Resident Evil Films

Dark_Angel13

To clarify this isn't about the animated works with Leon and Claire etc etc. These are the milla jovovich films where she plays the lovely Alice and has a bunch of side characters. I know some are based off the games characters, Jill, Wesker etc.

The point of this topic is to voice your opinion on the film series, if you haven't seen the last one it doesn't matter, still feel free to give your opinion. I myself haven't seen the final one yet and I'm not sure if I even want to.

My opinion

The first two movies were great, I really enjoyed them and watched them so many times I could almost voice the characters as the movie played. Then Extinction came out and I was sceptical of it, it was completely different and I didn't like it that much but it was watchable.

The fourth film still didnt capture what the first two films had, in fact this one was even more so over the top and when I saw the axe guy I was like -facepalm-. I couldnt believe they actually put him into the films but anyway, the fourth one was too over the top, I'll admit I liked the coin shot she used but other then that it was only worth watching once.

I've seen the fifth movies trailers and I'm already thinking I'll never want to see it just from how foolish it looks and how outlandish. But I probably will watch it someday.

Anyone voice your opinions here and if you think the movies could be better say that too and what you'd like them to improve on

Well, I watched the first two like you and enjoyed them all. Hated the fact that they were doing this half/half inclusion of anything related to the games. Miila is still one of my favorite actresses but I got a bit tired of her stealing the spotlight especially when they had her crossing paths with individuals that belonged in the game.

That has been my main concern with this entire franchise. They've always been watchable but they treat people from the games like shit basically and that feels like a giant middle finger to me.

Dude basically, when u watch retribution you're gonna facepalm .....A LOT. But it's still a good movie to watch.

Anyways, I digress. The only point i have to add is that it sucks when you go to watch a movie based on something you grew up on/am still playing and the only way to enjoy it is.....is if you watch it like it is a separate film franchise and not linked to what u know.

• Like 1

I don't have much to add except this Cracked article. It seems to address some of the issues above, like the addition of Alice and why it doesn't follow the games faithfully.

I think I watched part of one--the one where she uses the quarters? It seems like a franchise you watch for fun and fluff, not for plot or character development, haha. The games never really interested me either.

Nah, I've read this article and the guy uses the literal game and gameplay as a reason to say why the games were worse compared to the movies. I don't think that's a viable point to fixate on, in fact, when you honestly listen to what he says....it's a joke.

It's just a troll for people like me who say that the movies should have a closer tie to the games in resemblance. Once you get to the part where he rants about reading Game Bio-Files...you'd realize that.

The movies would be perfectly viable if they followed any ONE of those characters....Talk about sequel structure for a Game movie doesn't make sense either. Especially when you choose a game that has different stories. It's like the Twilight Zone movie. It was a movie based about a series that had individual stories. The end result was simply a 3-part segmented movie that did various episodes in a bigger budgeted, better filmed way.

All I'm saying is that, you can't look at something that HAS no linear structure and film it to make a linear structure unless you do change it to reflect NOTHING of what it was originally and that's what Anderson did with Milla.

Again, I'll always say...the movies were fun to watch and it is entertaining. I mean I enjoyed the shit out of one, as well as, 2 and 4...but it's a mess that has no *single* story and is tied together really weakly in Retribution due to the fact that tried including people in the games.

I really need to remember to follow my topics lol. I'll admit their addition of the games characters into the films was done terribly and they are treated quite badly despite their fame from the games. In number 2 they included Jill in it and some other ppl I think, they did Jill okay but they made her seem to be a bit of a slut and she was quite annoying, especially her voice and she also seemed way too scared of everything where in the games she's more of a quiet no fear badass character, they didnt capture it well at all.

Nah, I've read this article and the guy uses the literal game and gameplay as a reason to say why the games were worse compared to the movies. I don't think that's a viable point to fixate on, in fact, when you honestly listen to what he says....it's a joke.

It's just a troll for people like me who say that the movies should have a closer tie to the games in resemblance. Once you get to the part where he rants about reading Game Bio-Files...you'd realize that.

Obviously it's full of jokes, it's an article on Cracked, haha. It says right on the tin it's a humour site. I just figured it's worth a read for a different perspective and for its relevance. You don't have to talk down to me.

tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow.gif

And yeah, Milla is a model--they're not allowed to be bigger than a size 0, haha.

• Like 1

Nice choice on the pic but not the best one of her, this is from the 4th movie, I always liked the way she looks in number two. Alice throughout the films:

Alice.jpg

Alice from Resident Evil 1

alice+resident+evil+movie+2.jpg

Alice from Resident Evil 2

Resident_Evil_Extinction_(2007).jpeg

Alice from Resident Evil 3

I won't show a pic for number 4 because the one EO put up was a good one. Drumroll complained about her being so flat but if you notice throughout the movies she gets a little more curvy due to her pregnancy I assume, either way she's hot in all of them

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first movie was fantastic, atleast we got some background into the whole umbrella/ t-virus stuff...but then they took a nose dive, yeah the action and progression was great and all, but nothing really made sense in the resident evil world. I do like that an alternative storyline was created, but thats about all I liked. I did go and see all the movies just because, but they are nothing to get really excited about when it comes to the world of Resident Evil

• 4 months later...