An excellent example of how to break bad news!

Oblivia

Hi everyone, I recently received this really funny email from a friend of mine that I wanted to share with you. Here it goes:

Dear mother and father,

Eight months have passed since I enrolled the college, and I still didn’t send you a single letter. I am ashamed of that, but I promise, I will make it up to you now. First of all, please, sit down.

I am ok. My burns are almost healed and I am almost completely recovered from the shock that I had to jump from the 4th floor. I spent only two weeks in the hospital, my sight came back to me completely and I throw up only once in a week.

Since it was I who started the fire, we must pay 35.000 euros compensation to the university, but the most important thing is that I am alive. I was lucky because a man who lived across the street saw what was going on and called the firemen and ambulance. Moreover, he paid me a visit while I was in the hospital, and since I didn’t have a place to stay (my room burnt down completely), he was so kind to offer me to stay at his place. He has an apartment with only one room, but we are doing great. By the way, he is about your age, but we fell madely in love with each other and are planning to get marry. We didn’t quite decide when the wedding would be, but we want it to happen before everyone notices that I am pregnant. Yes, my beloved ones, it is true, I am going to be a mother! I know you can’t wait the moment when you will become grandparents, and I have no doubts that you will greet the babies (we are waiting triples!) with as much love as you surrounded me with when I was a little girl.

The only thing that is now postponing our wedding is that my fiancée picked up somewhere a disgusting infection. That’s the reason we are both again in the hospital, because I got infected with that too, but we are much better now, thanks to the antibiotics, which we get intravenously. The doctors call this disease syphilis, or something like that.

I know that you will greet my husband with your hands wide open, and that he will swiftly become a part of our family. He is very sweet man, and despite the fact that he didn’t finish elementary school he is very ambitious. Of course, he is of another religion, but I know you are tolerant, so you wouldn’t mind the fact that he is black either. Since he is approximately your age, I am sure that you will get along very well, especially after we move in with you (since his apartment is too small for so many people, and it isn’t even his – we are paying a rent). It seems to me that his parents are honorable people, too, because his father is famous narcotic smuggler from Africa, a homeland of my future husband, and even though he has a job like that he is penniless, which only proves his righteousness.

And now, when I have explained everything in detail to you, I think it’s time to admit everything – my place didn’t burnt down, so nothing happened to me, I wasn’t in the hospital, I don’t have a black fiancée nor syphilis. The truth is that I failed mathematical analysis, and three other subjects, and so, logically, I renewed the year, and just wanted to show you that there are far worse things in this world than that.

Sincerely, your daughter!

Lol, what do you think? :)

Lmao that's great! it just goes to show you, your life could always be worse then just flunking a class lol

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. There are alot worse things than failing a subject hehe...

Yeah, you are totally right, but I don't think that many parents would appreciate that point of view. :)

i thought it was great,but i'm sure the parents were releaved at the end

Yeah, and that is why I think this is a good tactic for breaking news; after all that, every news is almost the good news. :)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL .... NO!

I read this one already... so it's not funny to me anymore but *wets pants* yes I am laughing again.

If I only knew sooner that there is an english version of this text, it would save me a trouble of translating this one :).

• 1 month later...