Does anything really annoy you?

Dark_Angel13

Ok so we get annoyed by a lot of things in our lives but is there anything that just instantly makes you twitch and snap a little bit and wanna lose it or give you a cold shiver and make you glare.

For me it's when cutlery clangs together, I hate it, the noise makes me shiver everytime, same with when i hear a piece of cutlery hit against someones teeth or my own, I despise it.

Go ahead and say what your biggest annoyance is and don't be cheeky and put me lol :)

Things I get annoyed at.

* People turning up just before tea time. You want food eat at your own house.

* Not a fan of the noise of cutlery myself and nails down chalk board.

* People talking all of the time. Do I really care about every single thought your having. Very eye rolling. I just turn off.

* People that you tell something and they did it too but much better. Yeah, Yeah lol don't lie.

* People(Men) that cough in my direction and dont cover their mouth. This really pisses me off. I feel rage. It isn't the first time I've nearly went postal on someone for not taking notice when I've askd them politely not to do it and they not took notice so I just dont mess around and tell em one more time I'm banging you out. I dont like that side of myself but some people only respond to crap like that. Manners cost nothing. The same goes for respect.

*Garden peas.Little green monsters. Yuk. Good for flicking off the end of your spoon though. They move pretty fast as I seem to recall :)

Edited by Digatu

Ug. The number one thing that annoys me is when I hear people eating. Like the chewing, gulping, swallowing, etc... It's so gross, and I think my mom is the worst offender ha. So whenever I eat with other people I have to have a tv on or something to drown the noise out.

• Like 2

* I hate to hear people complaining. Confiding in someone is one thing, but constant complaining really irks me.

*Miss Prisses (may offend some.) One of the most annoying things is when girls go around and think that they are the center of the universe and can't do anything without help.

* You ever been around those people who always have to one up you. I really annoys me when they always got to go and show that " My horse is bigger than yours".

* A bathroom and that reeks, for heavens sakes turn on a fan and use some air freshener.

* Ever know someone that is a total pain in the *** and every word out of their mouth is total rubbish? Well that is my sister's boyfriend he's a total pest.

These are a few of the things that tend to disrupt my attempt at inner peace

I am rarely offended but I do find things completely and utterly annoying and make me snap.

People talking bad about people I care about.

Stupidity

People who lie.

People who talk about there minor problems like they are a huge deal. Like breaking a nail...

Being treated like a kid. Especially now when I am a wife and about to be a mother.

Being treated like I am the stupid one when it is the other who is speaking ignorantly.

Ug. The number one thing that annoys me is when I hear people eating. Like the chewing, gulping, swallowing, etc... It's so gross, and I think my mom is the worst offender ha. So whenever I eat with other people I have to have a tv on or something to drown the noise out.

That's Misophonia lolrawr!!! I have that as well :/

Sitting in a room with open doors. I cannot abide it.

Also ignorant people. It sounds harsh, but the people who could understand something if they attempted to, but still don't try to, just make me insanely annoyed.

Oh, and people trying to make comments about something they know nothing about. My mother about computers, for example.

I have many things that annoy me...but for now..

I'll just say, when I'm walking in malls and people just....walk. Like their directions are on a fixed path. I find myself dodging people like the Matrix. That....annoys the hell out of me.

If its a women I'll move out of the way being a gentleman and al that. Im one of them that holds doors open for women with a smile lol. But a guy I aint moving out of the way. Not happening. I dont know why, I guess its a territory thing.

Slow walking people are the bane of my existence. I walk pretty quickly though the mall because I get impatient waiting behind people and I can feel my legs begin to disintegrate from the slowness. (That might be an exaggeration.)

lol, I know what you mean, it is incredibly annoying. Make you wanna run right over them. Also Like when you have people driving in front of you and they are going way below they speed limit, makes you wish for a bull dozer.... or a monster truck.

• Like 1

* I hate to hear people complaining. Confiding in someone is one thing, but constant complaining really irks me.

I am with you 100% on this one; mostly because most of the things I hear people complaiin about are so trivial that I can't stand it. Actually, I think what I'm talking about falls in the category of whining.

People talking bad about people I care about.

People who lie.

Being treated like I am the stupid one when it is the other who is speaking ignorantly.

Mess with one of my peeps, I dare you. I'm bless with a nice sized group of close friends and most of us have been friends for 10+ years. For the most part though, I'm one of people you can say just about anything too or about and it'll roll of my shoulders. But, you cross that line when you try to bad mouth or push around one pf my friends.

If you really want to see me crack on a person to person level though, talk down to me like I'm an idoit.

Also, I can't stand when someone constanly interupts you. Your trying to have a conversation with some one and they never let you finish or get your point across before they're butting in. It's like man, "Do you want to hear the answere to your question, or do you just want to fill my responce with your own thoughts."

Sorry, I'm getting all fired up just talking about it, lol.

Edited by Asce
  • Like 1

Things I get annoyed with:

• People not knowing the road rules in the town I live it, seriously it's like everyone just got their license and are driving for the first time....
  • My brothers, enough said lol
  • Co-workers who do not pull their weight at work and I have to make up for it.

Thats really all I can think of at this time off the top of my head. I am sure there are many more things that annoy me but I want ramble on about them.

Slow walking people are the bane of my existence. I walk pretty quickly though the mall because I get impatient waiting behind people and I can feel my legs begin to disintegrate from the slowness. (That might be an exaggeration.)

Now I am a tall person and this is one of my pet hates and not being able to pass them as they are not only walking slow but also due to they are taking up all the walking room. I just cannot stand it.

You guys would have hated living with my grandfather if you hate open doors. When I was staying at their place during high school because we were waiting on our house to get built, I initially was sleeping on the couch while my brother slept on the floor. My dad slept in his old bedroom. It got to the point where my brother's snoring stressed me out too much to really be able to sleep, so my dad and I switched spots. This was the beginning of a lifelong cold war between my grandfather and me, because they started fussing at my dad about how he's "hiding me away" and "trying to conceal me". lolwut, I just hate people snoring.

I was cooking rice on the stove and sitting at the dining table, which was about four feet away from the stove. I could see the stove clearly and would have been able to get there within a few seconds in case anything went wrong. Cooking rice does not require standing over the stove the entire time. It just doesn't. I'm Asian--I would know. I have never ruined a pot of rice beyond repair. But no matter what I would cook and no matter my protests otherwise that I knew how to cook without setting fire to the house, I would be belittled and treated like an idiot, as if I didn't know I had a pot of rice cooking on the stove because I'm too bubble-headed to remember.

These constant jabs went on for ages. I still read manga at the time and my grandfather would fuss at me about reading books "backwards". No matter how many times I explained it to him, that was his quip each time. Every single word that came out of his face just infuriated me--he was the quintessential "I have never left this city in my life and know nothing of the outside world except for what Fox News tells me". This was not a man you would want to discuss social justice issues with, let alone discuss the cultural norms of other nations.

The door thing was the last straw. I tended to keep to myself and would close the door while in the bedroom and on the laptop to keep noise from the rest of the house from leaking in and to keep any noise from anything I would do from getting out. It was a respect thing. I tended to listen to my headphones loudly and I didn't want to subject anyone to my music or video games more than I had to. My grandfather had other notions. He would open the door every time he walked by it. At first he did it without saying anything. I would just look up, see the door was open, and just get up and close it before returning to my work. At the time I was participating in NaNoWriMo, so I was doing a lot of writing and didn't want to be disturbed.

Eventually he started lecturing me on leaving the door open. I didn't understand what he was fussing about and said I wasn't doing anything illegal or wrong--I was just focussing and wanted my privacy. I told him I wasn't like my aunt, who would sneak out for booze and boys. I had zero interest in the male population of North Dakota and zero interest in liquor. Then he lectured me more, so I just put on my headphones and turned up the music, pointedly ignoring him.

At some point, if I recall correctly, he threatened to take the headphones from my head. Oh, you want to talk about setting me off. I told him if he ever laid a hand on me, I would call the police. Then he told me to go ahead and do it, he'll drag me out onto the street by my hair. Like, really? I just want to be left alone and you terrorise me the entire time I'm there? For no reason? I had already put up with a lot of shit from my mother before my parents finally divorced. I already was carrying these notions of being unwanted after being told that I should have been aborted. And this old fuck is harassing me because I want the god damn door closed when I'm writing!

Eventually he left after lecturing me more, his ridiculous diatribe falling on deaf ears. I locked myself in the bathroom and called my father, telling him what had happened. He told me to stay in the bathroom and not to come out until he came home. So I waited. When he finally came home, I heard brief conversation, then a very loud, very aggressive, "NEVER TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" from my father.

That was when he got me and told my brother and I to pack our things. We took our cat, loaded up the car, and spent the rest of the time waiting on a house in a hotel. This would the time I was contacted in to join the Air Force because I aced the ASVAB. So I was itching to get out of there, but couldn't because I still had my entire senior year to complete.

I later found out he was terrorising me because he was trying to "subtly" kick us out to make room for his sister who was slated to visit soon. My grandparents live in a small trailer and we were taking up all of the extra room. So instead of, you know, being an adult and maybe telling my father about his sister's visit, giving him money to stay at a hotel until we have a house to live in, or maybe telling his sister to stay in a hotel because she's a grown woman, my grandfather just bullied the ever-living hell out of me until he ran us off.

He hasn't sought forgiveness or apologised for the way he treated me. I don't speak to him when I come home for the holidays and if I ever saw him about to go off a cliff, I'd happily push him right off it and watch him fall.

Moral of the story: LEAVE THE DOOR CLOSED.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Wow... Anyway. Speaking of doors.

There is this one thing that also annoys me. I call it the "Door game" (totally original right?). There's this really big thing in the part of the country I'm at to open doors for people. I know people do it to be chivalrous so good for them, but it just annoys me. So here's an example. I'm walking right. There is someone ahead of me some distance right. We are walking towards a building and the dude gets there and looks behind him and sees me so he holds the door open. Well guess what I'm like 10 steps away so I have to like fast skip to him so I don't leave him hanging. So EVERY TIME I walk to doors with people around me, I have to make sure I'm following close enough behind someone to where it's not awkward for him to hold it if said person decides to do it. It's like a constant worry when I walk around and even makes me cringe when I see people doing it.

My solution! When I lived everywhere else around the country we did this. Everyone walks. When we get to the door we keep a constant stride, open the door, extend arm back, let go when your arm is done extended. Bam. That easy. No having to worry about having to run to someone holding a door. Now you might be like well the door might slam in my face. Well that's the extend arm part. So if you're close enough you'll get in, and if you're not you just have to use the muscles you were given to open a simple door. :|

So yeah hope I don't come off as ungrateful, I just think you can be courteous a better way.

Wow... Anyway. Speaking of doors.

There is this one thing that also annoys me. I call it the "Door game" (totally original right?). There's this really big thing in the part of the country I'm at to open doors for people. I know people do it to be chivalrous so good for them, but it just annoys me. So here's an example. I'm walking right. There is someone ahead of me some distance right. We are walking towards a building and the dude gets there and looks behind him and sees me so he holds the door open. Well guess what I'm like 10 steps away so I have to like fast skip to him so I don't leave him hanging. So EVERY TIME I walk to doors with people around me, I have to make sure I'm following close enough behind someone to where it's not awkward for him to hold it if said person decides to do it. It's like a constant worry when I walk around and even makes me cringe when I see people doing it.

My solution! When I lived everywhere else around the country we did this. Everyone walks. When we get to the door we keep a constant stride, open the door, extend arm back, let go when your arm is done extended. Bam. That easy. No having to worry about having to run to someone holding a door. Now you might be like well the door might slam in my face. Well that's the extend arm part. So if you're close enough you'll get in, and if you're not you just have to use the muscles you were given to open a simple door. :|

So yeah hope I don't come off as ungrateful, I just think you can be courteous a better way.

Well, I was not expecting that. Where I live that is just common courtesy :) , although I can see where that could get annoying. The South is just like that.

Edited by Reptoholic