Sword Art Online (whole franchise)

ShadowWolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching Sword Art Online, and I really enjoyed it. I want to know what everyone liked, disliked, didn't understand, and the like. Here's what I can say atm:

I enjoyed the romance between Kirito and Asuna (Softy for romance) Something that confused me though was the jump between episodes 2 and 3, kinda got me wondering why they cut that part out. And the ending, everyone keeping the ties they made in-game, always nice to make new friends I say.

Might add more depending on where this goes.

And please use the spoiler box just in case. You never know who hasn't watched it.

There is a reason for the jump. In the novels, they had the intro then skipped straight up to the top floors, all that in between stuff was in later novels as filler.

Personally I likely SAO, but I would have preferred if they left it in the first world for 26 episodes and then went to Alfheim in another season. This way we could experience the world more, build up some of the characters that didnt get as much screen time, and improve the romance.

There is a reason for the jump. In the novels, they had the intro then skipped straight up to the top floors, all that in between stuff was in later novels as filler.

Personally I likely SAO, but I would have preferred if they left it in the first world for 26 episodes and then went to Alfheim in another season. This way we could experience the world more, build up some of the characters that didnt get as much screen time, and improve the romance.

Do you mind explaining? I don't quite get what you mean.

I like how the friends they had were made in-game

And Dark, you know that's what happens when I find an Anime I enjoy, and have lots of free time to watch it.lol.

• Like 1

hold up, how recently did you watch this anime? it's not dubbed yet right? i watched each episode after episode 16 the very day it came out (last one in this season was around Chirstmas time) in Japanese(with eng subs).

anywho,

AxelVIII,

i think Lemmingllama is responding to part of what you said in your first post(black is the part addressed in their response):

I enjoyed the romance between Kirito and Asuna (Softy for romance)

Something that confused me though was the jump between episodes 2 and 3, kinda got me wondering why they cut that part out. And the ending, everyone keeping the ties they made in-game, always nice to make new friends I say.

their response:

So what they are saying is that the jump from episode 2-3 is because in the novels they excluded all the middle floors (including the ones in the anime(?) and had them in later novels as filler (like game DLC(?)) and that is the reason that they were not included in the anime (probably along with other reasons like having too much filler and/or dragging the season out)

the area from here and a few lines below this used to be about a pharagraph, but i realized that i was just agreeing with Lemmingllama so to make things short and to the point: i agree with Lemmingllama!

P.S. please correct me if i am wrong.  i never read the novels so i am just going off what i have seen in the anime and read on this thread.

Edited by Confused2

Episodes 2-7 were basically side-stories / filler added later in the Light Novels. In order of being made, the series did episode 1 then skipped directly to episode 8. Which is why 2-7 seems to skip around so much. It wasn't really intended to be fleshed out like it was in the anime. More so it should have been handled periodically through the series as flashbacks to fit better. As it stands, you can pretty much ignore episodes 2-7 for the most part and you miss absolutely nothing that pertains to the canon of the story.

• Like 1

Episodes 2-7 were basically side-stories / filler added later in the Light Novels. In order of being made, the series did episode 1 then skipped directly to episode 8. Which is why 2-7 seems to skip around so much. It wasn't really intended to be fleshed out like it was in the anime. More so it should have been handled periodically through the series as flashbacks to fit better. As it stands, you can pretty much ignore episodes 2-7 for the most part and you miss absolutely nothing that pertains to the canon of the story.

This was one of my issue with it, I watched episode one then put on 2 and was like...WTF DID I MISS?! lol. They did seem to just be filler eps and I agree they wouldve been done better in flashbacks or if theyd spread it out a bit and maybe shown us a bit more like with episode 2 and the guild, I couldnt really feel for them when they died because I didnt have long enough to even start caring about them.