Games you regret buying/playing

Kyle_Dimetri

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Grand Theft Auto 4 and the Tales from Liberty City, if they weren't part of a package I bought I would have returned them as I have never been able to get them to work right. From trouble even getting it to start to actually getting saves to work because Rockstar never released a patch fixing the Games for Windows Live crap, I've never been able to enjoy these games...Even after following so many guides to fix them with work arounds, and I'm pretty good at getting work arounds to work.

For me it seems it's not that i'm disappointed in the games i get but more the Add-ons to these games. i spend an extra 30-40 dollars for expansions and get like an hour of new gamplay not worth it if you ask me (This dosn't include fallout 4 add-ons Bethesda dose a good job with add-on content)

14 hours ago, Hero639 said:

For me it seems it's not that i'm disappointed in the games i get but more the Add-ons to these games. i spend an extra 30-40 dollars for expansions and get like an hour of new gamplay not worth it if you ask me (This dosn't include fallout 4 add-ons Bethesda dose a good job with add-on content)

So the Fallout 4 DLC is worth it? I got the base game for Christmas, but hated how much they want for their DLC so haven't bought it yet though I am debating. In fact, I hate how much a lot of companies charge so much for DLC making it cost 2 to 3 times as much as the main game in some instances even going thousands of dollars more than the base game in extreme circumstances. *cough* Dead or Alive 5 and Microsoft Flight Simulator *cough*

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly there have been a few, considering I usually do my best to avoid gaming journalism and buy on good reports about a game in general.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. My god, I honestly just wanting it to end way before it did. It felt like I was constantly being taunted with lore and hints of something big... that would show up in some other game, while this one gave unimpressive resolution to old threads, introduced things that were big and flashy and didn't seem to go anywhere, and seemed to think it had been made as an MMORPG (and not in the good ways).

Akiba's Trip. From the description of it, you'd think that it was some weird and quirky Japanese game, maybe something like No More Heroes. But the story's just generically there. How do you make stripping the clothes off of vampires to make them burn up in the streets of Tokyo boring?

No More Heroes, PS3 version. While I don't have much against No More Heroes in general, it wasn't really ported well to something that doesn't have motion controls.

Edited by Llam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To this day, I still have a fair amount of buyer's remorse from Starbound. Really should have thought twice before purchasing what amounted to an inferior Terraria clone, a game I already had anyways; what's more, it didn't help that the gap between the two in terms of quality and content only ever seemed to widen over time.