Forum Converted to IPB

Koby

Guest _Takashi_

It appears that I'm unable to sigin using my account "Shirσ". I've been using the "forgot password" feature to reactivate my account and when I re enter the new password I still can't signin. It's probably because my username uses a special character "σ". I would really appreciate if you could resolve this problem for me Koby. Thanks.

It appears that I'm unable to sigin using my account "Shirσ". I've been using the "forgot password" feature to reactivate my account and when I re enter the new password I still can't signin. It's probably because my username uses a special character "σ". I would really appreciate if you could resolve this problem for me Koby. Thanks.

When did you exactly sign up, cause the database being utilized is from May.

EDIT:

NVM Found your profile, yeah don't know whats up with that. Have you tried the email option?

Edited by Jªvª

Guest _Takashi_

NVM Found your profile, yeah don't know whats up with that. Have you tried the email option?

Yes, I did and requested a new password and still nothing.

Guest _Takashi_

Yeah, just looking at your profile conversion url, seems like that unicode character whacked things up

Yeah, That's probably it.

Guest _Takashi_

Have you tried simply copy/pasting

Shirσ from your profile http://forums.kamets...user/8759-shir/ ?

Ack, going by that url, perhaps the σ isn't actually counted.. try Shir.

I know when converting the database it gave a lot of errors about special characters in names and said something about replacing them with - or nothin.

I've tried "Shir" and copy/pasting "Shirσ" and still nothing.

Edited by _Takashi_

Hum yeah the background definately needs to be changed, it's way too simple right now.

And I can at last change the titles of my posts :D. Also, now you can change your gender and birth date yourself.

There are a few remarks I have to make though. We don't have any of the images for the download posts, they all went away with the upgrade I guess, or are not at the same url.

Also, you need to put an automatic resize of images, I noticed that in some of my posts.

Another thing is that we can no longer put url's in the code box, it just does like this :

[url="forums.kametsu.com"]kametsu forums[/url]

. There are a few changes to make to the template for the download posts.

Edit: ah and also, I noticed the uploader group lost the rights to see the staff part of the forum (the part with the reports and all I don't remember what it's called).

Edited by dark4yoyo

I just got through testing out some of the profile editing stuffs. One thing I noticed was that I couldn't find a way to edit the converted information stuff.

Should be fixed now.

i like this forum you've converted to, it looks great.

Any chance of getting donator status back for those of us who did donate?

I've got nearly 200 members to sort through and add donator status back to. I'll try to get to it when I get a chance or give a list to my co-admins to get them to help out.

Good job the forum is looking nicer though a banner at the top would be nice :)

Agreed.

Guess I'm in the minority in that I don't really care for the new look. I'm not going to give you too much crap, though, since I know it was a pain in the ass, but I do kind of miss vBulletin already.

It's going to take time to get our own theme re-created for this forum. Of course it won't be completely the same. I also know that pleasing everyone is impossible. I just hope that everyone can bear with me for the coming weeks ahead as we continue to sort out issues and learn more about the skinning process.

great work bro now please for the love of god get a dark skin installed soon my dang eyes are bleeding looking at the forum

I installed 2 dark themes and 1 light theme for now. I'll be re-designing our old skin for this software as some point.

Looks interesting,I will look around for a bit once again. However some new Emoticons would be good

We should have our old emo's back. I'd have to check.

There is no place to change the Member Title...unless I am just not seeing it.

I think it's set so you need x-posts to be able to. I just can't remember what I set x to.

I think the gil is gone.

EDIT : there are no options to change the gender in the edit profile page. It says : "Not Telling" but I'm a male. if an admin wouldn't mind changing it, I would be grateful. Also I became crusader after this post, but I was Crusader + before.

EDIT 2 : I'm now crusader + and I don't know if an admin did it. If it's the case, thanks.

Gil, Arcade, vBshop, Members Online Today, and any other vB mods/hooks will of course be non-existent. Good thing is, most of what the Gil and vBshop allowed you to do, IPB can allow you to do right out of the box.

As for upgrades to Crusader and Crusader +, those are now done instantly instead of having a wait time. I've also made Crusader + an automatic upgrade after x-amount of posts. Where as I can't remember what I set it too, just that it was more than a hundred.

• Like 1