Yui's Showcase

Alice

I finally got around to checking out your wicked collection of GFX work. I must say Sakura Rei that every GFX artist on this site has a unique style and you style is one of those eye catching ones. Out of your last set before your SOTW entry these two would be my favourite especially the first one, it blends in so well and that txt type is one I have loved and used on many different occasions. Keep it up!!

Sakuya Izayoi Sigs:

SakuyaIzayoi04.jpg?t=1343955149SakuyaIzayoi01.jpg?t=1343955147

I'm going to do a pros and cons list for the works you've done recently, just because I think it'll be easier for both of us, haha.

Animal SOTW entry:

+ I like the effects you used in the background.

+ Good color choices. The little bit of tan in the render is a good contrast to the black and white.

+ Nice work doing a mostly monochrome color scheme; those can be pretty difficult.

- The render seems blurry. It looks like you've smudged the edges of the render into the background, which can be a useful tool; this could be what makes the render look out of focus, but I'm not completely sure.

- Try not to place the text in the corner of the signatures. Sometimes, you don't have much of a choice. I find that placing the text close to the render, and making it less pronounced (smaller, less opaque, etc) is what usually works best for me. But everyone has different ideas about text, so just experiment with different things.

Sims set:

+ Putting TS3 on all the screens is a cute touch! :3

- The background is a little lackluster, and isn't really cohesive. It might have been better continuing the green from the logo, instead of using that purple.

- I know I was just talking about making the text less noticeable, but in this case, it's hard to read.

+ The avatar looks great as is; though I don't usually put text on avatars, but that might just be me.

Dark_Angel13 set:

+ Matching the colors of the render and the background. That's a basic concept in my book.

- Matching colors is good, but it's hard to tell where the render ends and the background begins.

+ Contrasting fonts always add a bit of flare. Good choices; they're different, but no so much so that they look weird together.

- And then again with the text in the corner.

+ Again, the avatar looks good. *thumbs up*

I love how you're experimenting with different styles; I think that's the greatest thing a person can do to improve their work. Keep it up! =D

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

@Poe

The set I did for dark was made to look like the render was blended in and not know where it ends.

The Sims one...even I didn't like how that one ended up.

The animal SOTW I made intentionally blurred a bit.

@Dark

I'm glad you like.

Edited by Sakura Rei

Thanks Dark!

Entry for: SOTW #84 Skulls

Skullz+SIG.png

Here are my BOTM contest entries I have done in the Contest Corner.

September BOTM

I did this one early because my child could be born at any time now, and I wanted my entry made ahead of time, just in case. I did it honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

CCABOTM.png?t=1345265488

August BOTW

kuroyukihimebanner.png?t=1343917384

July BOTM

KametsuFoums.png?t=1342112728

June BOTM

SummerBanner.png?t=1342383895

Edited by Sakura Rei
  • Like 2