it was falling back down to earth when he spun around, Dae314 jumps backwards and sends some pumpkin vines towards Hawkester. Suddenly a large amount of energy is released from Hawkester as he exclaims "External Ballistic Kei!". This energy also causes the pumpkin vines to be ripped from their roots and die. Hawkester then swings his arm, with the knife in hand, in Dae314's direction as he shouts "Dragon Spiral Kei!". All Dae314 sees for the next few moments in focused wind all around him causing him to fly backwards through trees. As he comes to a standstill, Dae314 pushes himself up and shouts "How did you do that". Hawkester's only reply is "Because I am a Kei Artist."

Dae314 takes 142 damage and is at 471 HP.

Hawkester gains 18 EXP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw this is what I meant by the energy and the wind towards the end. (Chrome Shelled Regios, Layfon using his Kei)

90t5.gif

Edited by Hawkester

Level – 1

Int – 144 = (144 + 0) * 1

Dex – 161 = (141 + 0) * 1.14

Spd – 165 = (143 + 10) * 1.08

Total – 763

HP – 471/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 403 = 403 * 1

Items –

{active} [T1 Boots] Old Cloth Sandals (+8% Spd, +7% Dex) <35edc52e>

Exp – 12 => 27

Deciding that it would be in his best interest to NOT fight Hawkester without an arm, Dae314 retreats into the forest. Hawkester chases after him, but Dae314 has too much of a lead, and Hawkester loses sight him in the forest. After quieting his breathing, Hawkester concentrates on the vibrations in the ground and roughly figure out the direction Dae314 is heading. Then, observing the ground where he last saw Dae314 also reveals some drops of blood which should help Hawkester track Dae314 through the forest. Smiling confidently, Hawkester begins slowly, methodically tracking his wounded prey through the forest.

Some distance away, Dae314 stops to rest. Dae314 tries to assess the damage to his arm but without the medical training to mend a severed tendon, he is in a rather impotent. As Dae314 sits under a tree looking up at the into the rather cloudy sky wondering what to do, he spots something in a tree that shouldn't be there. Summoning a small pumpkin vine, Dae314 retrieves the white piece of oddly shaped cloth from the upper branches of one of the trees. The cloth however is quite tangled in the branches and so more vines are sent up to delicately untangle whatever it is from the branches. Hard won success is finally earned, and Dae314 retracts the vines to examine the undamaged cloth thing he just received. They look like some old sandals. With no idea who they belong to, Dae314 experimentally tries one on. The old cloth stretches a bit to nicely conform to Dae314's foot. After dawning the second sandal Dae314 gets up and walks a bit to test them out. The sandals fit well, and the supple but sturdy cloth used to make them simultaneously muffles Dae314's footsteps as well as gives him extra traction and better cushioning while running. Deciding that fixing his arm can wait a while, Dae314 takes off like a bolt through the forest again.

A few minutes later, Hawkester emerges into the clearing. Examining the ground tells him that Dae314 did more than just pass by here. He sees the signs of Dae314's vines on the ground and can see some larger spots of blood where Dae314 rested. However, the trail leading away from the spot is slightly different than the trail he was following. Hawkester decides to keep following the much lighter trail, but keep more guard up in case Dae314 was setting traps with his vines.

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 32)

Meanwhile, Dae314 is much farther away now and has actually arrived at a very large grassy clearing in the forest. The sky, clearly visible now, was beginning to darken although Dae314 judged that this was probably due to the sun setting, not another storm. Several weathered rock formations sprouted from the ground where trees should have been. These were probably just tips of larger rocks buried in the ground preventing the trees from growing too closely together in this area Dae314 considered. A more attentive person might wonder where the buried rocks came from, but Dae314 simply ignores this and sits on top of a flat rock to deal with the problem of his arm. While running, Dae314 realized something he had not thought of before. If he could finely manipulate his pumpkin vines to remove the tangled cloth sandals from a tree, it should be possible to replace some muscles with them. It would hurt but he had to try.

Somewhere farther away in the forest, Hawkester hears a piercing howl break through the still air of the forest. Alarmed, Hawkester looks around prepared for an attack, but he doesn't sense any danger. The howl stops a few seconds later, and Hawkester quickly examines the forest around him. The air is still, and the various animals and insects around him seem to not be bothered by the noise. No queer vibrations can be felt in the ground, and things seem to be generally pretty calm. Another piercing howl breaks through the heavy veil of tranquility in the forest, but this one is much shorter, and the veil is quickly pulled back. This time Hawkester recognizes Dae314's voice and decides to abandon the path he's on and just head toward the source of the sound.

Soon enough, Hawkester emerges into the clearing where Dae314 was resting. The sky is a noticeably darker grey by this time, as the last of the suns light makes its retreat for the day. In the cloudy twilight of the forest, Hawkester goes to examine the one out of place element in the clearing. On a flat rock not far from where Hawkester emerged, is a copious quantity of blood spilled messily around the area. Suddenly, from his right the familiar sound of a wooden door closing causes Hawkester to turn, ready to fire a blast of kei at Dae314. However Hawkester stops. Standing before him is a figure who's unmistakably wearing Dae314's pumpkin, but its left arm... the blood dripping mass of grossly oversized vines intertwined together in a messy but deliberate array is something that seems to suck all the humanity out of Dae314's figure. But from it comes Dae314's voice, "you know, the vines need energy. That's why they always go into the ground first to suck out the nutrients from there to grow and move. I never considered that the vines could suck energy from elsewhere."

Hawkester is confused at Dae314's words, but on confirming his target by voice, he releases a short blast of kei in Dae314's direction. The blast flies through empty air into the open door that Dae314 is suddenly standing next to. "Typical male, doesn't bother to notice a fashionable shoe change," Dae314 taunts before reappearing behind Hawkester and delivering a frighteningly well placed elbow to the back of Hawkester's head. "Maybe you can see them better from down there."

Dae314 is right, Hawkester falls while his consciousness slips with every inch his body gets closer to the ground and notices something dirty and white on Dae314's feet. Hawkester doesn't get enough time to process further before hitting the ground completely unconscious.

Hawkester takes 148 damage and is at 550 HP.

Dae314 gains 15 EXP.

=================================================================================

Sorry for the really long post, but I had to deal with the severed tendon AND the new boots in the same post >.<

Edited by Dae314

Level – 0

Total – 683

HP – 550/846 = 816 * 1

Magic – 392 = 373 * 1

Hit – 331 = 309 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 331 * 1

Items –

Exp – 50 => 72

Waking up, Hawkester sits straight up and looks around. Failing to see Dae314 in the immediate vicinity, Hawkester closes his eyes and stretches his senses outwards and after a few seconds of sensing, he fails to sense Dae314 anywhere near him. Figuring that Dae314 must've run off again, Hawkester scratches the back of his head before looking up at the sky. "Guess that you're a monster now, huh Dae" mutters Hawkester to himself "Well I guess that's my fault for forcing you into this corner. Well anyway, let's see ... energy sucking vine arm, what I believe was cloth shoes although they were very dirty, a increase in speed again and the possibility that Dae is a girl ... hmm..." Hawkester runs through what he remembers just to check his memory. "I'm surprised that I haven't had any amnesia or brain damage with all of the blows to the head that I've been receiving" says Hawkester as he once again scratches the back of his head. "Maybe that's the way that they figure they can stop me from doing too much damage to them, guess that means that I'll have to try and stop myself from being knocked unconscious ... tch, not much I can do about that. Well time to find Dae."

Hawkester quickly jumps up to his feet before quickly kneeling down and placing his hand on the ground. Stretching his senses out Hawkester attempts to sense traces of Dae314's path. Sensing that Dae314 headed north, Hawkester narrows his senses towards the northern direction allowing him to sense much farther ahead. Sensing Dae314 moving further away, Hawkester stands straight up. Picking up his knife, Hawkester says "Well I guess that it's up to me to end your monstrosity Dae..." Hawkester then throws the knife upwards before catching it and sheathing it "...by ending your life."

Focusing the kei in his body, Hawkester then begins to get ready to move before muttering "Lightning Kei, Lightning Speed." Hawkester then takes off at a speed that is impossible to see with human eyes, heading in Dae314's direction.

(Miss: 18%, RNG: 93)

Meanwhile, Dae314 has spent the time to stop any bleeding and continue moving away from Hawkester and his dangerous Kei techniques. Suddenly Dae314 feels like someone is watching him and spins a sends a pumpkin vine flying into the bushes. Feeling that his vines connected with something, Dae314 retracts the vines only to see that the vines penetrated the body of a rabbit. "Hmph, just my imagination, there's no way Hawkester could've woken up and caught up to me by now, if there's even a way if he knew where I went."

"Well then it's a good thing that I do know where you went" says a voice from behind Dae314. Quickly spinning around, Dae314 can only watch as a leg connects with his face and sends him flying backwards. Standing back up and flexing his pumpkin arm, Dae314 asks "How did you catch up to me after only 3 hours since I knocked you unconscious? You should've only woken up 30 minutes ago. It's impossible for you to be here!"

"Well would you like to see how? Well then let me show you" replies Hawkester before muttering "Lightning Ke...?!" As Hawkester begins to mutter, Dae314 realizes that he is about to use another Kei technique. Determined to stop him, Dae314 sends vines from his vine arm towards Hawkester, forcing Hawkester to dodge. "Guess I should've expected that huh? But I won't be stopped. I will destroy that arm of yours this time and remove that monstrosity! Lightning Kei, Lightning Speed!" exclaims Hawkester as he suddenly disappears.

Looking around him, Dae314 is unable to see Hawkester anywhere but he feels the wind speeding up all around him before a cut appears on his right shoulder. Widening his eyes, Dae314 is surprised. Suddenly Hawkester appears before him, and before he knows it, Hawkester has thrust his hand right through the Dae314's vine arm. Hawkester quickly jumps back. "I told you, I will remove that monstrosity."

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and is at 329 HP.

Hawkester gains 22 EXP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I would respond to your long post with another long post.

Welcome to the Light Novel: Epic Forum RPG Battle :P

Edited by Hawkester

Level – 1

Total – 763

HP – 329/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 403 = 403 * 1

Items –

Exp – 27 => 42

Dae314 simply stands there staring eerily at Hawkester. Despite night having fallen and the clouds in the sky blocking out most of the moon's light, somehow Hawkester couldn't shake the feeling that Dae314 was smiling at him through the pumpkin. "You know, the funny thing about this pumpkin," Dae314 comments ignoring the threat in Hawkester's last words, "I can feel everything that happens to it as though it were my own head. That's how I can control the pumpkin vines, although I don't feel anything from those. This pumpkin's connected right to my nervous system some how. The pumpkin also seems to have taken on some of my natural fortitude since no matter how violently you bang it around it never seems to crack. But I don't even know who put the thing on me. I know one thing though: I definitely won't thank them for it."

Hawkester would've attacked by now, but for some reason it feels like Dae314 saw through Lightning Kei the last time he used it and is now simply waiting for Hawkester to use it again.

"There are some perks though," Dae314 hints while a sickening organic crackling sound emanates from the hole Hawkester punched in Dae314's right arm, "physical healing for instance." There are some sounds from the ground as Hawkester realizes that Dae314 just withdrew some pumpkin vines from behind his legs. "By the way, it still really hurts to move my arm too much, and without extra energy from the ground, using my arm like this would kill me pretty quickly so can you refrain from damaging it any further?"

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 39)

With that Dae314 suddenly slams his left arm into the ground. Before Hawkester can react, a small dome of pumpkin vines forms around the two fighters encasing them and blocking out all light. Relying on the experience he had before, Hawkester opens his other senses and prepares to fight however, all he an hear is a strange rhythmic sound followed by a connected vibration.

"Suprised? I know you're good at sensing things, that's how you're able to track me despite my speed. No person can do that only relying on their eyes. That's why I crafted this arena especially for you!" Dae314's voice plays tricks on Hawkesters ears reverberating off the pumpkin vine walls at odd angles due to the curvature of each vine. "That sound you hear? My heart. All the vines here are connected to me, and they all run underground too. Each beat obscures your senses with white noise and allows me to do... THIS!" Dae314 yells as he descends on Hawkester planning to smash him into the ground. However, Hawkester whirls around, dodging the attack and grabs one of the rocks flung up by Dae314's impact.

"You talk too much," Hawkester says curtly as he smashes the rock into what he believes to be Dae314's left arm. The vine dome retracts and Hawkester can once again see Dae314's dark outline breathing raggedly a few meters away. It seems like the rock hit home since Dae314's left arm appears to now be hanging by only a few vines with a large, flat rock wedged between the rest of his arm and his shoulder. In a quick motion, Dae314 wrenches the rock out of his shoulder accompanied by a large amount of blood. Or is it pumpkin juice? It's hard to tell in the darkness. However, Dae314 straightens and appears to be smiling again from inside his pumpkin head.

"Didn't I tell you? As long as there's a source of energy, no amount of damage is irreparable."

Annoyed, Hawkester crouches and readies another Lightning Kei, planning to quickly sever the rest of his arm before he can grow it back, "don't mock me... Lightning Kei!"

Just as Hawkester finishes unloading the kei for the skill though, Dae314 smiles so widely it almost seems to glow from within the pumpkin. "Gotcha--" an instant after Hawkester disappears, Dae314 is holding onto Hawkester's wrist with his right hand. Hawkester's knife only made a small scratch in what was left of Dae314's vines. "You know the part I said about not being able to feel things in the vines? I lied." Dae314 wrenches Hawkester off the ground by his arm and throws him hard against a nearby tree. The tree fully absorbs Hawkester's impact before cracking and crashing down. "Don't underestimate me; you can't possibly defeat me in a contest of speed. All I have to do when I can't see you is wait until I feel your attack make contact. In fact, I get a little extra reaction time due to the small amount of air you move ahead of your attacks when you're only moving that quickly." With that, Dae314 finishes healing his arm and summons a door back to the open field. "I don't really like the trees, it makes things too dark. I'll see you back in the field when you're ready to try to face me again." Right as Dae314 has taken a step toward through the door, he turns around and adds, "oh, and don't think your small set of Kei skills will protect you forever, once I've analyzed an attack, it might as well be useless against me."

Hawkester takes 148 damage and is at 402 HP.

Dae314 gains 15 EXP.

=============================================================================

Btw, it's hard to write usage of your kei techniques to defend yourself because I don't know what they are -_-. Could you link me to a site that lists them so I know how I should have your character defend himself?

Also, although I haven't fully explained the doors, it's pretty easy to have my character defend himself with vines and doors if you want him to :P. The doors pretty much work like portals ^^.

Also hmm... don't take that last statement as "I can now block any lightning kei attack." Just that I'm going to block or at least diminish the effectiveness of a direct damage attempt with lightning kei. If you think of a creative way to use the skill, my character can't do anything about it. That's also why my character's ability set is so dynamic ^^.

Level – 0

Total – 683

HP – 402/846 = 816 * 1

Magic – 392 = 373 * 1

Hit – 331 = 309 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 331 * 1

Items –

Exp – 72 => 94

"Tch that didn't do much, though he will be on the edge incase I use any new techniques which gives him one more thing to think about ..." says Hawkester as he stands up and dusts himself off. "... I guess that means that the last encounter wasn't an entire loss." Hawkester looks around and sighs. "Well anyway I'm not giving up, when Dae dies, even if he brings himself back from the dead at least his humanity will be returned."

Hawkester kneels once again and senses out Dae314's location. Standing up again, Hawkester continues "Though the problem will be killing Dae. Hmm.... Guess I'll have to get creative, tch. I'll also have to keep him in mind as well." With this Hawkester begins moving towards the fields and Dae althought this time he doesn't use his Kei to move as he focuses his Kei on speeding up his body's natural regeneration.

(Miss: 18%, RNG: 19)

Eventually Hawkester arrives at the edge of the forest and the field, and ducking behind a tree on the edge of the forest, Hawkester remains hidden in the shadows as he observes the open field. Looking further out, he sees Dae314 looking towards the forest, obviously waiting for Hawkester to run out of the forest edge. "Hmm... this wont be easy. He's more alert and knows the 3 techniques that I use the most." After a minute or so of thinking and planning, Hawkester starts to move.

Meanwhile, Dae314 stands in the middle of the field as he says to himself "Man I wish he'd hurry up, this waiting is becoming boring." Suddenly Dae314 sees Hawkester fly out of the forest towards him. As Hawkester goes to strike with his knife, Dae314 sends a vine to block him. "I'm surprised that you didn't use Lightning Speed to attack me." says Dae314.

"Yeah, well ... you said it yourself, it won't work on you. So I decided to go with this strategy." Hawkester spins around the vine and goes to strike Dae314. Dae314 smirks.

"Did you forget that I can move the ground with my vines." Suddenly Hawkester goes straight up along the surrounding patch of ground. As Dae314 prepares to take Hawkester out when he lands, he suddenly sees the flying patch of ground cut in half and realizes that Hawkester used his Wind Slash technique.

"No I didn't forget." Hawkester then uses his Dragon Spiral technique straight down towards Dae314 who braces in response. Expecting the be hurt, Dae314 is surprised when all he feels is a gush of wind. Opening his eyes, all Dae314 sees around him is dust when suddenly he hears: "Lightning Kei, Lightning Speed!"

"I thought I already told you that that won't work on me anymore." Feeling the wind moving beside him, Dae314 swings out to grab Hawkester but only manages to grab air as 4 cuts appear on his body. Dae314 then feels the wind moving from behind him and he swings out only to find nothing there as 4 more cuts appear on his body. Realizing that the dust prevents him from accurately feeling the wind from Hawkester's movement, Dae314 prepares himself to respond as quickly as possible when Hawkester next strikes.

"Lightning Kei, Lightning Slash!" says Hawkester as he appears behind Dae and sends the technique flying towards the pumpkin arm. The Lightning Slash goes straight through the pumpkin arm as Dae314 can only look in horror as his entire arm is cut off from his shoulder. He then notices Hawkester fly over his head and land a couple of feet away from him. Hawkester then looks back at Dae314 and smirks as he says, "Like I said before, I didn't forget but thank you for shooting me up in the air, that really helped."

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and is at 187 HP.

Hawkester gains 22 EXP.

=========================

I was sort of creating the techniques on the spot. I don't know if there's a list but this is really a quick overview:

External Type Kei: Used for attack. This Kei is used in the form of a blast to affect surrounding materials.

Internal Type Kei: Used for defense and regeneration. This Kei is used to strengthen parts of the body during battle or to speed up regeneration.

Psychokinetic Kei: Users of this Kei (who are also called Nen-I users) are able to communicate telepathically as well as move objects around telekinetically. The downside of this Kei is that those who are able to use it cannot use External Type Kei or Internal Type Kei because their psychokinesis is a fusion of both Internal and External Kei. A person must be born with a special physical constitution to use this Kei, while the other two can be utilized by anyone with training and a certain level of Kei

Obviously my character is not a Nen-I user. Also the Kei Wind Slash and the Dragon Spiral Kei would be external type kei whilst Lightning Speed was a internal as all it did was speed up my character. I haven't really got a set list of techniques in my head but here's the ones I most likely to use at this moment:

Water Kei, Unnamed - Internal Kei - Speeds up the user's regeneration but does not restore HP. Doesn't have a name. Easiest technique.

Wind Kei, Wind Movement - Internal Kei - Allows the user to move faster but nowhere near as fast as Lightning Speed. Mostly used as it requires next to no effort. Hence how I can keep up with you. Strong Kei users can keep this up indefinitely has the regain their strength faster than it is used.

Wind Kei, Wind Slash - External Kei - Pretty self explanatory. Requires a weapon that can slash (eg. Sword, Knife etc.)

Wind Kei, Dragon Spiral - External Kei - Is a sort of mini-tornado to send the opponent flying (See the gif in my second last post)

Lightning Kei, Lightning Speed - Internal Kei - Merely speeds up the user to a very high-speed which is not visible even to the trained eye. Unfortunately when facing opponents like Dae it can be countered, by feeling the wind moving due to the high speed. Can be used to merely stand in the same spot and deflect projectiles etc.

Lightning Kei, Lightning Slash - External Kei - A faster and more powerful version of Wind Slash, uses electricity instead of wind. Requires a weapon that can slash (eg. Sword, Knife etc.)

Lightning Kei, Lightning Spear - Internal/External Kei - Requires a pointed weapon such as a Sword, knife, spear etc. If used whilst on the ground, it will allow the user to move at a high but visible to the trained eye (eg. yours Dae) towards the opponent although it still makes it almost impossible to dodge. The user moves to the opponent sort of how Superman flys but with the weapon pointing towards the opponent and the user holds onto the weapon with both hands. Creates a sort of cone of Lightning with the sharp point of the cone where the weapon is and the cone continues to cover the entire body. Anything smaller than a human that touches the cone is disintegrated. Also if used from above, it will essentially be the same but once it hits the ground creates a large explosion (see gif below for example). If used from above it Is very exhausting whilst if used from the ground, it is nowhere near as taxing.

Lightning Kei, Lightning Wind - Internal Kei - Is the powered up version of Lightning Speed. Fixes the problem with the wind, as Lightning Wind causes the user to move so fast that the user basically cuts through the wind. Also you can't counter by waiting until you have been hit as the user would've already moved onto the next strike. I'm thinking maybe not this cause it seems a bit OP.

These are all the ones I have in my head for now. Also the Wind Kei ones don't need to be said at all, I just had my character say them to add to the story. The difference between these and the magic spells that you have in the shop, is that these techniques come from the users own strength and external kei techniques require a weapon as the sort of focusing outwards. Like I said I just made these up on the spot :P

9c5a.gif

(The explosion when lightning spear is used from the sky)

Edited by Hawkester

Level – 1

Total – 763

HP – 187/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 403 = 403 * 1

Items –

Exp – 42 => 57

"You've died a couple times haven't you?" Dae314 asks Hawkester from his knees while bleeding profusely from the stump of his left arm. All the pumpkin vines have retracted back into Dae314's pumpkin for the moment. "Did you ever... see someone when you died?" Hawkester decides to disregard Dae314's inane questioning and prepares for a final strike. "Hey now, that's not nice," Dae314 comments tauntingly in response to Hawkester's attack stance, "I ask only because I think she's somehow connected to this pumpkin on my head, and if she's connected to your knife too, you should--" The end of Dae314's sentence is cut off by Hawkester's charge. Hawkester, aiming for his opponent's neck, beelines toward Dae314 knowing that his immense blood loss will prevent him from moving quickly. However, Dae314 disappears. Confused, Hawkester breaks off his charge and realizes that he's no longer in the same area that he was in. Turning around, Hawkester is confronted with an open door. Behind the door, another open door is visible in front of Dae314 summoned right in Hawkester's attack path. "Hmm... well that was a bit unexpected. You know, I still don't have full control over these things, sometimes I can make them, other times they'll just appear on their own," Dae314 comments to no one in particular. Hawkester shatters the door in front of him with a quick kick causing the other door to shatter as well. "Since I can't really move around at the moment, and summoning doors seems to take no energy at all, I propose we play a game."

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 52)

A door appears under Dae314, but before Hawkester can react Dae314 falls through. Six doors appear in front of Hawkester in the field and open up, all revealing darkness. "Four of these doors lead to various isolated places where it will be quite hard for you to find me, one door opens up to a cliff just for good old times sake, and one door, the one with my voice currently coming out of it, leads directly to me." Predicting what Dae314 is planning, Hawkester activates Lightning Kei, Lightning Wind, but before he can fully charge it, all the doors close simultaneously and begin a confusing dance. Spinning around and around, the doors dance before Hawkester as he tries to keep track of the one Dae314's voice was coming from. For forty seconds the doors shuffle around before settling back down in a line.

Hawkester knows that Dae314 is probably healing wherever he went since his arm is no longer laying in the field, but trying to find him without any hint of a direction would take too long. By the time Hawkester caught up, Dae314 would likely be back at full strength. Choosing the wrong door would also cause problems since all but one door probably leads to a location even further from Dae314's position. Hawkester also reasons that Dae314 probably put each door in a dark area where going through would prevent Hawkester from returning. Since every door was dark, it would be impossible to simply lean over the door frame and check what's on the other side. Besides, it's not very clear what would happen to someone who is half through a door when it disappears, and Hawkester isn't willing to risk that. "I'll deal with the consequences of a wrong choice after I make one," Hawkester mutters to himself as he approaches the fourth door from the left.

On grabbing the handle, the other doors disappear. Hawkester turns the knob and pushes the door open to a blast of cold air. From the other side of the door Hawkester hears Dae314's voice, "congratulations--" Mentally thanking his good luck, Hawkester bolts through the door in the direction of Dae314's voice yelling, "Wind Slash!" But all he hears through the darkness is the shattering of wood. Hawkester begins to fall and he hears another door open, "you chose the cliff! hope you have a nice trip; see you next fall! har har. Oh and in case you were wondering, it's so dark because I put this door in the side of the cliff pretty far down. Bye bye now." The last thing Hawkester hears is a door slamming shut.

Hawkester takes 148 damage and is at 254 HP.

Dae314 gains 15 EXP.

=======================================================================

Thanks for the skill list ^^. My doors are pretty OP too, but that's why I always leave an opening with them :P. Speaking physically, with lightning wind, you would basically be moving speed of light if you're literally slicing through air particles. That has all the "speed of light" movement problems we discussed earlier in the random talk thread (what with not being able to breathe or see or... keep your own particles stable...) so it really sounds more like suicide if you think of it that way ^^;

Also FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU you were 1 away from missing and you still cut off my arm T_T.

Edited by Dae314

Level – 0

Total – 683

HP – 254/846 = 816 * 1

Magic – 392 = 373 * 1

Hit – 331 = 309 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 331 * 1

Items –

Exp – 94 => 116

As Hawkester falls, he curses his terrible luck. "Anywhere except this would have been fine. SHIIIIIIIIIITTTTT...." The rest of Hawkester's words are drowned out from the wind around him as he falls. Hawkester continues fall for a few more seconds as he angles his body so that he is facing the cliff face. Dae314 most likely predicted that he would use the cliff face to save himself and hence positioned the door away from the cliff face. As lightning kei circles around Hawkester's body, he releases it and says "Lightning Kei! Lightning Spear!" and smashes into the cliff face. Fortunately due to lightning spear's protective kei as he moves, Hawkester has caused a miniature cave in the side of the mountain which he rests in. "Phew, that was close." Hawkester rests against the wall for a few more moments as he regains his breath and slows his heartbeat. Thinking back he wonders what Dae314 meant if he had seen anyone when he died, and focusing on remembering, for a split second he does remember seeing someone but he is unable to see anymore of that memory. Opening his eyes, he mutters to himself "That was strange, well anyway I burned through a lot of kei, I might as well use this time to regain some of it."

After a few moments of resting, Hawkester gets up and looks down out of his cave as he attempts to see the bottom of the cliff. As he uses his Kei to strengthen his eyes, Hawkester is able to see the cliff floor about another kilometre down. "Alright so now how do I get back up, or should I go down, hmm..." Hawkester then kneels down and attempts to sense whether or not Dae314 is above or below him in height. Sensing Dae314 above him, he begins to stand up when he notices something weird. "That's strange it feels like he's almost directly above me" Extending his senses, Hawkester senses that Dae314 is standing up on top of the cliff that he fell down/ "That arrogant ... tch ... well I'll show him. I'm not sure if any of my techniques can fight gravity but I've never tried so here goes!" With that Hawkester quickly gathers his kei and jumps over the edge of the cave. "Wind Kei! Wind Cyclone!" Focusing the technique on himself, Hawkester's downward momentum stops and he soon begins to go upwards. Increasing the amount of kei in the Cyclone, he begins to fly up even faster.

(Miss: 18%, RNG: 48)

Meanwhile Dae314 is standing on top of the cliff with his still missing arm, "Hopefully that should take care of him this time. I eliminated the problem of him using the wall to slow down but then again, that was when he didn't use or have those kei techniques." Turning around, Dae314 begins to walk away when suddenly he notices all of the wind is being quickly sucked over the edge of the cliff, and turning around once more, he looks just in time to see what seems to be a tornado of sorts reaching all the way up to the clouds. Squinting his eyes, Dae314 fails to see Hawkester "Probably Hawkester trying to save himself, but I don't see him so it must not of worked."

Just as he is about to look away, he suddenly sees a miniature figure in the sky, which is then surrounded by what seems to be electricity. Feeling that he is in danger, Dae314 uses the strongest vines he can to create a dome around him as he sees Hawkester begin to come at him at a great speed. Suddenly the dome begins shaking and seeing parts of the vines falling, Dae314 begins to run away. Suddenly an explosion occurs behind him and sends him over the cliff.

In the middle of the crater created from the explosion, Hawkester stands up but quickly falls to his knees again as he is overtaken by exhaustion from the Wind Cyclone and Lightning Spear. "Tch, I have feeling that he isn't dead just yet."

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and is at 45 HP.

Hawkester gains 22 EXP

===============================================

I forgot to mention that Lightning Wind takes a bit more time to gather the kei for seeing as it's more powerful, so usually I would gather kei for it while listening to the opponent talk, and I would try to keep it as my trump card. You could've used Lightning Speed seeing as its relatively easy to use quickly. So in conclusion, Lightning Wind's opening is the time it takes to gather enough kei. And lets just assume that I can take it, because this is a world where a person can summon cliffs, doors and pumpkin vines and is able to fight effectively with a pumpkin on their head.

When i got 19, I was like What? ... 1 away ... MY LUCK PREVAILS AGAIN

I either miss or I hit, no half assed shots.

Let's have the next two posts the final showdown, where we put all of our strength into our final attacks :D Then most likely you will die, resurrect and kill me in my extremely weakened state.

Just thought of one more technique:

Wind Kei, Wind Cyclone - External Kei - Basically the powered up version of Dragon Spiral, and like all powered up versions, takes more time to charge into the Kei.

And just to recap, your character has seen: Wind Slash, Dragon Spiral, Lightning Slash, Lightning Speed and unknowingly Wind Movement and Lightning Spear (although he doesn't know that it was Lightning Spear, he was just hit with it).

9f3l.gif

(This is sort of what I mean by Wind Cyclone)

Edited by Hawkester

Level – 1

Total – 763

HP – 45/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 403 = 403 * 1

Items –

Exp – 57 => 72

The woman of light stands before me once again. She looks disappointed somehow. Wait, is that a door behind her. She slams it shut without a sound, but I can tell she's angry at something. Angry at me? When the door slammed it felt like she was hitting me in the face. It also felt like a part of me disappeared. Do I even have parts to disappear? She's approaching. I can't get away. No, don't touch me. Stay back! Take your hand away! NO!

Dae314 jolts awake laying face up deep in a pile of soft snow that didn't get a chance to melt yet at the bottom of a cliff. The sky above is not visible through the gloom, or maybe that is the sky being black as night. Wait, is it night still? What time is it? What happened? Where's Hawkester? His confusing thoughts fall away with the snow as Dae314 raises to stand and look up at the sky. Some bones are broken. How many? Don't know. The thoughts return. Whenever he tries to think of something else, one thing always pops up in the way, the woman made of light. Dae314 is only minimally aware that his body has started moving. He watches almost as if he were another person. Floating up and away.

Wait, where am I? Is this the top of the cliff already? But why don't I remember the climb? What's happening? Hawkester is before me. Something's different about him. He's scared. Why? Where'd he go? Is this another one of his skills? No... I hit him. With what? When did I summon all these vines? I've never seen so many. They're beautiful when they're all like this. Swaying, dancing, slithering, moving like a nest of snakes. Hawkester can't hope to get past this. But where is he. Oh, a cyclone formed left of my body. He must be over there. The cyclone stopped? Oh more vines were sent underground to avoid the wind. Clever. Wait, why don't I remember doing this? Am I even fighting? What am I doing? I'm just sitting on the ground. The pumpkin vines around me make me look like some sort of gigantic leech rooted in the ground and feeding... disgusting. Huh? Where did all the pumpkins come from. Did I do that? They're moving. Wait, they look exactly like me. Oh look Hawkester's back. He looks terrified. There must be a hundred of me on top of this cliff.

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 4) <- (WTF!!??)

"This is just too much," Hawkester muttered under his breath in stunned amazement. Standing before him must be over a hundred pumpkin wearing freaks. Something was wrong with Dae314 this time. If Hawkester had to sum it up in one word it would be bloodlust. Sure, Dae314 had displayed bloodlust in the past, but never at this level. It was spine chilling seeing Dae314 stand at the top of the cliff and stare at him. Hawkester felt like he could barely even think, the world seemed to be consumed with an ever growing fiery lust for his death. Something is wrong. Hawkester was right to spend a bit of time in the forest to gather enough energy for at least one more lightning wind. Although all the Dae314 clones looked the same, it was easy to tell which one was real. The bloodlust displayed by him was unmistakably intense. Hawkester burst forward at a speed that left a vacuum behind him where the air had parted too slowly to allow his body to pass homing in on the bloodlust at the center of the pack. He was there. That was the same blood freezing hatred flowing off him like radioactive mist. Hawkester didn't gather enough kei to use any other kei techniques, but at his current speed, even a normal slash with his knife could tear the air apart and cause a small explosion similar to that of a handheld nuke. Hawkester slashed planning to get out of the way before the explosion could engulf him, but something stopped his arm. "No way, I'm moving at at least half the speed of light right now, no human can react that quickly!" Hawkester's dumbfounded thought process ground away at lightning speed, but he couldn't think of any explanation. Dae314 had somehow caught Hawkester's arm and was now holding him slightly off the ground.

That... what just happened? Hawkester was there, then suddenly a whole path of pumpkin-heads collapsed and now I'm holding on to Hawkester? But Hawkester's on my left... or at least where my left used to be. I don't have a left arm. Or do I? No, I turned. When did I turn? He's frozen. Why won't he move? This... hmm? Some pumpkin vines are moving behind me. It looks like a spear. But the end is glowing white. Why is it glowing?

Looking at the pumpkin vine spear, Hawkester felt like all the bloodlust and hatred had sharpened itself and become physical. It was almost glowing, pure white hot bloodlust aimed right at Hawkester's neck. Hawkester wanted to move but he couldn't. The hatred was too real. It felt like no matter what would happen, it would hunt him down and destroy him; it was inevitable. Like death. That's what this was. A physical manifestation of death. Hawkester couldn't move, could hardly breathe as he stared what seemed to be death's own scythe in the face.

I'm going to do it. I can feel it. I'm just waiting for the right moment. The fear in Hawkester is not ripe yet. He needs to fully grasp his situation before the final blow can be delivered. Right at that moment, the spear will take his life. No more than that, it seems like the spear will take his soul too. But... that's wrong. No fighter deserves to go down like this. Helpless, scared stiff and unable to fight back. This wasn't a battle, it was a farce, a play fight put on by my body to get Hawkester right up to his mental limit in order to crush him like some sadistic maniac. This isn't me. Who are you? Why are you doing this? You can't kill him. Only I can kill him. No, Hawkester is ready. It's time to kill him. I will do it. No, I won't. Not if I can help it. You can't help it, you are weak. No. You never did take a fight seriously in your life. No... You're nothing but trash. No... Fighting only for your own enjoyment. It's not-- Using your power to oppress others because it felt good. I didn't-- Using other's bodies like your own play things until they broke like some slave driver. No, that's-- But I love trash like you. No you-- Trash like him. No, no-- But it's time to take out the trash. No! Goodbye. No!!! No, No, No, No. "NOOOOOOO!!!"

It's coming. Death. This time will be different though. No coming back. No more fighting. It will be peaceful finally. But does it really need to be done by this guy. This pumpkin-headed freak of nature? No, I refuse. I will not die here, not to him, not like this. I must escape. There has to be some way.

"Excellent."

"What?" The spear moved. And then Dae314 screamed. At the last centimeter, death turned away from Hawkester's neck and exploded into the ground. Both Dae314 and Hawkester were thrown back by the white light of the explosion's force. All the Dae314 clones were wiped out along with a large portion of the forest nearby. The explosion engulfed the cliff and kept spreading till it seemed to touch the sky. Then, as suddenly as it began, it broke. Like an egg shell cracking, the pristine white shell of the explosion fractured and white light like the sun burst through illuminating the night. Air flowed from the blast zone like a tidal wave causing the cliff to collapse and trees up to seventy miles away to be blown out of the ground.

Just before the explosion, Dae314 thought he heard a voice whispering, "why do you resist me my sweet Dysnomia?" The voice was so obviously feminine and flowed so lightly, it was cruel irony for the astronomical explosion to follow it.

Out of the ashes, a new scared world is born. Flattened to rubble, the cliff battlefield now slumps like a passed out drunkard in the middle of a field of uprooted and half charred trees. As if to contest control of the sky with the fake sun that just struck, the first tendrils of light have begun to sneak their way across the sky to the East.

Hawkester took 9999999^64 damage 148 damage and is at 106 HP.

Dae314 gained 150000 EXP.

Level – 1

Dex – 150 = (140 + 10) * 1

Total – 683

HP – 106/846 = 816 * 1

Magic – 392 = 373 * 1

Hit – 331 = 309 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 331 * 1

Items –

Exp – 16 => 75

Opening his eyes, Hawkester sees tendrils of sunlight coming down from the clouds. Tilting his head to the left, Hawkester sees a flat and barren land, devoid of life. Then tilting his head to the right, he is greeted with the same sight. Looking back straight up, Hawkester continues to lay on the ground for a couple of minutes, only vaguely aware of his surroundings as he looks at the sunlight in disorientation. After a period of time has passed, Hawkester attempts to move his body into a sitting position but is immediately hit by waves of pain. Failing to stop himself, Hawkester lets out a blood curdling scream of absolute pain before being hit by more continuous waves of pain. This continues for a minute or so, until the pain becomes too much to handle and Hawkester passes out.

"Pitiful, aren't you? Being left in this state, you should've just killed him and not even bothered with trying to save him..." echoes a male sounding voice from the darkness that Hawkester awakens to inside his mind. A cackle of laughter then sounds immediately afterwards.

"Shut up. It's my fault that put Dae in that state originally or did you forget that" Hawkester replies without even moving.

"Who cares! He, like the rest, are just worms. Who cares about them, you should just kill them all!"

"I said shut up! I don't want to deal with you right now so just f*** off"

"Tch, touchy aren't we?" More laughter is then heard by Hawkester, "Fine I'll leave you alone for now but you better start moving. That 'worm' isn't dead yet and he's nearly here to kill you."

"Whatever, just leave me alone!"

"Oh and don't forget, the moment you lax control, you're mine!" The voice then burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Waking up, Hawkester almost repeats what happened before, but quickly recalls the previous experience and lays motionless. Attempting to run Kei through his body to speed up regeneration, Hawkester finds that his is unable to. "Oh that's right, I've overloaded my Kei..." Hawkester murmurs to no-one in particular. Hawkester then lapses into unconsciousness again from exhaustion.

"Wake up Hawkester" says a gentle and feminine voice. Hearing this, Hawkester regains consciousness for the third time and hears some sounds to his right and as he tilts his head to the right, Hawkester is just able to make out Dae314 crawling towards him with is blurred vision. Forgetting all about the second voice he heard and failing to sense the blood lust that was quite evident in their last clash, Hawkester takes a risk and calls out "Hey Dae. I guess this means you win, I can barely move but you are still able to crawl here." Chuckling slightly, Hawkester quickly stops when he feels a slight rise in blood lust. "Dae?"

"Sorry Hawkester but I still want to finish this." replies Dae314 as he struggles but succeeds to push himself into a standing position "So stand up if you would please"

Hawkester sighs, "I can sort of feel where you are coming from so alright." replies Hawkester with an understanding tone. Focusing all of his remaining strength, Hawkester slowly but steadily manages to push himself into a crawling position and from there into a standing position. Still feeling slightly disorientated and with his vision partially blurred, Hawkester stumbles a bit but manages to regain control and moves into a fighting stance, to which Dae also moves into a fighting stance. "Right so, it seems the both of us are at our limits. I do not know if Dae still has his powers but I can no longer use Kei until my Kei cools down from over exhausting it. That won't be for a while so I will have to rely on my natural strength and speed." says Hawkester in his head.

(Miss: 13%, RNG: 79)

As both fighters look at each other, and attempt to discern how much strength the other has, it seems Dae314's patience breaks first as he rushes to Hawkester and throws a punch. Hawkester manages to dodge the fist that flys towards him and sends a punch towards Dae314's stomach. Unfortunately Dae314 had already sent his other fist towards Hawkester's face. Hawkester's punch hits Dae314's stomach just as Dae314's punch hits Hawkester's left cheek. Both of the fighters reel from the other's attack. Despite having taken heavier punches than the ones just received, due to the absolute exhaustion that both are currently experiencing, Hawkester loses vision in his left eye and both drop to a kneeling position.

"Losing vision and losing the fight, are we? Maybe I could help you" sounds the voice from Hawkester's head. "Shut up! I don't want to hear it from you, especially from you!" replies Hawkester quickly. As Hawkester looks up towards Dae, his foot moves back and touches something. Looking down, Hawkester sees that his foot hit the hilt of his knife. A plan then quickly formulates itself in his head.

Both fighters then stand up, and move back into their respective fighting stances. This time, Hawkester moves first towards Dae314 and the two throw punches at each other for a short time before Dae314 notices an easy opening and sends a kick into Hawkester's chest causing him to slide backwards and fall on his back. Seeing a chance to win, Dae314 moves closer to attack Hawkester who has moved himself onto his knees and hands. Dae314 sends a punch towards Hawkester in an attempt to kill him but as he does Hawkester quickly spins around and lies on his back as he thrusts his closed hand towards Dae314's chest. Feeling something enter his chest and pierce his heart, Dae314 stops his attack and looks down to see Hawkester's hand closed around a hilt. Remembering Hawkester's knife, Dae314 grins "Damn, forgot about that" and collapses on Hawkester as he dies.

Hawkester then pushes Dae314 off him and stands up. He stumbles backwards quickly but regains control and looks at Dae314, "Sleep peacefully and let that earlier evil die completely, Dae." With this Hawkester turns around and manges to walks 10 steps before he falls to the ground, with his head tilted to the right, Hawkester smiles and lapses into unconsciousness. But seconds before he passes out, he cannot help but wonder what the second feminine voice is.

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and has died.

Hawkester gains 59 EXP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw text like this is basically being said in my head if you didn't already figure that out.

And so ends the arc of the Kei Artist vs. The Evil Pumpkin King.

Edited by Hawkester

• 2 weeks later...

Level – 1

Total – 763

HP – 927/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 403 = 403 * 1

Items –

Exp – 29 => 89

Well now this is different. Dae314 found himself in something of a snowy wonderland. The sky was a flat shade of dark blue with a constant stream of snow raining down like white ash. There was no moon or sun in the sky, but Dae314 has no problem seeing everything around him as though it were noon on a cloudless day. The ground was covered as far as Dae314 can see in deep snow drifts. Dae314 stood knee deep in snow the snow, but it didn't feel at all wet or cold. The snow had a perfect dust like quality to it, light enough to walk through easily, but heavy enough to form clumps to romp through happily, and it was all shockingly white. Looking around himself, Dae314 only saw more snow and dark blue sky. The dark blue sky and bright white ground made a heady contrast that made Dae314's head spin.

Dae314 was quite sure that he was dead. This fact was confirmed by the lack of Hawkester's presence in this world. This world was quite different from Dae314's past encounters with death though. Before, he would be transported to the land of light and nothingness where he would meet the lady of light and be returned to the world. But now, Dae314 was in a land of endless snow. He was also aware of his body and could move around freely unlike before. Looking at the snow again, Dae314 could see that there was also no wind here at all since each flake floats down naturally without any apparent wind pattern.

A plume of white dust flew up to make way for Dae314's body as he flopped down into the snow. Dae314 watched the snow fall for a few minutes then sat up and cradled his head in his hands wondering what to do. But something was wrong. What is it? Dae314 stood up quickly causing more snow to billow up around him. Touching his head frantically, Dae314 realized that his pumpkin is missing. The ground beneath his feet shook.

Turning around, Dae314 found that he was no longer standing in an empty field of snow but an empty field of ash. A volcano erupted noisily like a great old man snoring in his sleep spewing ash across the dark blue sky. Burping like a content drunkard, the volcano let out its first burst of... pumpkins? A thousand, no a hundred thousand pumpkins exploded out of the top of the volcano like pus out of a cyst. As the pumpkins rolled down the volcano to Dae314, a sound like chanting overpowered the erupting volcano. The flow of pumpkins stopped for a second and it felt like the volcano was drawing breath. In the next moment, out of the top of the volcano rolled a pumpkin of unbelievable proportion. It was almost comical watching the pumpkin expand like a balloon to overshadow the entire volcano from peak to base. Although the giant pumpkin was unmarked, Dae314 clearly felt its eyes on him. While he was watching the giant pumpkin emerge, the smaller pumpkins that flowed out of the volcano earlier gathered around Dae314 in a tight circle. The world trembled as the giant pumpkin's words were amplified through each smaller pumpkin acting like remote speakers, "Eris regrets that she couldn't be here for you this time, Dae314, and apologizes. I was sent in her stead. My name is Dysnomia, spirit of lawlessness, one of the fourteen Children of Discord who serve her grace, Eris. Although you already know me pretty well." The pumpkin's voice sounded like that of a drunk bar maid with a slightly scratchy tone made all the more irritating by the surround sound of pumpkins.

"Well met Dysnomia. Although I didn't expect a Child of Discord to be inhabiting my pumpkin." Dae314 rapped his head with his knuckles. "Good to know I've had such a strong ally this whole time."

"Well yes, about that. Eris was... displeased with your interference in the earlier fight against Hawkester, and her grace has asked me to do something about it while she's away."

"What do you mean? Hawkester is my foe, she has no right to kill him."

"Well yes, but I'll be breaking that little rule of yours for you and killing him."

"What--"

"And I'll be borrowing your body until Eris returns to do it so I hope you like the accommodations I made. I always thought Eris' taste in design was a little too... bright."

"Wait--"

"Buh bye now--" The pumpkin's last words rang through the world as everything, the volcano, the other pumpkins, and the ash all disappeared leaving only the flat dark blue sky, the endless drifts of snow, and Dae314 confused and alone.

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 62)

Hawkester blinked blearily at the bright blue sky overhead thinking "shit, I must've fallen asleep." Judging by the position of the sun in the sky, it was already mid-afternoon. The land still looked barren and deserted, but Hawkester felt refreshed. His kei was probably restored back to normal levels. Although it might be a while till he could use some of the more advanced techniques again. Wait... deserted? Looking around frantically, Hawkester searched for Dae314's body that should've been on top of him. "Where--" Hawkester begins to question before he's cut off by a shrill female voice, like that of a child.

"Hellllloooooo!" The voice yells before crashing into the earth scattering rocks and dirt everywhere. Shielding his eyes, Hawkester looks toward the source of the female voice wondering whether she would be a friend or a foe.

Well a foe wouldn't really sound that happy and peppy while descending would an attack would they? Hawkester considered as the dust settled. However, what he saw put him immediately back on guard. Regardless of the voice he had heard earlier, that was clearly Dae314's body and pumpkin head standing whole and unharmed before him at the center of the dust cloud.

"Well you don't have to look so serious," the childish female voice continued in such a dejected tone that Hawkester could almost see the pout beneath the pumpkin.

Without dropping his guard, Hawkester questioned, "Dae314, is that you?"

"Nope! or wait... well Yes I suppose too. I'm not really sure myself." The girlish voice replied while Dae314 scratched the side of his pumpkin.

"Your voice..."

"Who said I can't have more than one voice huh?"

"Um..."

"Well fine then," the girlish voice said with a huff before changing into a deep alluring estrogen charged female voice and replying, "how about this then, tiger?"

Hawkester visibly shuddered at the change in Dae314's voice. Although whether it was because of the voice change or the abrupt change in posture and mannerisms Dae314's body showed, Hawkester couldn't tell. "No, that's all right, you can keep that... other voice if you want. How are you alive? What are you here for?"

"Of course I can keep whatever voice I want silly," Dae314's voice was back to that of a young female child again. "I'm alive because I breathe and my heart beats, and I'm here to kill you of course!" Dae314 said that so happily that Hawkester really wasn't sure whether he (she?) was joking or not. Whatever was happening, if Dae314 and his pumpkin was involved, it couldn't be good.

"Oh! About earlier... Well I kinda am Dae314 since I'm borrowing his body for a while. But my friends also know me as Dysnomia, spirit of lawlessness, one of the fourteen Children of Discord who serve her grace, Eris. I'm here to kill you."

There he (she?) said it again. This time it sounded a bit more formal, although there was still a hint of happy-go-luckiness in there. Hawkester didn't really understand what Dae314 had said before that though. Child of Discord? Her grace Eris? What is this all about?

"Hmm... you look doubtful," in truth Hawkester was indeed doubtful but not about Dysnomia's identity. "I know! This'll show you that I'm telling the truth. Dae314 never did really get the hang of using these correctly!" Dysnomia's voice pipped before Dae314 disappeared behind a wall of pumpkin vines.

Hawkester prepared for an attack from any direction, but he wasn't prepared for what happened next. The vines hiding Dae314's body fell revealing just a pumpkin rooted to the ground. All around him, a hundred more pumpkins sprouted from between the smaller loose rocks. Every pumpkin rang with Dysnomia's giggling voice, "Dae314 never did this did he?" One of the pumpkins nearest to jumped from the ground with Dae314's body attached and shot a few punches and kicks at Hawkester, but they were rebuffed easily. Right as Hawkester found an opening to counter-attack though, the Dae314 clone jumped back and returned to the ground leaving just a pumpkin again. From behind Hawkester, another pumpkin surged forth with Dae314's body and attacked Hawkester bringing him off balance.

The fight continued like this for several minutes without respite. Every time Hawkester tried to counter-attack, the Dae314 he was facing retreated and returned to being a pumpkin, then another pumpkin would attack him from a different angle. Hawkester was getting tired, he couldn't keep up a fight like this forever. The Dae314 clones seemed to become refreshed every time one returned to the ground. "Maybe..." Hawkester aimed at the nearest pumpkin to him and slashed saying, "Wind Kei, Wind Slash!". The pumpkin split spilling its juices on the ground, but a moment later another pumpkin sprouted in its place. "Tch-- should've known," Hawkester admonished himself. He had no time to admonish further though since another Dae314 clone appeared to fight him.

From the pumpkins, Dysnomia's voice rang out again as Hawkester fought off the newest Dae314 clone, "Ha! that was a good try, yes it was, but you aren't going to defeat me that easily! What would you have done if that worked anyway? Slash away at all the pumpkins around here? Ha! You're getting tired. It's only to be expected. I guess it's time to end this." The Dae314 clone Hawkester was fighting retreated to pumpkin form abruptly as Dysnomia's voice said this.

Breathing heavily, Hawkester wiped the sweat on his brow and prepared for a finishing attack. Probably every pumpkin around here would turn into a Dae314 and rush him, but one good Dragon Spiral could take care of that. Just as he suspected, in the next moment every pumpkin launched into the air toward Hawkester. Releasing as much Kei as he could safely muster, Hawkester shouted, "Wind Kei, Dragon Spiral!", and all the pumpkins heading toward him were caught up in the large tornado swirling around him and thrown back to shatter against the rocks on the ground. Breathing heavily, and sweating profusely now, Hawkester flopped to the ground. However, on his way down, Hawkester sat on and proceeded to fall off yet another pumpkin that had somehow sprouted between his legs. That wasn't there before! Hawkester thought frantically trying to get up and away, but it was too late.

From the last pumpkin in the area Dysnomia's girlish giggly voice rang out, "tee hee, gotcha!" The pumpkin exploded letting off an excessive amount of blinding white energy and pumpkin (or maybe they were human?) guts.

From the edge of the blast zone, Dae314's body relaxes under a fallen tree as Dysnomia's voice grumbles discontentedly, "wonder what Eris and Dae314 see in that guy anyway, he wasn't so tough..."

Hawkester takes 148 damage and dies with 30 EXP left.

Dae314 gains 60 EXP.

===================================================================

Merry Christmas :D!

Sorry, I ended up posting here :P. I got tired of waiting for Job -_-. We'll have that group event soon :). Sorry again that this one was a wall of words, but I felt like writing so I wrote (and wrote and wrote ^^).

Edited by Dae314

• 1 month later...

Level – 1

Dex – 150 = (140 + 10) * 1
Total – 693

HP – 876/876 = 846 * 1
Magic – 392 = 392 * 1
Hit – 351 = 331 * 1
Dodge – 359 = 359 * 1

Items –

Exp – 30 => 55

Relaxing under the tree, Dysnomia lifts Dae314's head to look at the remains of Hawkester's body, only to see each of them disappear into what seems like little particles. Quickly standing up, Dysnomia mutters "Maybe he's tougher than I think..." only to stop when he hears a voice behind him.

"Maybe I am Dysnomia" says Hawkester confidently. Dysnomia quickly throws a pumpkin vine towards Hawkester who effortlessly avoids it and continues "and I feel as strong as ever." Hawkester then proceeds to move in a circle around Dysnomia (in Dae314's body) whilst avoiding all of the vines that sprout out of the ground and attack him.

Dysnomia grins and says in the girlish voice "Looks like you are moving faster than before, well alright then try this!" With this, multiple clones of Dae314 appear surrounding Hawkester, who has stopped moving. As Hawkester looks around him, a clone suddenly jumps out from behind him to attack him. Hawkester wheels around but as he begins to move backwards to dodge, he slips and his eyes widen as the clone's arm turns into a sharp vine. But just as the vine is about to hit him, Hawkester's body turns into the what seems to be the little particles from before. Dysnomia stops the clones and looks onwards in confusion, when a sound rings out from his (her? it's?) right. Turning Dae314's head again, Dysnomia sees Hawkester standing on top of a hill.

(Miss: 13%, RNG: 61)

"I wasn't able to use this before because I was still exhausted but now I've got access to my full Kei and I'm not holding back." Suddenly multiple copies of Hawkester appear all around Dysnomia and the Dae314 pumpkin clones.

"So you made a couple of illusions which just stand there" responds Dysnomia, "Whoopdy doo, and your big plan is?".

"Illusions? Well sorry to disappoint you but can an illusion do this?" Dysnomia watches as each pumpkin clone is simultaneously cut down by each “illusion”.
“So you have your own version of clon…?!” Dysnomia is interrupted when a Hawkester clone smacks Dysnomia in the back of the head before using a Lightning Slash to send Dysnomia flying. In the split second that Dysnomia was sliding, she could’ve sworn that Hawkester’s eyes changed from a bright yellow colour to red before changing back, but she gets no more time to ponder this because as soon as Dysnomia slides to a stop, Hawkester uses another kei technique.

“Fire Kei, Projectile Blast” Hawkester throws a ball of Kei to Dysnomia which explodes upon impact. “Correct. And I’m only just beginning to warm up”

Dae314 takes 142 damage, and is at 785 HP

Hawkester gains 25 EXP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kei Usage

Low Usage: Wind Movement, the unnamed restoration Water Kei technique

Medium Usage: Wind Slash, Dragon Spiral, Projectile Blast, Lightning Slash, Lightning Speed, Lightning Spear (when the explosion isnt used ie. not from the sky)

High Usage: Wind Cyclone, Great Projectile Blast, Illusional Wind, Lightning Wind

Extremely High: Lightning Spear (when the large explosion is used ie. from the sky)

Here's the new techniques:

Wind Kei, Illusional Wind - External - Creates multiple copies of the user, which can all attack the target. User does not need to be with the copies whilst theyre are fighting. Kei usage is the same as the 'powered up' techniques.

Fire Kei, Projectile Blast - External – Sends a ball of Kei in the direction that the user throws it in, which causes an explosion upon impact.

WindKei-IllusionalWind_zpsa0d444bf.gif

Illusional Wind

ProjectileBlast_zpsf25c2cb5.gif

and Projectile Blast

Level – 1

Total – 763

HP – 785/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 403 = 403 * 1

Items –

Exp – 89 => 104

Hawkester closed his open fist and looked up at Dysnomia floating in the air just slightly behind him in his blind spot laughing hysterically in glee. Her voice had changed again to something that belonged more to a blood hardened hitman than anything else. Yet it somehow retained an allure of femininity that wasn't present in the childish voice she had used earlier. Hawkester immediately hated it.

"Ahhahaha--kid, you really crack me up," Dysnomia taunted in her new gruff voice between chortles. "Warming up you say? You're 10 millenniums too young to be spouting nonsense like that. Why don't I show you what it really means to warm up after a nice million year nap?"

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 39)

With that, Dysnomia dropped rapidly to the ground and charged Hawkester head-on with blinding speed. Caught by surprise with Dysnomia's uncharacteristically direct approach, Hawkester is forced to go on defense. Dysnomia strikes rapidly but wildly from an uncomfortably close distance. The speed of their close range combat means that Hawkester and Dysnomia would look like a moving entanglement of limbs to any outside observer. However, Dysnomia's large, unrefined strikes are easy enough for Hawkester to dodge, but for some reason an opening never presents itself. It's almost as if she's doing this on purpose, Hawkester has time to consider before Dysnomia breaks in without a trace of the exhaustion that should be present from performing such wildly inefficient attacks, "hey, it looks like we're dancing."

Slightly annoyed that his thought process was interrupted for such a disgusting thought, Hawkester attempts to put some distance between himself and Dysnomia in order to charge up a Kei technique and regain the initiative. However, to his surprise Dysnomia followed his movements perfectly, maintaining the same distance between them that they had before, "ah ah ah naughty boy, I'm not done dancing with you yet. Don't run away!" The meaning of Dysnomia's bizarre attack dawned on Hawkester with that comment.

She's trying to prevent me from using my more advanced Kei techniques! Hawkester confirmed to himself. Dysnomia's attacks come so wildly, I have to divert some of his attention to dodging them, and that distraction has proved to be just enough that I can't concentrate long enough to build up a balance tipping Kei technique. Not to mention that any explosive Kei technique I use from this range would hurt me as well. No warrior would ever use such a underhandedly annoying trick, Hawkester considered before thinking up a solution to this new dilemma. But Hawkester was thinking too hard, one of Dysnomia's wild attacks glanced off his shoulder. "Oop, my partner needs to dance too otherwise I'll end up trampling all over him," Dysnomia sneared at Hawkester's minor mistake. Enough thinking, Hawkester thought, if she isn't going to give me an opening, I'll make one! Reading the pattern of attack, Hawkester stepped in during one of Dysnomia's minor attacks, allowing the relatively weaker hit to land, but Hawkester used that surprise to grab Dysnomia's hand and turn her around to pinning her arm.

To his surprise however, Dysnomia kept turning stretching her arm to an impossible angle and delivered an efficient full powered knee to Hawkester's stomach, stunning him. "Hey," Dysnomia reversed Hawkester's grip on her arm and looked down at Hawkester's kneeling figure, "I said, 'if my partner stops dancing, I'll end up trampling all over him'." With that, Dysnomia delivered several quick kicks to various locations on Hawkester's body before dancing back and waiting.

Hawkester rose after coughing up some blood, why'd she stop? Who cares... that was all the opening I needed. "Wind Kei, Lightning Spear!" But nothing happened. Dysnomia could almost be said to be smiling behind her pumpkin as she said, "I'm not quite warm enough to block the laws of other's reality completely just yet, but give me enough time in close proximity and I can rewrite some of the rules."

Hawkester took 148 damage and is at 728 HP.

Dae314 gained 15 EXP.

============================================================

Again, not sure how your Kei manipulation actually works, so I really hope it requires concentration -_-. Also, Clearing things up in case this is unclear. Dysnomia didn't block your Kei techniques. She just rewrote how you use them. So the normal way you gather Kei and release to attack has become different. You can choose how long it takes your character to adapt to the rewritten laws, or after a while, I'll just write something that dispels Dysnomia's effect since she can't hold a lawless state forever yet.

Once you kill me, I'm gonna do the group event ^-^.

Level – 1

Str – 142 = (131 + 0) * 1.08
Int – 145 = (138 + 0) * 1.05
Dex – 150 = (140 + 10) * 1
Spd – 154 = (154 + 0) * 1
Luk – 102 = (97 + 0) * 1.05
Total – 693

HP – 728/876 = 846 * 1
Magic – 392 = 392 * 1
Hit – 351 = 331 * 1
Dodge – 359 = 359 * 1

Items –

Exp – 55 => 80

As Dysnomia and Hawkester continued to fight, it was painfully obvious that Hawkester was losing. Unable to adapt to the rewritten laws by Dysnomia, Hawkester was forced to restrict himself to pure hand-to-hand fighting, which Dysnomia obviously had more experience with.

Coughing up more blood, Hawkester could only look at Dysnomia.

"Not doing to well are we, huh? Ahahahaha--Weren't you warming up, where's all the fun gone?" The laughter continued.

"Shut up." Hawkester begun to cough up more blood before dropping to his knees.

"Seems like I hurt a major organ of yours kid, so what are going to do now?"

"Tch"

"I can't fight much longer in this state, and Dysnomia doesn't show any openings. Can I even win this?" thought Hawkester.

"How pitiful. You really are something, you know that Hawkester." responded the voice from before, which then proceeded to begin laughing.

"Great, and I have to deal with you. Leave me alone."
"How naive you are. I'm afraid not this time Hawkester, I can't have you dieing from this opponent. Now it's my turn"

"WAIT! What are you doing"

(Miss: 13%, RNG: 77)

As Dysnomia looked at Hawkester, Dysnomia could see that Hawkester wasn't far off from collapsing from blood loss. But all of a sudden, Dysnomia sensed an incredibly evil and bloodthirsty aura. Looking around Dysnomia couldn't see anyone around whilst the aura remained. "Strange, that aura is nowhere to be seen ... unless" Looking back at Hawkester, Dysnomia watched as he stood up and raised his head to look at Dysnomia. He seemed to be the same until upon closer inspection, Dysnomia could see that his eye had changed from their yellow colour to bright red. Nothing else changed apart from the way he now held himself. Wounds, eyepatch, hair, all the same. Thinking that it must have something to do with his kei, Dysnomia ignored it and the aura Dysnomia was still able to sense.

"Ready to go again kid? I'm ready anytime" called out Dysnomia.

"Dysnomia wasn't it? A brat of that Eris?" responded 'Hawkester'.

"Watch what you say k-"

"Shut up already, brat. I'm going to enjoy ripping you from limb to limb" 'Hawkester' began to grin evilly.

With that, Hawkester moved forward and instantly disappeared. Suddenly Dysnomia was sent straight into the ground before (he? she? Ah screw it) it felt the hit on it's head. Realizing that Hawkester had moved right behind Dysnomia at speed far greater than before, Dysnomia begun to push itself off the ground but was stopped as Hawkester grabbed Dysnomia and threw Dysnomia a few metres.

"What was it you called what you were doing before, oh right, dancing wasn't it. All right then, stand up and let's dance brat! Ahahahaha"

Standing up, Dysnomia moved forward and begun to fight with Hawkester again. However this time the roles were reversed. As Dysnomia was pushed back, Dysnomia felt a flicker of an emotion which could only be described as fear. "Impossible! I can't be afraid of him. Allthough ...He's completely different, more violent and stronger. What happened? ... !"

"You, you're not Hawkester are you?" asked Dysnomia as Hawkester deflected one of Dysnomia's punches.

"Ahahaha, so you're not idiot after all. Correctomundo. Though technically I am, I guess. Meh, who cares. Hawkester's taking a little nap right now, since I wanted to have some fun."

"Who are you?" was Dysnomia's question.

"Hmmm.... Hawkester never did care for a name for me ... hmmm.... Ah!" 'Hawkester' looked like he realized something. "Well I guess you can call me Caeli, the Wind Reaper. Nice to meet you, brat of Discord. Ahahahaha."
Deciding that it was time to change tactics, Dysnomia sent hundreds of pumpkin vines towards Caeli ... however, he effortlessly dodged each of them. Seeing that it failed, Dysnomia created hundreds of pumpkin clones to fight Caeli. But Dysnomia could only look on in shock as Caeli grinned and each pumpkin clone caught on fire and was burnt to a crisp.

"How did you do that!?"
"Well brat, I merely used kei to raise the temperature around each of your clones." Suddenly Caeli appeared right in front of Dysnomia and drove a knee into Dysnomia's stomach before using a roundhouse kick to send Dysnomia flying backwards.

"Don't think for a second that I'll be a pushover like Hawkester was, brat."
"If you're so strong, then how come you didn't appear before." asked Dysnomia.

"Well that's where Hawkester trumps." Caeli snickered "I'm stronger physically, in terms of strength, speed, control over kei etc. But Hawkester is stronger mentally, well to be more precise he has a stronger will than m-! Oh looks like I'm out of time, later brat." With that Hawkester's eye changed back to it's normal yellow colour.

Dae314 takes 142 damage and is at 643 HP.

Hawkester gains 25 EXP.

=====================================================================

Basically Caeli is the super evil side and the voice from before. Also Hawkester trys his hardest to keep Caeli restrained since Caeli is basically pure evil. He doesn't just want to watch the world burn, he wants to be the one to set it on fire.

Also in response to your previous question, yes Kei does require concentration.

Just to reiterate:
"Text like this is being spoken out loud."
"Whilst text like this is being thought."
"And this means Caeli is chatting to Hawkester inside Hawkester's head"

Edited by Hawkester

Level – 1

Spd – 170 = (147 + 10) * 1.08

Total – 768

HP – 643/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 413 = 413 * 1

Items –

Exp – 104 => 119

That ba***** Caeli, Dysnomia cursed her opponent with hissing silence, he dispelled the edits I made to Hawkester's laws, and I can't rewrite them again for a while. Curse this body and its limitations... maybe Hawkester hasn't noticed yet. Dysnomia straightened staring at Hawkester menacingly, meaning to taunt him and distract him from noticing that his kei manipulation is restored, but before she could begin Hawkester charged at blinding speed.

"Did you think I wouldn't notice that I can manipulate my kei again?" Hawkester shouted as he executed a furious uppercut strike that Dysnomia only narrowly avoided. With Dysnomia temporarily off balance, Hawkester pressed his advance not allowing Dysnomia to regain the initiative just as she had done to him. "I don't know who this Eris is, but Caeli seems to know her. That means she's probably evil and needs to be dealt with," Hawkester comments to Dysnomia while pressing his attack, "when I'm done with you, you're going to tell me where I can find her. You're also going to tell me what you did with Dae314."

"What!? you're worried about him?" Dysnomia replied in surprise.

"No, I need to give him his body back and kill him in it before you destroy it with your carelessness."

"Carelessness? Ha! Why do you care what happens to this body if you're just going to kill him? Kill this body and you've basically done what you meant to do right?" Dysnomia twists to dodge one of Hawkester's well placed kicks then slams her foot into the ground causing a mess of pumpkin vines to sprout and shoot her away from Hawkester. "I'm the child of lawlessness, what is there to care about when I can just rewrite any laws I find inconvenient?"

"Unlike you, Dae314 is a warrior," Hawkester ceased his attack and straightened to reply to Dysnomia, "A warrior whom you corrupted with that loathsome pumpkin of yours. Also, laws teach diligence, any fighter without diligence is no more than a monkey swinging its arms around hoping to land a hit. You are no warrior, you have no honor, no spirit, and you are no match for Dae314, so I know you must've tricked him somehow with one of your underhanded schemes and locked him up somewhere. When we're done here, you will lead me to him and then you will lead me to Eris."

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 95)

The more Hawkester spoke, the stronger the seething aura of hate bleeding from Dysnomia's borrowed body seemed to grow. By the time Hawkester was done, the aura had become so potent that it was visibly bending the strong noon sunlight around Dae314's body. "You've done it now kid. Letting your filthy mouth run off like that. But don't worry, I'll go catch it for you, AND SHUT YOU UP FOR GOOD TOO!"

Countless pumpkin vines burst from the shattered rocks on the ground in front of Hawkester creating a wall between him and Dysnomia. As the vines towered over Hawkester blotting out the sun, Dysnomia's crazed laughter could be heard somewhat distantly. The voice this time was nothing other than revolting. Like the sound of sewage spilling out of an overfull storm drain, Dysnomia's true laughter filled the area without a hint of the previous allure it once had. The vines descended rapidly. As Hawkester dodged, he attempted to distance himself from the wall, but a sudden rumble from behind him told Hawkester that yet another wall of vines had emerged from the ground. As even more vines shot at him, Hawkester shouted, "Wind Kei, Wind Spiral" and shot himself into the air, planning to go above the vine's reach. When some vines moved to block his path, Hawkester shouted again, "Wind Kei, Wind Slash" and aimed a slash at the impending vines.

The wind slash hit the vines squarely and burst into particles of air and kei without harming the vines. What!? Hawkester had a second of confusion before he noticed a glint of sun off the surface of one of the higher vines. The vines are... shiny!? She must've changed their natural composition to be more hardened than usual. One of the vines Hawkester failed to cut slammed into him, throwing him back to the ground where his body hit and flopped once like a ragdoll before coming to rest face down. As the hardened vine walls stopped attacking and proceeded to completely encircle Hawkester's body and blot out the sun.

Outside, smiling at her victory, Dysnomia waited, arm raised, to command the delivery of the final blow. "I guess it only takes a monkey to kill a warrior then eh Hawkester?" Dysnomia commented under her breath before bringing her arm down. The motion of her arm was accompanied by a chorous of earth tremmoring rumbles from inside the vine dome as the inner walls of the top and sides collapsed down, spearing in random fashion the entirety of the ground covered by the dome. From between the thinned walls of the dome, only small amounts of dust could be seen seeping from the small spaces between the vines.

Hawkester took 148 damage and is at 580 HP.

Dae314 gained 15 EXP.

=========================================================

My last post was pretty badly written I notice. Was probably because it's been so long since I wrote one of these T_T. This one is more up to my normal standard I think. Also, just call Dysnomia in Dae314's body a she unless you want to talk specifically about the body. Also, I believe you should be at 580 HP now given your final HP from my last post...

Also, notice I upped my speed stat a tiny bit :D. I did slightly better on the game, and now I'm probably done playing it before I go and break the scoring system for it >.>

Level – 1

Total – 693

HP – 580/876 = 846 * 1
Magic – 392 = 392 * 1
Hit – 351 = 331 * 1
Dodge – 359 = 359 * 1

Items –

Exp – 55 => 81

"Idiot."
Dysnomia continued her crazed laughter, she let the dome stay for a few moments. But just as she was about to bring the dome apart, it was ripped apart and Dysnomia could only widen her eyes as she saw Hawkester floating in mid air inside a sphere of wind.
"And to top it all off, there is someone who really doesn't like you." shouted Hawkester
"Ahahahaha who, you?" was Dysnomia's reply.
"True that I don't like you either, but I was referring to Caeli."
"Oh and is he going to have another go then? This time I'll show him who's better!"

(Miss: 15%, RNG: 28)

"Like hell I will let him out. Nope, but this current technique I was never able to figure out ... until a minute ago when Caeli told me how to use it. And he never tells me anything, all he does is taunt me. So for him to actually tell me something, means that he dislikes you even more than me. So this is my Wind Kei, Wind Sphere technique!"
"Tch, so you have a wind ball and can levitate, am I meant to be impressed kid?"
"True, Wind Sphere is a purely defensive technique and it gets quite tiring after a while. But" Hawkester began to grin "that's because it's a two part technique"
"What?"
"Wind Kei, Sphere Explosion!"
Suddenly the Sphere expanded and hit Dysnomia. Catching her and sending her flying around with the winds as the sphere continued to expand. As Dysnomia was thrown around, multiple major cuts appeared on her body, causing her to bleed heavily.
Eventually the Sphere dissipated and Dysnomia dropped and hit the ground.

In the middle of the crater that the Sphere had created, Hawkester, now breathing heavily, swayed a little before catching himself.

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and is at 501 HP.

Hawkester gains 26 EXP
======================================================================================
I feel like any ability that I had before to write is gone, but yours are still good Dae :) I also feel like I'm heading towards an OP character. S**t
Felt like throwing in a helping hand from Caeli here.

New techiniques:
Wind Kei, Wind Sphere - External Kei - Basically creates a sphere of razor sharp wind with the user at the centre, purely defensive as it is meant to rip anything that comes into contact with the sphere into shreds. - Starts as a High Usage technique but if used long enough will become a Extremely High Usage technique
Wind Kei, Sphere Explosion - External Kei - Extremely High Usage - Can only be used if the user is currently using Wind Sphere, and causes the sphere to expand outwards and rip to shreds anything caught in it.

Btw I assumed Dysnomia made your body more resistant to damage so that's why your body wasn't ripped to shreds by Sphere Explosion but you took heavy damage. Sorry :(
Edited by Hawkester

• 2 weeks later...

Level – 1

Spd – 170 = (147 + 10) * 1.08

Total – 768

HP – 501/927 = 927 * 1

Magic – 433 = 433 * 1

Hit – 395 = 395 * 1

Dodge – 413 = 413 * 1

Items –

Exp – 119 => 134

"I'll kill you," Dysnomia's barely audible whisper was swept away by a light breeze passing through the crater. At the center of the crater, Hawkester gave no indication that he had heard Dysnomia's whispered threat past his own heavy breathing.

"I'll murder you," this time Hawkester clearly heard Dysnomia's empty threat. Growing in intensity, Dysnomia launched into a crazed rant, "I'llRIPyoutoSHREADSyouINSIGNIFICANTWORMtothinkyouhadtheAUDACITYtoBLEEDMEoohhohoahahahahahahahaI'llteachyouyourplaceMAGGOTbeneiththegroundUNDERMYFEET!" Dae314's wounded body sunk suddenly into the ground just as Dysnomia finished her rant.

(Miss: 0%, RNG: 49)

Hawkester, still in the center of the crater, caught his breath and spread out his senses. "Get ready," he thought to himself. Below his feet, the ground shook and blasted apart revealing a bloody grotesquely vine covered figure. Like before when Dae314 had used the vines to restore function to his arm except now Dysnomia had used the effect on her entire body. Unlike before though, Hawkester didn't find the bloody vine covered figure sinister, just monstrous. Perhaps it was the afternoon light or maybe it was because Dysnomia was in control. Whatever the case, Hawkester easily predicted an underground attack and avoided getting caught up in the vine monster's grip.

While landing several feet from the monster, Hawkester observed that the vines covering it had the same shiny surface that he had seen earlier on the vine dome. "Tch, that means she basically made herself a suit of armor. Well at least it should slow her down." Bracing for a followup charge, Hawkester began gathering kei. However, instead of charging directly, the monster turned around in midair and buried itself seamlessly back into the ground.

Moments later, the ground beneath Hawkester's feet shook again and Hawkester was forced to stop gathering kei and dodge. After landing with a roll, Hawkester swore under his breath, "darn, the vine weight means nothing to her if she's underground." Before Hawkester had time to counterattack, Dysnomia had disappeared again. "Well at least the attacks are easy to read from the vibrations." Sure enough, when the vibrations came under him again, Hawkester was ready. Hawkester jumped then turned around midair and shouted, "Wind Kei, Wind Slash!" planning to use the kick-back of the skill to push himself up further to achieve the highest possible velocity when he used lightning spear. However, the wind slash shattered over just a small clump of isolated pumpkin vines. "Shi--!"

The ground off to the right of Hawkester exploded and Dysnomia's main vine body accelerated toward Hawkester at incredible speed. With his aim pointed downward and no time to reorient the spear, Hawkester was defenseless against Dysnomia's attack. The vine monster impacted his side like a flying train sending his body spinning through the air. Some feet from where Dysnomia's feint occurred, Hawkester's body landed violently and rolled to a stop face down on the ground. Dysnomia's trajectory was pushed off from Hawkester's landing position by the impact, and her body re-entered the ground seamlessly several feet away.

Hawkester took 148 damage and has 432 HP remaining.

Dae314 gained 15 EXP

====================================================

That's OK :D. I probably just broke some bones there ^^;.

Level – 1

Total – 693

HP – 432/876 = 846 * 1

Magic – 392 = 392 * 1

Hit – 351 = 331 * 1

Dodge – 359 = 359 * 1

Items –

Exp – 81 => 107

"Aaaaaaah!" screamed Hawkester as he tried to push himself up. Feeling at least 7 different broken bones, Hawkester tried isolate the ones he could fix the easiest. Quickly finding the first one he used his kei to quickly repair it and felt the agonizing pain dull. But as he went to fix the second one, he felt the vibrations from Dysnomia again. Leaping to the side, Hawkester was barely missed as Dysnomia came flying out of the ground only to go back into it shortly after. Quickly healing a second rib, the pain was decreased again. Feeling slightly more clear-headed, Hawkester found it easier to dodge Dysnomia when she came flying out of the ground again. "I still can't concentrate enough though to use anything more than this healing kei, need more time." This dodge and heal continued until Hawkester had sort of repaired 5 of the 7 bones.

(Miss: 15%, RNG: 74)

Feeling the only a dull pain now, and realising that he would not be able to fix the 2 other bones. Hawkester focused back to taking out Dysnomia. Whilst he continued to dodge Dysnomia, Hawkester tried to think of a way to pierce the armor. "If I go in the air again, there's no predicting where she'll come. That eliminates Lightning Spear, and I don't have enough time to prepare enough kei for the other more powerful techniques but what if..." Dodging Dysnomia, Hawkester quickly prepared Fire Kei, Projectile Blast in his hand and held onto it as he moved around.

"Hey Dysnomia!" shouted out Hawkester, "Has your mistress ever seen you in this form, maybe she would be disgusted. You're nothing more than a monster now!" Feeling the vibrations from below again, Hawkester sheathed his knife and jumped out of the way. As soon as Dysnomia came out of the ground, Hawkester amped up the Projectile Blast in his hand. "I was waiting for this. Fire Kei, Great Projectile Blast!" and sent the Projectile into center of the vines. Feeling the blast burning/destroying the vines, Hawkester wasted no time in charging up the a Projectile Blast in both of his hands and sent it flying through the hole in the vine monster towards Dysnomia...

Dae314 has taken 142 damage and is at 359 HP.

Hawkester gains 26 EXP

==================================================

Just a note, I didn't really fix the bones, just sort of patched them up so they weren't screaming in pain.

As for Great Projectile Blast, I even have a gif for you:

Edited by Hawkester