The "Woah, surely this can't be real" thread

RikuoAmero

Well I knew that Assasin Bugs used their saliva in order to kill their prey, even if the prey is bigger than itself. I also knew that they used debris to cover their body in order to initiate camouflage. But dead prey insects!? That's something. Also, did you know that various types of Assasin Bugs are used in agricultural lands as beneficial insects? Who would've thought that something like that would be beneficial for farmers.

• 1 month later...

I would like to quote the article.

" It might seem like a ridiculous stunt, but imagine you were fighting a war and saw a soldier coming at you covered in dead bodies. You probably wouldn't know what the hell was going on either. "

Yeah.... Sounds about right. That is interesting though, not so far away from the spore that controls its victim/sends it off to nowhere to kill it. (First appearance/discovery was on an ant and people were going "Oooh, first link to zombies") Now what do we have, people smoking so much that they eat each others faces.

Not saying that's legitimate or not, but I'm pretty sure zombies are the end result out of all these new discoveries, just saying.