Sword Art Online (whole franchise)

ShadowWolf

• 3 months later...

My tattoo artist recommended this one. She used to be a heavy WoW player and said this anime brought back so many memories for her. I just started watching season 1, and so far like how it plays up the aspects of the MMO genre. I heard it's got great fight sequences. 

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoying GGO, I found the original series after 14+ a bit boring. I think SAO jumps ahead to much and misses too much content and it's nice to see GGO doesn't follow the trend as much. They try to condense the story too much into 13 episodes rather then do 25, the ending of S1 as a result seemed to rushed and out of the blue. 

I sort of wish this arc would last longer than 13 episodes, so far (ep 10) the in game time would be at max a week and it's looking like it's going to end soon. They gloss over a lot of the fighting at the start then draw it out towards the end. The other thing is they only really introduce Sinon (at a stretch there's her friend), there's really no other main cast, which is poor. I really hope it ends well with some sort of decent reasoning rather then just 'it was all magic'

• 3 months later...

Sword Art Online to receive an Anime Film

Light novel publisher Dengeki Bunko announced at its Aki no Saiten 2015 event that the series Sword Art Online will receive an anime film adaptation by A-1 Pictures. Director Tomohiko Itou and character designer Shingo Adachi will return to work on the film. It will follow a new original story written by Kawahara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCuz4Rd8xKc

• Like 2

With the recent announcement of the SAO movie, all I can really say is that I hope it comes out good, and that unlike the actual anime doesnt cut out so much. I love this show but I really wish it could have just been longer and cut less out.

The anime didn't really cut anything, actually it ADDED side-stories in to the main plot; episodes 2-8 to be precise were side-stories that were added chronologically into the anime series. The issue was the source material really did truly time-skip left and right and there was only about 8 episodes worth of material for the entire SAO game arc despite there being 100 floors they could have expanded on. You can blame the creator for bad story telling.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Gogeta-Blue said:

Is the new movie good?

When is the blu-ray version coming out?

I am getting really excited.

Japanese Blu-ray is coming out tomorrow, September 27th. Japanese Blu-ray was released a couple of hours ago as of me writing this.

English BD with dub is coming out in December I believe.

Is it good? I dunno, haven't watched it yet. MAL ratings are surprisingly high.

Edited by Scyrous

22 hours ago, Scyrous said:

Japanese Blu-ray is coming out tomorrow, September 27th. Japanese Blu-ray was released a couple of hours ago as of me writing this.

English BD with dub is coming out in December I believe.

Is it good? I dunno, haven't watched it yet. MAL ratings are surprisingly high.

Thanks for the info.

Season 1 was so good that I have watched it for about 5-6 times but Season 2 was disappointing.

SAO was the first anime I watched and from then onwards I became an Anime Lover.