Games you regret buying/playing

Kyle_Dimetri

Usually I research the games I like before purchasing.. One that stands out from older generations is Unlimited SaGa.. what an awful game, I wasn't too upset though as I was so hyped for the continuation of FFX that I pretty much only wanted to play the demo, lol.

Anyhow! PS4 really marked the first time I truly... truly regretted some of my purchases. Watch_Dogs was one of those, super hyped games that I felt would end up living to expectations, but I was wrong.. SO wrong..  After playing it for an hour. Protagonist had no real character, + on top of sucky radio stations, & repetitive mechanics made me dump the game. I never got the motivation to beat it..t. Awful game.

The other one was Destiny. Fun? I'd say for the first week or two.. but you can only play the same missions so many times before you get absolutely sick of it. Another one of those games that from trailers gave you a totally different perspective than what it actually ended up becoming.

Anyways needless to say, I now take trailers with a grain of salt. Crossing my fingers that games like KH3 actually live up to the hype.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC First Assault

The game started out really wonderful and I put in over 500 hours, but then things started becoming so unbalanced with more and more "balance" updates. Gun builds were no longer effective unless you purchased the newer ones they released using GP, but the only way to rack up enough GP is to buy packs with actual money. For a game that swore it was not pay-to-win it sure became that way. 

I regret putting in so much time, but at the same time it was the first FPS game I played and enjoyed. 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, Shinnosuke said:

MapleStory. Wasted thousands on items for them to become obsolete and worthless after a game update.

Story of so many games nowadays...  Each update makes several prior purchases "devalued", so it's spend to keep up or fall behind and become less effective at, well, everything.  Its why I have such a hard time investing in games nowadays, every game ends up being a sunk cost fallacy all over again.  Hearthstone being my latest example.  Keep dumping time/money into new cards, or enjoy losing over and over to those who artificially deflate their rank to farm rank 20s for free gold.

Sadly, a lot of the WiiU games that I bought. It's probably my fault for not researching the games enough before buying them, but back in the day if it was a big name Nintendo title it was guaranteed to be great. *sigh*

Here's a few that stood out:

The new Mario Tennis - I was expecting motion control like the Wii version. Unfortunately not.

Mario Party 10 - I hadn't tried 9 when they introduced the car playstyle. Everyone travelling around the board at the same pace really took away from the game.

Star Fox - too similar to Star Fox 64

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - This game was actually amazing and one of the best new titles I'd tried in a while, but it was waaaaaay too short!

• 3 weeks later...