1. 1. Well?

• Morning
    • Night
    • Afternoon
    • A different, oddly specific time not covered above
    • I prefer to be awake all the time
    • I prefer to sleep all the time

Man.

After working nights, I can safely say I never want to do it again ever in my life. I hate it. I hate trying to sleep during the day. I hate sleeping until seven in the evening and feeling like my whole day is shot. I hate what it does to my appetite and my energy levels. I have yet to see any evidence that says I am not slowly being murdered by working mids. Between the diabetes and fertility risks and head exploding (I made that one up), not to mention if I wake up too late, my options for food and grocery shopping are severely limited, I just want to be able to get to a regular shift as soon as possible. Shockingly, nothing is open at night! If I need to go to the bank or to the dealership or the store or do anything normal people do, I either have to stay up late into the morning or wake up early. Nothing is convenient, unless it is open at three in the morning, and even then, bags and bags of potato chips aren't so much convenient as they are deadly.

Most of my friends work during the day, so if I want to hang out with them, it's done in a fairly limited capacity, especially if I sleep in late. I also work weekends, which is a separate complaint altogether.

Also people tend to be giant dicks about the hours I work, as if they have no concept of the fact that I work mids and if they call me at noon to tell me stupid things that could have waited, they are breaking my crew rest, which is becoming less and less as the year wears on. Or they'll send out an email to the whole squadron with a tasker due by the close of business, except there's no way any of the crews on mids would be able to accomplish it on time if they sent out the tasker at noon! Or they tell us to schedule appointments, and the only times they have available for it is two in the afternoon. Of course we're going to be exhausted at the appointment... that's when we're supposed to be sleeping.

Couple that with the fact I work twelve hour shifts, if I'm on a later mission and have to stick around for crew swap, I am going home when the sun is out, and the moment I am exposed to sunlight, it's all over. I won't be able to fall asleep for hours.

I am a night person, Latley I have been going to bed at 12am - 2am in the morning and waking up at around 12pm (im on work holidays so I can get away with sleeping like this for now.)

But When I work I usually go to bed at around 11pm - 12am and wake up at 7:30am because I have to. On weekends my sleeping pattern matches that of my holidays.

I wish people would elaborate more on why they think they are day or night people and the times they mean. Because I work from 1900 - 0700 every set I work and being on a schedule like that is hellacious. In an ideal EO world, I would be going to bed around 2100 and waking up around 0500.

There's little convenience to mids. Almost everyone I've known that has worked mids for a few years--to include myself and Java--are more or less insane and have more health problems than they know what to do with, not to mention nothing useful is open unless you live in a place like NYC where things are open all the time. If I want to hang out with my friends, it involves a lot of "I can't hang out this weekend, I have to work that night" and "sorry, I just woke up and missed dinner; rain check?"

Java and I are on completely opposite schedules and it is horrific. We are bending our schedules to try to spend time together, but it is wreakinghavoc on both of our bodies.