Sailor Moon New Anime 2013

cloud1414

Worldwide simultaneous release targeted; Momoiro Clover Z to sing theme

img_02.jpg

The idol group Momoiro Clover Z, publisher Kodansha, and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Momoiro Clover Z made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Update: More background information added. Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series. The event also did not specify which song Momoiro Clover Z will perform as a theme song of the new anime.

Update 2: Kodansha editor Fumio Osano confirmed that the new anime project is not a film project. [Via Tadashi Sudo]

Update 3: Osano also emphasized that no details have been set for a hypothetical broadcast. However, the staff intends to release the new anime worldwide simultaneously. Source: Oricon

Update 4: During the event, Mitsuishi mused aloud if she will appear in the new anime. In a blog post after the event, she said that she is eager to play a role in it. Thanks, Ford Prefect.

Update 5: Mitsuishi added in her blog that the "enemy" is not the Dark Kingdom, but she was speaking metaphorically, not literally. She said that the figurative enemy is her own self from the first Sailor Moon anime; she is comparing her audacious performance then to her acting now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013

My guess is that its going to be alot shorter than the original anime being 200 episodes. Im guessing its going to be around the same as Dragon Ball Kai being around 90+ episodes. The only reason the old Sailor Moon anime was 200 episodes was because they had to make a monster a week thing to make filler because of the manga like other animes having to make filler.

So far this is the confirmed Opening for the anime: -72Lje6nwg0

Im also glad this is going to be a complete overhaul HD remake like how bones remade Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. So im really excited to see how the animation will look like.

Im also glad this is going to be a complete overhaul HD remake like how bones remade Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. So im really excited to see how the animation will look like.

Yeah I am pretty curious as to how the animation will be.

Still there is a few remakes out there of the older series that ended in a disaster. I aint gonna get into detail there :P

The opening song is pretty catchy.

Yeah I am pretty curious as to how the animation will be.

Still there is a few remakes out there of the older series that ended in a disaster. I aint gonna get into detail there :P

The opening song is pretty catchy.

People are already bashing on the song, but people need to understand... this is going to a modern Sailor Moon, this isnt back in the 90s. I actually like the song for the opening. And knowing how animes make the song shorter for tv-size, who knows how the song will sound like when it airs. Im just wondering about this new update from ANN: "Mitsuishi added in her blog that the "enemy" is not the Dark Kingdom, but she was speaking metaphorically, not literally."

I heard about them making a new anime on Tumblr. I'm not much into anime, but Sailor Moon was my first exposure to anime so I'm interested to see what they do.

Getting het up over the song seems to be a bit much. It's just a song, haha. It's not like it'll be playing during the entire anime as the producers laugh jovially in their chairs, rubbing money all over their faces.

Yeah I heard about this on Twitter. First Lupin the III now Sailor Moon. Sadly for me to watch it, I would have to watch ALL the previous episodes that came before it to fulfill my OCD. There's way too many so that's not happening. Hope you all enjoy the nostalgia. XD

Also I heard people talking about Sailor Pluto. Technically she shouldn't exist anymore since they now say Pluto isn't a planet lol.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One of those series that just never dies it seems lol. I remeber watching the original series back when I was a kid. I used to kinda like it... but it's not like i never had a chocie, we had next to no startions where I live back then and it was literally the only anime on (I didn't even know what anime was back then lol) and as a kid there wasn't many cartoons I didn't like. I don't much care for Sailor Moon now though. (no offense to those that do like it, it's just not for me as an adult now)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...