Does anything really annoy you?

Dark_Angel13

Wow... Anyway. Speaking of doors.

There is this one thing that also annoys me. I call it the "Door game" (totally original right?). There's this really big thing in the part of the country I'm at to open doors for people. I know people do it to be chivalrous so good for them, but it just annoys me. So here's an example. I'm walking right. There is someone ahead of me some distance right. We are walking towards a building and the dude gets there and looks behind him and sees me so he holds the door open. Well guess what I'm like 10 steps away so I have to like fast skip to him so I don't leave him hanging. So EVERY TIME I walk to doors with people around me, I have to make sure I'm following close enough behind someone to where it's not awkward for him to hold it if said person decides to do it. It's like a constant worry when I walk around and even makes me cringe when I see people doing it.

My solution! When I lived everywhere else around the country we did this. Everyone walks. When we get to the door we keep a constant stride, open the door, extend arm back, let go when your arm is done extended. Bam. That easy. No having to worry about having to run to someone holding a door. Now you might be like well the door might slam in my face. Well that's the extend arm part. So if you're close enough you'll get in, and if you're not you just have to use the muscles you were given to open a simple door. :|

So yeah hope I don't come off as ungrateful, I just think you can be courteous a better way.

I know what you're talking about! I am also unsing your "technique", but for the opposite reason lol.

I always hold doors open when I see someone behind me - but unlike you, most of them would keep their slow pace and make me wait several seconds until they actually reach the door. It's a quite unpleasant feeling just standing there and holding up the door for some stranger for an eternity. But for me, it's even more unpleasant when I'm not holding the door open lol. I've been educated this way and would feel kind of "guilty" if I didn't do it.

But ever since I use this "technique" I don't have to wait or feel guilty anymore :D.

And here's one thing that annoys me:

I cannot stand people chewing bubblegum and making a big deal out of it. I remember this ony girl chewing bubblegum everyday in the bus after school was over... Even though she was sitting a few metres away from me, it annoyed me so much I was clenching my fist...

I can endure people just chewing it, but not opening their mouth as far as they are able to just like they want to swallow you up - plus making that awkward noise. Argh... I have to stop paraphrasing this accursed picture I cannot get out of my head...!

Well I just got on today and checked this for the first time, I have to say that I've realised majority of things that annoy you guys and gals also annoy me. Especially the slow moving traffic in malls or town centres. But what's worse is when you're trying to get on the train or bus and the people in front of you just stop dead, to do absoletly nothing, which is a major inconvenience when you're running to the train to catch it before it leaves and some bloke stops dead, then when you run into him he goes off at you or you have to matrix slide to the right and dodge him, only to see him start walking again and get in your way again...Happens everytime! Which is why if you ever see a guy really hammering around Sydney in the mall or a plaza it's probz me, matrix dodging people to get past them or ahead of them lol...

The noise one for me when eating is a big deal too, when I was at home I had to eat dinner with family and my father was a big one for making slupring and smaking noises as he ate, it used to make me feel sick so I'd usually pretend I had to do something and wait until he was done before eating my dinner...usually cold by then

On the matter of the doors thing that annoy people, I have my own that I don't think has been listed yet so here goes. I'm fairly chivalrous when it comes to opening doors for woman or letting them pass me by or letting them go ahead of me onto the train or w.e, that's not what annoys me, what annoys me is when they don't say thankyou or just thanks, some give a small smile which is another way of saying thanks and I'm cool with that, I am a stranger after all but it's not hard for people to do this and what's even worse is when you get that preppy scowl as if to say damn straight you hold that open for me or let me go first, it's like they just expect men to bow down for them and do shit, which usually results in me later never opening the door for them and is slowly making me stop being so chivalrous. It's rude and it irks me, it's irksome! lol

One more thing before I'm done on my little rant. The word busy, I don't think some people can understand it's meaning. I'll be watching tv, trying to listen to something, gaming or reading etc and people start talking to me, I say I'm busy and I swear it's like I've just turned around and yelled at them "TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY RIGHT NOW!". So yeah, that's what annoys me for today, I'm sure I'll find some other things soon enough

When you are supposed to meet someone at a certain time/place and they get late and don't even say sorry.

Also when I start playing online and then my parents ask me to do something or the phone rings or stuff like that…

Edited by Dazzep

lol, I know what you mean, it is incredibly annoying. Make you wanna run right over them. Also Like when you have people driving in front of you and they are going way below they speed limit, makes you wish for a bull dozer.... or a monster truck.

Slow walking people are the bane of my existence. I walk pretty quickly though the mall because I get impatient waiting behind people and I can feel my legs begin to disintegrate from the slowness. (That might be an exaggeration.)

I too find this incredibly annoying. I am a fast-paced person. Anything that slows me down pisses me off. Its the same when I work on a project that involves multiple people...if someone is clearly not trying to keep the pace because they simply are not wanting to get it done...irritates the hell out of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Like, in person or online? Because if it were in person, that'd be pretty weird and rude! Online I can understand why people do it--I get pulled off the computer for a number of reasons, either because the cats are trying to scale the walls or get inside the fireplace, either my roommate or Java needs something from me, I suddenly realise the laundry has been sitting in the washer all day, I left the water running, something is burning... And then I get distracted and do something else, so by the time I return to the computer, a while has passed.

EO, in real. It happens a lot of times to me at home and at work.

I don't really want to talk to anyone in real ya knw? They'll flag me down, I'll come...they'll start speaking and leave me hanging in mid-sentence. I'll usually just walk away after I count to 10.

Not saying it happens all the time, just when it happens....I lose my s**t.

Things that annoy me, so im in my room its all dark the door is closed... and my mother walks in she opens the door and turns on the light then leaves the room that's when something triggers in my head and i have to RAGE about it but it doesn't stop her from doing it again, i wonder if other people have this problem

• 3 weeks later...

That also annoys me Pav, another thing that is starting to annoy me recently this is people who don't understand what excuse me means when you're trying to get past and people in shopping markets who stop every ten seconds or have like a billion items to put through the checkout, I have like 5 and ask if I can go in front and they basically tell me to get fucked....

You'd think it's just common courtesy to let someone ahead if they have a few items in hand and you've got a full cart. But I can understand there's not much to be done if your stuff is already getting rung up unless you want to make the whole thing awkward for everyone, haha. If I'm only grabbing a couple things, I just go to the self check-out lanes, lul.