Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Dark_Angel13

Well I have an xbox 360. I chose an xbox because I really wanted to play gears of war as I am an avid fan of it. To me it just feels like xbox has a better community. I also think that it is the much more affordable option and you get the same games to play and more. The games are less costly as well. I just think that for a person who is working on a tight budget an xbox is really the better option. Besides my friend has a ps3 and I've played on it. I still don't regret my choice to this very day

My brother's thinking about selling his Xbox to buy a PS3, since I'll be taking the one we have with me if when I move out. He's been keeping mine in his room, so I don't get to play it much. Because ew, I'm not going into a smelly boy's room to play video games.

I think the only reason I'd get an Xbox is for the Kinect and games like Dance Central. I mean, I have Just Dance for the Wii, but it would be nice to not have to use a controller.

• Like 1

Well I have an xbox 360. I chose an xbox because I really wanted to play gears of war as I am an avid fan of it. To me it just feels like xbox has a better community. I also think that it is the much more affordable option and you get the same games to play and more. The games are less costly as well. I just think that for a person who is working on a tight budget an xbox is really the better option. Besides my friend has a ps3 and I've played on it. I still don't regret my choice to this very day

The games are the same price, almost exactly, xbox is certainly the cheaper option and the only reason for the "better" community is that everyone and their dog has an xbox now, ps3's are more expensive but are well worth the cost and actually they have exclusives for both systems like Halo and killzone, those games are only for those systems so thats also wrong, although to be honest majority of games are for both platforms.

I've got both but except for exclusives, I don't really get that many games for my 360. 

My first got the RROD and since then i've had a 2007 model with not so much memory on it. I could just buy more memory but most of the time I can just get the same game on ps3.  My ps3 has had the most games for it for quite a while now and next to my 3DS, is my most used gaming system. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As an owner of both systems I would have to give it to the PS3. Both systems have their advantages but it really depends what you're into. For me it felt like the whole point of the xbox was to play with friends online and have conversations on LIVE with them. I had fun playing Halo and COD for a while but I hated the fact that we had to pay for LIVE. Once my LIVE ran out I didnt see a point in paying another $60+ to keep playing. My 360 now collects dust on my shelf.
The PS3, on the other hand, might not emphasize communication with other players as much but offers free online play which is definitely a plus. The games on the PS3 just draw me in more than 360 games and I feel like the menu as a whole on the PS3 is way smoother than the xbox. I also prefer Netflix on the PS3 over the xbox. On top of that I can play all my favorite blu-ray movies on my PS3 and it just feels more complete and better for the average gamer (not hardcore gamer). 

I have both a PS3 and an Xbox 360. The PS3 has better graphics and one blu ray disk instead of multiple dvd's. But the xbox has better exclusive games.

What exclusive games does the xbox have other than Halo? 

Have to agree with this as well, the xbox has halo and that's all... and to be honest halo is garbage with poor graphics and a crappy multiplayer system

I own both but, to be honest I play Xbox 360 way more than PS3. What's funny though is I own two PS3's because I used the other one for web surfing way to much and it got super slow so I had to go out and buy another one when Twisted Metal came out. There both good systems but I think Xbox 360 is better it just has more fun playable games. PS3 does have better graphics but the only games I play for it are Little Big Planet, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, LA Noire, and the Metal Gear Games.

I own both but, to be honest I play Xbox 360 way more than PS3. What's funny though is I own two PS3's because I used the other one for web surfing way to much and it got super slow so I had to go out and buy another one when Twisted Metal came out. There both good systems but I think Xbox 360 is better it just has more fun playable games. PS3 does have better graphics but the only games I play for it are Little Big Planet, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, LA Noire, and the Metal Gear Games.

I'm only really picking out one little piece here that keeps bothering me in a lot of xbox fans posts. "It just has more fun playable games" People keep saying it has better exclusives or better games etc etc and I don't mean to pick at your post but someone needs to finally turn around and list some of these games that are apparentely so good for xbox. So could you please list the few that you mean by fun playable games? Thankyou in advance and sorry if this sounded a bit dicky, wasnt meant to.

• Like 1

I personally find that Xbox has more western games and PS3 has more eastern games. Of course there's a mix between both, but I think that's generally how it goes. I personally prefer Japanese games, it's just what I grew up with. Though I do own both, I tend to favour the PlayStation more. - Another thing, IMO, I prefer playing PlatStation games solo, where as if I don't have company with my Xbox I tend to give up pretty fast. (not sure why) Though, Xbox 360 has a MUCH better online system than PlayStation 3.

In other news, Xbox is planning on releasing a new console "Xbox One" and PlayStation is releasing the "PlayStation 4" which is pretty cool. I'm pretty excited, and will probably snap-buy the PS4 when it's available. I'm a bit hesitant on the Xbox One. Especially since the 'always online' thing, and also they're planning on region locking games.

I'm only really picking out one little piece here that keeps bothering me in a lot of xbox fans posts. "It just has more fun playable games" People keep saying it has better exclusives or better games etc etc and I don't mean to pick at your post but someone needs to finally turn around and list some of these games that are apparentely so good for xbox. So could you please list the few that you mean by fun playable games? Thankyou in advance and sorry if this sounded a bit dicky, wasnt meant to.

I can fine sir.

1. Halo Genre

2. Gears of War Genre

3. Ghost Recon Genre

4. Splatterhouse

5. The Splinter Cell Genre

6. Ghostbutsers Mini game sanctum of slime

7. Voltron Mini Game

8. They had Phantasy Star accessible for a little while.

9. Crackdown 1 and 2

10. Saints Row

11. Naruto Rise of ninja and broken bond

12. Ace Combat 6

Are all really good games.

I can fine sir.

1. Halo Genre

2. Gears of War Genre

3. Ghost Recon Genre

4. Splatterhouse

5. The Splinter Cell Genre

6. Ghostbutsers Mini game sanctum of slime

7. Voltron Mini Game

8. They had Phantasy Star accessible for a little while.

9. Crackdown 1 and 2

10. Saints Row

11. Naruto Rise of ninja and broken bond

12. Ace Combat 6

Are all really good games.

I've played my fair share of Xbox games, such as the Halo and Gears of war series, even Ninja Gaiden when it was for the original Xbox. My main problem; the complete opposite of the PS3 and worst part about the Xbox: The fact you HAVE to pay to play. Imo, that's what makes the PS3 superior. Don't mean to step on toes, but how can someone stand that?

Edited by AxelVIII

I do because I'm single and my room, food, and car is fully payed off. I have no financial issues so throwing around a bit of extra money here or there for the sake of gaming (since that's a fairly cheap hobby) is not a big deal. But I can see where your coming from. Back when Xbox 360 first came out I was still living with my parents and was like "Man I wish I had my own credit card" And now I have 2.

I took a ps3 cause:
it's hardware is equal or greater to xbox360 in all categories (probly cause it's newer. But it's newer cause Microsoft just threw together a 2nd rate console to quickly gain market share. Good strategy on their part, though. Not critisising them)

xbox360 is just a ps2 with some ps3 features

microsoft doesn't care about customers or gamers, just profits. They just want to muscle in on Sony's territory.

xbox360 had higher initial break-within-one-year rates than the ps3

But the 2 main reasons:

i grew up with psx and ps2

I found that invariably in my country: people with 360s prefer 360s, people with ps3s prefer ps3s, people with both prefer ps3s.

What's interesting to me is that so many ppl here say xbox for social.

From their initial announcements, it seems ps4 will be more social and gaming driven and xbox will be more American couch-potato driven. Wonder if the market shares will swap round?

Anyway, so far I haven't an opinion on PS4 or XBox One. They both seem like good consoles and they differ enough for the xbox to not be considered a playstation knock-off and for both consoles to cater to different needs. Though the ps4 seems more age 8-17 focused and the xbox more balanced.

Mmm. As I said before, I strongly feel what separates them are the games that's played on them. Some games are generic, for example Eternal Sonata is on xbox360 and ps3. I played it on both platforms, and it differs very little when it boils down to graphics and the gameplay. In terms of internet, Xbox is pay to play and Ps3 is free, Xbox live is however superior. (even as a ps3 fan I can say that's 100% true... for now!)

When I was in school my friends would argue about this all the time, and I felt (and still feel) that they're VERY similar. To restate what I said before, Xbox feels more western and PlayStation more eastern. Take that away and they're pretty much the same.
That being said, I think Microsoft is taking a HUGE step in the wrong direction with Xbox One.