Sword Art Online (whole franchise)

ShadowWolf

About that crying, I did in normal Clannad and this too, for almost an hour after the

Kirito & Leafa figure out who each other were episode

while still doing other stuff. I still kind of have no idea why that happened. Especially since I knew it was coming.

Think the best scene in SAO is the one where Kirito uses his dual blade ability for the first time against the boss or when he fights the leader guy from Salamanders using Leafa's blade, mimicing dual blades...Those scenes along with the music make those scenes absolutely unreal

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed though with the Salamander leader fight as the music made it sound like the fight could've gone longer. But then again, all of Kirito's dual blade fight scenes were about a minute and 30 seconds or less :(

Edited by Hawkester

A question to those who have read the Light Novels; are they worth it?

I enjoyed the beginning of the first arc, then it slowly got more disappointing. I was actually happy with the ending of the first arc though, that is, before Kirito woke up. (I personally would have enjoyed it if he and Asuna died, haha) - All in all I didn't mind the first arc. I dare say I kind of enjoyed it. However, the second arc was a huge disappointment for me. So, I'm interested in the light novels. I hear they're much better than the anime. Any opinions? 

They are definantly worth it. The next arc is quite interesting as it strays away from the swords etc. in the previous two arcs and the current Alicization arc is even better, I'm just waiting for it to get translated. Also if you do read the light novels, the current arc won't finish until Volume 15ish.

Volume 1 to 4 and Part of Volume 8 (First and Second Chapters) and Progressive Volume 1 Chapter 1 were the ones that were adapted in the anime.

Volume 5 & 6 are the next arc (Gun Gale Online).

Volume 7 is a Side Story based in ALO a while after the ALO arc (Much better than the ALO arc).

Volume 9 and onwards is the current arc

Finally Kawahara (the author) is writing a reboot of SAO (SAO: Progressive) starting from day or two before the clearing of the First Floor Boss, and continuing onwards. This is meant to sort of fill in the gaps as you might have noticed in the anime, that the story would go from Day 1 and jump around ending with the 74th Floor.

Edited by Hawkester
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-22/aniplex-usa-confirms-sword-art-online-english-dub'>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-22/aniplex-usa-confirms-sword-art-online-english-dub

Aniplex of America confirmed during its live streaming panel on Friday that its release of the Sword Art Online television anime series will include an English dub.

Aniplex will hold an exclusive screening of the dub at Seattle's Sakura-Con convention in March, followed by a question-and-answer session with Sword Art Online light novel series creator Reki Kawahara. The anime's theme song performers Eir Aoi (Fate/Zero, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE) and Luna Haruna (Fate/Zero) will also appear at the event.

Now I feel stupid for watching the fansubs, heh. I hope the dub is done well.