Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (3D: Dream Drop Distance, 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-, χ Back Cover) Discussion

Yoshi Mushi

I would love to see what happens to Aqua in BBS2 but I'm not buying a vita just for it I'm sure this time they'll add it to the psn for people who can't afford that new toy of theirs >.> mostly cause I have about 12-14 UMD games and don't wanna buy a new system just cause they don't wanna make umd's anymore -.-;

• 1 month later...

You heard me, instead of Final Fantasy characters making guest appearance in this next Kingdom Hearts game, we're gonna have characters from another popular Square Enix game - possibly the best game on the Nintendo DS ever - The World Ends With You. Watch the trailer for more -

Zlex8ja2eNI

This kind of thing opens up a lot of possibilities for the KH franchise. Does this mean we can expect to see people from other Square Enix games as well? Maybe Crono Trigger or Dragon Quest or even some of the one shot titles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No... Dear God No. By "opening up new possibilities", you mean "Horrible spin offs" then yes. The story plot to these will be completely whack in my opinion trying to make it work with the original series, and even if this is a complete spin-off/alternate universe kind of timeline... no, that's just completely stupid.

As a fan of TWEWY, I'd like it to be unmolested by popular franchises/series. I would prefer a TWEWY-based spinoff, solely on the TWEWY world rather than try to mesh it with the "ever-popular" Kingdom Hearts. Don't get me wrong, I liked the story of KH, but when you have little boys and girls running around screaming "I love Neku!" or "No! Riku is the best over Sora and Neku combined" I'll have to polish and load my shotgun.

The only reason this is even considered a possibility by Sqenix is because TWEWY operates in a real-world and alternate world, compared to KH where there is somewhat multiple realities going 'on. The aspect of Paradox ensues.

True, too much of the fandom does get annoying at time. But when I finished TWEWY, i was just aching for more and it didn't seem like a sequel to that game with the same characters was possible, the same as Crono Trigger. Even if they did make a TWEWY - The Sequel, it would be with some different characters playing the game, people I wouldn't relate to as much as the TWEWY cast right now.

So, to see some more depth added to those characters in a spin-off game is something I don't consider that bad for the price of people starting clan wars over Sora and Neku.

Plus, Tetsuya Nomura is heavily involved in both projects so I don't think it'll be that much crap. In a way, this really isn't that surprising since they had already used Final Fantasy characters in the previous games. And, this spin-off actually looks like it's gonna provide some info about how exactly Organization XIII was formed as well as just what it was that Axel/Lea came to do.

This just might convince me to play a KH game. Never really been able to get into them before. Just finished TWEWY and loved it. Also might convince me to finally get a 3DS, just hasn't really been a game I've seen that made me need to get the system yet, or not enough games anyway

• 2 weeks later...

As if the rumored European release date for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance wasn't enough, EBGames has listed a July 1, 2012 release date on their website for the game! This could quite possibly be the release date in North America since it is a Sunday, the day when Nintendo console games are generally released. It could also just be a more up-to-date placeholder; who knows?

Source: http://www.khinsider.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Don't get me wrong, I liked the story of KH, but when you have little boys and girls running around screaming "I love Neku!" or "No! Riku is the best over Sora and Neku combined" I'll have to polish and load my shotgun.

i'm with you on this one. though i'm a fangirl, of everything in kingdom hearts and i adored TWEWY and i don't think any character is better than the other, i tend to ignore the people screaming "OMFG ILY RIKU YOU ARE AMAZE" or "OMFG NEKU" or even "KAIRI IS A SUE, SHE SHOULD DIE" and stupid crap like that. i myself enjoy all the characters for who they are and their own individual purposes to the story, because they all have one.

as for having TWEWY characters, I have always wanted to see them FULLY RENDERED IN 3D as well as have them with voices (i didn't finish the game so i dunno if they have them in the game lol) as always with having some loved characters being given voices, i'm a little worried that they will not be what i hoped for, at the same time, I am confident that the SE english cast team will pick someone good, as they have done quite often in their games.

• Koby changed the title to Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (3D: Dream Drop Distance, 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-, χ Back Cover) Discussion