Games you regret buying/playing

Kyle_Dimetri

Most of my regretful game purchases stem from the N64/Gamecube eras but probably the most recent one was Rage. I remember getting somewhat excited for it when it was released but never got it due to getting other games at the time. When I finally did buy it a year later, well, I was pretty much unimpressed with everything. The graphics were nice....when my ps3 could actually load them on time. It just felt a bit boring, big openish world but it felt rather empty to me. The only thing I could think of was I wish I was playing Fallout 3/New Vegas or Borderlands over this. =/

I was also eager to play Rage and it is a good game but not what I had expected, it reminds me of a borderlands ripoff that has been done badly

I thought it was a decent enough game, I do think that if it had come out sooner then it would have done better. By the time it came out there were already a few post apocalyptic open world games that had pretty much done what Rage was trying to do. I suppose I was spoiled by those earlier games since I kept wanting more out of Rage but never got what I was looking for, shame the series is pretty much dead now.  

yeah rage was pretty boring for an open world game >>

kinda disappointed with neptunia atm

Neptunia is... unique for lack of a better word, it does have its good moments but only if you take nothing seriously.

Right now I'm regretting buying Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. The game was disappointing on so many levels. Nothing screams Ace Combat like operating a helicopter gun turret on rails.

I regret buying Dragon Ball: Ultimate Tenkaichi, the game just wasn't that great. I only played it for an hour and thought what have I just spent a small fortune on, seriously in an hour I felt like I had done everything in the combat system a million times over, there was no varity and it felt like a game of rock, paper, scissors half the time.

If they would've kept the gameplay style of Raging Blast I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't mind the lack of characters I just end up making my own.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I second Sonic '06. At the time I got it for my Xbox 360.

It wasn't a disaster. No, that thing was a catastrophe. I cannot believe the amount of bugs that were present in that game. I was actually looking forward to it but holy damn, it was a massive nuclear letdown AND a meltdown at that. Some of the bugs I encountered were downright ridiculous if not stupid. It was horrifically unplayable. And another thing:

800px-SonicEliseKiss.png

DA HELL WAS THIS!?!

Are You Serious SEGA?!

OpoQQ.jpg

I'm glad SEGA has redeemed itself with Colors, Generations and Lost World(to an extent) but man, '06 had serious potential but SEGA blew it, hardcore.

Edited by Seraph
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...